NEWS

Main events of 2075

• 21 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-17-15/2224:09> »
The worldwide food shortage (And Aztlan famine) continue in 2075, so that's a Thing, and teh fallout from teh Rio Gambit has the CAS fightin' mad at the PCC, ruining the good relations that they'd built up. Teh PCC has, in turn, been on MUCH more friendly terms with Aztlan since then.

Horizon is licking its wounds in teh wake of teh Az-Am War finale, and, as Los Angeles residents come into proper PCC shares, Horizon, the PCC, and NeoNET (By way of Alberquerque) are warily eyeing one another.

Aztlan is, on teh one hand, being hammered by teh need to import food, where they used to be a massive exporter, and lost NatVat, plus a respectable chunk of their military, BUT, they also finished teh war, got away from having a lukewarm broder with teh CAS, and now are seen as Dragonslayers worldwide, seeing a MASSIVE uptick in weapon sales. They're also doing research on the sliver of Amazonia that they captured, trying to figure out what new plants are there and how they can be profitalized.

Celadyr, in addition to being a major player in NeoNET, is now the dragon Loremaster. How he deals with the aftermath of THAT whole thing has yet to be told. Hestaby has been kicked out of her home and stripped off all her wealth and possessions. (Rumor has it that she's hitchhiking down Big Sur, playing hackeysack and frizbe along teh way.)

CFD, formerly known as Sybil, is blowing up into a big problem.

*Something* is happening to the Infected, with Vampires going a bit, uh, batty, while Ghouls are getting more feral and hungrier.

CHicago is being opened back up, and there's a corporate ruch of sorts erupting there, with MCT leading teh charge.

The Ork Underground is now an official part of Seattle, and Renraku's been given authority to figure out exactly what that means.

Governor Brackhaven's under investigation by teh FBI.

Trying to think of what else...

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #16 on: <07-18-15/0251:37> »
Wow. Way more then I remember happening!

That is a mighty big brain you have Wak. (Or really good PDF-fu skills)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <07-18-15/0957:29> »
Wow. Way more then I remember happening!

That is a mighty big brain you have Wak. (Or really good PDF-fu skills)

Events are easy, DATES are hard. Some of that might be i the later-half of '74, for instance. I don't have notes handy. When I rebuild my office, I'm putting my Shadowrun reference, like, RIGHT be the computer, dangit!

So, right now, that's all juicy brainmatter work, rather than, you know, actual reading. Pretty sure that the Excaliber debacle's over by then, but the disease behind that symptom's still VERY much in effect at the time. (Tho Aurelius being killed by wasp spirits should be during it!) ... seriously, grab Storm Front for a big "Clean the board in time for SR5, then start new things in motion" book. Dirty Tricks is also a good one for that.

Mr. Black

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <07-19-15/2317:52> »
Don't forget that Seattle is pushing hard to finish construction for the 2076 Olympics, so there are jobs a-plenty. Either that, or Brackhaven is about to unleash a genocide... ;)

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <07-20-15/0514:58> »
Hi all,

Yes, there is plenty of events spanning over 2075, and Storm Front will certainly help me having a more clearer picture. However, what I missed, as pointed out by Wakshaani are actual dates. If you look at this Shadowrun Timeline[1], you'll see a couple of events related to the Dragons Civil War in january and then almost nothing up until December 2075.

It's fairly easy to have a grasp of what is happening (CFD, Brakhaven in Seattle, and so on), but no clue at when events happens...

[1] http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowrun_timeline

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #20 on: <07-21-15/0025:12> »
The problem is no one updates the Shadowrun wiki timeline that often.

Splintered State takes place in February of 2075, and I believe the first few pdfs of season 5 missions also takes place in 2075. The events of Stolen Souls is split between 2075 and 2076.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <07-24-15/1211:13> »
One of those has unverified side-effects on metahumans...  And was spread all across the northern coast of South America. 

Also, Lofwyr stepped down from the position of Loremaster.

Yeah and now Celendyr has immediately gotten in trouble as the new Loremaster. Depending on how people played (& voted) on Lockdown will determine how much trouble he's in. So only 2 options keep Celendyr from being totally boned & 1 of those 2 still let's Lofwyr determine how boned he is even if it's in private. So there will be some big Dragon repercussions coming soon.