NEWS

GenCon 2013

• 69 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #45 on: <07-27-13/0402:51> »
I'd be in but I'd like to know when it's going down (date and time). I'm coming from Montreal by car, it would tell me if I can make it.
I know we're looking at Wednesday evening, but I don't think we've got a specific time yet.

OK, in case this didn't get around:

Scottie's Brew House, 8/14/13. Now the "official" time is between 6:30 and 7:00. But because Scottie's is an official sponsor of GenCon and because of the sheer business that week, they can't take any reservations or private parties. So it's going to be more of a come-as-you-are party. But, they know we're coming, we just can't get any special treatment. *shrugs*. But that's where everyone will be!
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <07-27-13/0754:26> »
All the Shadowrun events are in the miniatures hall again this year, which is kind of annoying (but also kind of useful).  We're supposed to be in one corner though, so hopefully that will help a little with sound issues.

The Mini's Hall is in the main convention center area.  So 5-10 minutes tops, depending on crowds and stuff.

I don't know exactly where we'll be in the halls yet, but we should have plenty of signage and stuff to make it easy to find.

Thanks.  Sounds like I should have plenty of time to drop off my bags and grab a quick shower before coming to play.    I much prefer it that way.  I'm sure the other players will too.

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <08-09-13/2257:03> »
Has a list of Gen Con exclusive items been posted? I work at a local gaming store, so I'm prioritizing my purchases :-)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <08-10-13/1452:08> »
You might want to check out the CGL site for a list of what all they'll have there.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <08-10-13/1858:52> »
Looking forward to seeing what gear cards and spell cards are like.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <08-10-13/1920:53> »
OK, Mission at GenCon question...
Should I bring dice, or will dice be at the table?  Trying to decide if I need to pack a boatload of dice with me, or if that's some weight I can cut out.

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <08-10-13/2107:28> »
You might want to check out the CGL site for a list of what all they'll have there.

I saw that page when it popped up in my Facebook feed, but it doesn't say what's actually con exclusive (last year they put up a page that was more specific...I suppose part of the problem is just not knowing what's going to be ready & available from the printers).

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #52 on: <08-11-13/1415:22> »
OK, Mission at GenCon question...
Should I bring dice, or will dice be at the table?  Trying to decide if I need to pack a boatload of dice with me, or if that's some weight I can cut out.

Not a boatload, but some would be necessary.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #53 on: <08-11-13/1709:35> »
For some players they think it's an impossibility, but I keep tell them that it IS possible to roll dice more than once on a test if you have fewer dice than your pool.  Roll 12 dice, count up hits, then roll the last 4 you need and add those hits.  :)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #54 on: <08-11-13/1714:25> »
But why would you if you can roll 16 dice? :P

I got sets of 4 colors of 9 dice each for players, so they can use 1 color for attribute, 1 for skill, then the last two for extra bonuses. But yeah, all you need is a few dice and counting the amount of hits and 1s before rolling again.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #55 on: <08-11-13/2008:27> »
Just saying that if space is an issue, or you don't have all your dice with you, or whatever.  Drives me nuts when someone slows down combat even further to ask if tehy can borrow a couple more dice from someone for their roll.  If they'd just have rolled and rerolled, we'd be done already! :)  Plus, you don't ever roll another man's (or woman's!) dice, it's just not right!

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #56 on: <08-11-13/2249:12> »
My 4th Edition characters were getting so unwieldy that a tablet-based electronic dice roller with auto-hit-count started becoming almost a necessity.

Not as satisfying as a big fistful of dice, but a LOT faster than rolling rolling rolling then counting counting oh wait those exploded roll more ahah no I need to edge roll more.

-k

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <08-12-13/0254:40> »
My 4th Edition characters were getting so unwieldy that a tablet-based electronic dice roller with auto-hit-count started becoming almost a necessity.

Not as satisfying as a big fistful of dice, but a LOT faster than rolling rolling rolling then counting counting oh wait those exploded roll more ahah no I need to edge roll more.

-k

*shifty eyes* So..um...yeah...I actually had someone bring a troll tank sam to a table that I invoked WAR!'s "Large Dice Pools" rule for his
soak rolls...

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <08-12-13/1144:50> »
Just saying that if space is an issue, or you don't have all your dice with you, or whatever.  Drives me nuts when someone slows down combat even further to ask if tehy can borrow a couple more dice from someone for their roll.  If they'd just have rolled and rerolled, we'd be done already! :)  Plus, you don't ever roll another man's (or woman's!) dice, it's just not right!

I don't think that I will ever need 16 dice without lots of positive modifiers.  However, my question is answered.  It's BYOD, so I'd better find somewhere to pack some dice on my trip.  (I've never brought dice to GENCON before.)

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #59 on: <08-12-13/1200:11> »
My dice are set. Picked up Amazon's last two boxes of Pegasus' SR dice tins.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.