NEWS

Fake SINs and names

• 107 Replies

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #75 on: <03-03-11/1714:31> »
They do.  The plates aren't numerical any more, but I see them more as barcode-like, similar to what you see with the Delorian after it's flying upgrade.

Morphing Plates hardwire meshed with Spoof Chips are a must-buy for 'Runners.

Arsenal, Page 105, BTW.

I agree competely
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #76 on: <03-03-11/1856:14> »
Well, Army Surplus is cheap and easy.  Even if it doesn't blend into high-end hotels well.

Then again, a good, high-ranking officer's uniform with a "Private" carrying the bags might make it work perfectly.  It's all about presentation.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #77 on: <03-03-11/1858:09> »
Well, Army Surplus is cheap and easy.  Even if it doesn't blend into high-end hotels well.

Then again, a good, high-ranking officer's uniform with a "Private" carrying the bags might make it work perfectly.  It's all about presentation.

very true

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #78 on: <03-03-11/1930:04> »

very true
So true indeed as to be utilised in my next Hotel Run. I like it :)
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #79 on: <03-03-11/1956:26> »
Just make sure that both the officer and the private can walk in lockstep, otherwise anyone that knows what to look for will break the scene in a second.

It's the little things, as I've said.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #80 on: <03-03-11/1957:49> »
And that the only time the private is in front of the Gen. is to open the door or something like that

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #81 on: <03-03-11/2001:41> »
And that the only time the private is in front of the Gen. is to open the door or something like that
"PRIVATE!  OPERATION BULLET-SPONGE!"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #82 on: <03-03-11/2039:42> »
"PRIVATE!  OPERATION BULLET-SPONGE!"
'Corporal Meatshield, I think we both know what your job is here, correct?'
'Sir, yes sir!'
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #83 on: <03-03-11/2050:53> »
OT, but for some reason I'm reminded of an issue of "Punisher Max" that had Nick Fury taking off his belt and beating a four-star general like his pappy should have over a very, very stupid thing.

Well, one, he put The Punisher in a bad situation, and Nick likes the vigilante for some reason.  Two, the plan they put together was so idiotic that even I (A Civvie Puke) thought it was a bad idea.  And, three, he was called away from his hookers, "The kind that charge a lot by the hour."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #84 on: <03-03-11/2258:56> »
OT, but for some reason I'm reminded of an issue of "Punisher Max" that had Nick Fury taking off his belt and beating a four-star general like his pappy should have over a very, very stupid thing.

Well, one, he put The Punisher in a bad situation, and Nick likes the vigilante for some reason.  Two, the plan they put together was so idiotic that even I (A Civvie Puke) thought it was a bad idea.  And, three, he was called away from his hookers, "The kind that charge a lot by the hour."

Its time like that that make me love Fury

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #85 on: <03-03-11/2303:26> »

Its time like that that make me love Fury
I smiled seeing him (Old style WWII Nick Fury, too, BTW) pop into the Marvel Max universe.  I knew massive levels of bad assitutde was about to happen.

Punisher Max is a good Shadowrun "Sourcebook" series, as well.  It shows a person living under the radar with insane amounts of firearms and how he does it smartly.  Also, it demonstrates various forms of surveillance, tactics (Not sure how good they are, but hey, better than what you see in the movies!), and just how much ass one person can kick when really pissed off.

Same storyline, someone was about to approach and hurt a little girl that was about the same age as The Punisher's daughter before she was gunned down.  He'd already been beaten so badly he couldn't stand...

You can guess what happened.

I have to find those comics again now.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #86 on: <05-02-11/1128:05> »
All my character's had Fake SIN that are named after someone else. My actual face broadcasts the identity of a certain Nicolas Machiavelli, and my Technomancer responds official calls in the name of Ada Lovelace...

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #87 on: <05-03-11/0105:35> »
Punisher Max is a good Shadowrun "Sourcebook" series, as well.  It shows a person living under the radar with insane amounts of firearms and how he does it smartly.  Also, it demonstrates various forms of surveillance, tactics (Not sure how good they are, but hey, better than what you see in the movies!), and just how much ass one person can kick when really pissed off.

Same storyline, someone was about to approach and hurt a little girl that was about the same age as The Punisher's daughter before she was gunned down.  He'd already been beaten so badly he couldn't stand...

You can guess what happened.

I have to find those comics again now.

Not just Max. There was a short run Punisher Armory series that greatly influenced my Shadowrun thinking back in the day.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #88 on: <05-03-11/1125:18> »
Not just Max. There was a short run Punisher Armory series that greatly influenced my Shadowrun thinking back in the day.
-k
Yes, but it is very, very, VERY hard to find them now.  It took me...  Seven years, three cities, and a trip to the US to get my collection.

Very useful, however, and does give a lot of ideas, as well as image ideas for weapons and other equipment that Shadowrunners might use.  Especially considering that they're likely to be working "On The Cheap" so the High-End (Or beyond, as we are talking "Microchip-Aided Punisher" here) Equipment he shows off would be in the Discount Bin at the Crime Mall, perfect for Shadowrunners to use.

In addition, a few pages are dedicated to training and "Off Time" practices which are great for characters to take into consideration between 'Runs.  Too many GMs forget that there are often weeks if not months between Shadowruns at times.  What do the characters do with their time off?

One of the rules I implemented was that everyone had to have at least one knowledge skill that was a "Hobby Skill".  The Pre-Fab characters come with one, after all), and if they don't explicitly state what they're doing, that's all they do.

"Wait, you spent all month watching JUST Urban Brawl?"
"Sure, the College Playoffs were happening in Russia.  I had to pirate a LinguiSoft and I don't think I understood the announcers too well, but it was really interesting how the game is played over there, did you know..."
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #89 on: <05-03-11/1709:54> »
Quoted. Sigged. Grinned at. +1'd.

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set: