NEWS

Date Night ( IC )

• 3424 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3420 on: <07-31-16/2014:03> »
Marco embraces Yelena, his eyes are wet. For a moment he is his old self and he whispers "I need to do that, I can feel your pain - be strong, be brave. Forgive me for all that I wronged you, I had nothing but good intentions in my heart - but good intentions can be just as destructive. I know that and I am sorry for that." He shows her the place he is going to jump and says "I have made arrangements, for 12:00, I have already signed their papers they will quickly remove the mess but would not revive me.  All the hard work done - in the end it is difficult to say goodbye."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3421 on: <07-31-16/2030:36> »
Yelena does not really understand what he is saying.  "Marco not let Yelena have body?  Why?  Marco, please, no.  For love, please no."  She continues to silently mouth the last words as she realizes that he is going to do it anyway.  She sinks to her knees and watches as he stands on the edge of the building.  She can tell that he is calmly counting down the time to his death and puts her hands in front of her eyes, crying out one more plea for him to come back to her.  "No.  Marco, no.  Please no.  Come Yelena.  Please."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3422 on: <08-01-16/1345:04> »
Marco says very little, the silence - there is nothing else to say. He need to disappear and his girl friend may be questioned about it. She cannot know, not when the adversary is a cult of dangerous mages. People that may be able to steal memories directly from one's mind...

kind of like Marco.

He receives a phone call shortly before jumping - it is Gabriel and Marco gives a good cry a combination of rage, and despair. He is a wonderful actor, a total actor, one that become the character.

Then at exactly 12:00 he says his goodbye and jumps - it is only a few seconds before he gets to the ground - but these seconds are the most difficult, dying by jumping is a bit like drowning yourself. He can cast a spell and save himself, but he does not do so.

1... 2... 3 ... Boom - goodbye Marco Bianchi, goodbye Marco Black.

One last thing, when he had to go he did so in his own terms, it was a good death.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3423 on: <08-01-16/2204:21> »
The response to Marco's jump is a carefully calculated one. Not faster than the average response time, an ambulance exactly like a hundred others, a crew with plenty of practice at emergencies, a machine pronouncing his death and then with no more rush than a body deserves. Blakes crew has plenty of practice with faking anything. And the skills and expertise to bring Marco back once they get him in the van safely locked away from prying eyes and ears. And far away in an office in Italy a comm call comes through, >>Father Gabriel, this is highly irregular.<< a clipped, cultured voice answers. >>Blackie is dead. A million cred in training and then surveillance wasted. His new girlfriend evidently pushed his already far to unstable mind over the edge.<< Father Gabriel responds. The voice on the other end of the line answers, >>This is the third suicide from your group of boys Gabriel. Four if you count Nomad. I'm not sure I can continue to justify the expense of your program with those kinds of numbers.<< Father Gabriel responds curtly, >>I don't think you can find more devoted or willing killers.<< The voice simply responds, >>Devotion is cheap.<< He hangs up the phone then and for long moments is lost in thought.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3424 on: <08-02-16/0334:49> »
Yelena remains kneeling on the roof for some time, minutes are unrecognizable in her state and she does not know how long at first, but when she consults her internal chrono, she finds it has been exactly seventeen minutes and twelve, no thirteen seconds and counting.  A rare spot of light in her already mostly dark heart is extinguished and she slowly rises to her feet.  She sends out a message to the rest of the team, telling them that Marco has killed himself and so will not be coming to Poland.  Following on the heals of Tuskaloosa's change of heart and the necessary hiding of Firefly, this leaves the team as only three. 

Yelena reaches out and grabs the strands of shadow that exist in hidden corners here on this windswept rooftop and pulls them to herself.  Marco would never have understood.  His mind had been too ready to be sure that his way was the only way.  His fucking selfish way.  He had refused her love and her help, determined that no other solution existed.  He might have been right, but he had not let others try to help.  Yelena would have challenged these unholy priests in their own unholy sanctums, sending their souls to the shadow lands and adding their skulls to her back.  Her love had been true and clean, but it had proved inadequate and weak.  She cannot destroy it, but she can hide it.  She uses part of the shadow to seal off that portion of her heart that she had given to Marco.  She can feel it pushing against the shadow, but now is not the time to let those feeling out.  There will be time to mourn and she knows her Srui will be there for her.  But now it is time to leave this place.

Without looking back, Yelena descends back to the street level and walks up the street to where she can catch a bus to where she parked her bike.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>