NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (OOC)

• 237 Replies

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <10-11-16/1022:00> »
OK, I cast Influence on the guy.  Took one stun drain in the process because I forgot to declare force.

Edit:  Not sure why I thought I took a drain.  Since I forgot to declare force, and rolled 6 hits, I set force at 6.  Drain code for the spell is F-1.  Drain roll was 5.  So no drain.

smilinirish:15D6E5 → 5( (3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 6, 5, 1, 3, 2, 2, 5, 6, 3, 6→ 5 successes against 5) )

Smiles, I usually would set the Force of this spell at 5, so that I'm resisting 4 drain.  feel free to consider this roll as 5 hits instead of 6. 
« Last Edit: <10-12-16/0623:47> by SmilinIrish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <10-11-16/1412:21> »
Could have tried with mundane convincing before a risky spell but nevermind.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <10-12-16/0742:10> »
Mundane convincing means Jed has to step out of the van, something he doesn't want to do right now as he lights up like a Christmas tree for the mage the moment he does so. And with Marco sitting in the van to upset to move or speak, Influence is his best option.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <10-17-16/2303:08> »
Hi guys, for the explosion assume the van & Blackbird are approx. 10m away. Commercial explosive pg 436 from the core, rating 5, 10 kilos. Device was remotely detonated.
« Last Edit: <10-17-16/2305:06> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <10-17-16/2307:19> »
what exploded? your post does not say. Is Marco hurt?

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <10-18-16/0805:06> »
An explosive’s Damage Value is calculated as its Rating (modified by the Demolitions Test, if you made one) times the square root of the number of kilograms used (rounded down).   Each hit on a Demolitions + Logic [Mental] Test adds 1 to the explosive’s effective rating.   The Blast value for a circular explosion is –2 per meter, while the Blast value for a directional explosion (up to 60 degrees in a specific direction) is –1 per meter. When explosives are attached directly to a target, the target’s armor is halved; otherwise the explosive has an AP value of –2.  If an explosion destroys a barrier, it creates a cloud of deadly shrapnel that threatens an area far bigger than the actual blast—the shrapnel blast has a DV equal to the explosive’s DV minus the Structure rating of the barrier, with a Blast of –1/m.  See Barriers,p. 194, for calculating an explosive’s effect on a barrier. 

Smiles, we need to know if the blast is circular or directed, need to know how many hits the person got on their demolitions test.  Jed is looking out the back of the van, so if the blast destroys the doors, the shrapnel would be what Jed resists.  Bod of a Step Van is 16, Armor is 12, but at the least there is glass shrapnel. 

It is (rating 5 + demolition test hits times 3 (square root of 10) minus something per meter depending on whether it is directional or circular.

It is not going to have any effect on the Van, but the windows may be affected.  Smiles, are they plain glass or ballistic or armored?  Plain would be a building window and cars are tempered, so I'm thinking at least ballistic. 

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <10-18-16/0842:07> »
The pallet exploded, 2 hits on the demolitions test, blast is circular, glass on the car is armored and the pallet would be shrapnel.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <10-18-16/0920:21> »
So the formula 7 (5+2 hits) times 3 (square of 10) for a total of 21 minus two for each meter, so a grand total of 1 damage to resist (-2AP) .  If the shrapnel is a separate test, it is 21, resisted by half the body/structure (so 3), assuming no hits, minus 2 per meter, so another 1 with no AP. 

Is this correct Smiles?  That won't break the glass, but might mess up Marco's hair.  We are fortunate he was 10 meters away. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <10-18-16/1015:53> »
Thank you for working all that out, Irish.  I was a bit lost in the numbers.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <10-18-16/1019:28> »
21 damage is scary. Apparently distance from the explosion is the best defense. I've never
Looked at explosives before today, waiting on confirmation that this is how it plays out.

Qwikfix

« Reply #55 on: <10-18-16/1135:20> »
I would need to check up after work, but from my memory on how explosives work the math is sound.  The van will shrug off the blast and shrapnel null sweat, and the same goes with Blackbird.  How and why this happened is anyone''s guess (thankfully smiles didn't do what I would have ;) )

But yeah, Irish, thanks for putting that up

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <10-18-16/1140:24> »
It looks like we're made.  It appears Nicolai is a fool who didn't do his recon properly. Time to take out a mage and gtfo.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <10-18-16/1443:51> »
Damage resistance -2: 9d6t5 7
Damage resistance: 11d6t5 4

he is just terrified, not hurt.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <10-18-16/1545:57> »
In Nicolai's defense he told y'all to kill the driver and gtfo as soon as he saw the sitch.  :P  (And it was tempting to put 100k on the pallet. But, then Tsina would have had a very high chance of killing her primary target, not just his goons,)

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <10-19-16/1853:25> »
And lets roll for initiative. And while I know it's not the usual way things are done in SR, just for my ease I'm rolling once for each type of gang member and they'll all go on the same init. round. Goons, guards and the razorgirls will not be able to act until the second round of the init. sequence to represent the need to move out of hiding.

razorgirls are x2.
« Last Edit: <10-19-16/1858:35> by ismilealot »