NEWS

New and don’t know where to go

• 5 Replies

Kinotu

• Newb
  • In a jam? Call the Doc.
« on: <05-13-18/1845:55> »
I am brand new to this forum and Shadowrun in general. I was looking to join a pbp game in any setting. I have access to most of the books and read most of them extensively and very flexible when it comes to characters. I noticed the pbp topic page, but hasn’t been posted in for almost a year. So now I don’t really know where to go to try and look for a recruitment page or post where I can let people know I am available for the shadows. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <05-13-18/1918:07> »
If you would be available for live sessions, go over to the main shadowrun reddit and they have a link to a beta of live-online Missions adventures.

Kinotu

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-13-18/1945:34> »
Unfortunately, I have a baby that does not allow for much live gaming online or table top. I have been in a couple of pbp which has shown to be the most feasible for my current schedule. I get an hour at work to post as well as around 2-3 hours a day at home but not consistently at the same time.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-14-18/1449:45> »
Hi Kinotu, welcome to the boards.

I'm in the same situation, namely a young child at home and thus an inability to commit to regularly scheduled sessions, but with a job that allows good Internet access during the day. I've been playing strictly play-by-post since my son was born.

As you've noted, there's little PbP activity on these forums anymore. The site went through a period of significant stability issues late last year that made them unreliable. Many PbP groups migrated elsewhere, mine included. The site you're looking at now is the new-and-improved version that hasn't had any issues recently (knock on wood) but the PbP games have yet to return.

Off the top of my head, I can name www.rpol.net and www.rpgcrossing.com as two fairly prominent PbP sites. There are almost certainly others. Shadowrun games pop up sporadically, perhaps one or two per month. I would keep your eyes on the Players Looking for Games and Games Looking for Players threads. Here's a fairly recent one that might work for you:

http://www.rpol.net/display.cgi?gi=4&ti=37188&date=1525763813

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner

Kinotu

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-16-18/0807:07> »
Thank you.