NEWS

A quick shout out to the SR5 Matrix rules

• 198 Replies

DamienHollow

« Reply #180 on: <06-22-13/0618:48> »
They already can't keep track of all the information that's going around. At what point are they going to hit the limit of diminishing returns?

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #181 on: <06-22-13/1039:58> »
Secondly, this is the second edition in which we have had full wireless capabilities. I think by now anyone who is competent will realize that the most secure thing they can do is simply log off.
I am all with you. But for covert ops and so on. When you have to be connected (for example, assuming you are using a link in a Secure AAA area), well being connected being a staple, why not trying to get some advantage from it. If you are not in a situation of direct opposition, but more something where the target is not aware of your presence, well having some distributed computation around (I don't think that could be identified as an activity, but I would like to see some specific detection actions for this) could help.
If you do it in the smart way, not going all out wireless so that if tables turn, then you will be able to get your nervous system hacked because you put your wired reflexes as well as your goggles online...

Then there's Sybil, which we still don't have a good grasp on... you know what, forget the data jack... i'll use goggles and bio-ware.
We don't know if bioware implantation use nanotech, you know. That could be in some body areas;) So maybe no implanted character is safe.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally."
Oscar Wilde

Great Dragon: "Oh, look, he has a grenade belt. I guess it is time to retire quickly".
The more it changes, the more it is not the same  any more...:P

DamienHollow

« Reply #182 on: <06-22-13/1801:44> »
It it uses nano tech it would the pink goo kind which can't be reprogrammed. So unless it's in the nanites from the get go you should be safe.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #183 on: <06-22-13/1814:57> »
It it uses nano tech it would the pink goo kind which can't be reprogrammed. So unless it's in the nanites from the get go you should be safe.

Muhuhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #184 on: <06-22-13/1834:12> »

Well that's a bit disconcerting.  :o

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #185 on: <06-22-13/1908:29> »
Well that's a bit disconcerting.  :o
;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #186 on: <06-22-13/1912:44> »
If it twitches like a ghoul, shoot it like one.

Fuck the Sybil.

DamienHollow

« Reply #187 on: <06-22-13/1927:53> »
He's (Lysanderz) Infected!

It's going to be like The Thing, isn't it?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #188 on: <06-22-13/1946:13> »
Oh, much, much worse.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #189 on: <06-22-13/1948:52> »
I'm thinking this is gonna be like the Uzumaki strain of the Exsurgent Virus in EP. A.k.a some rull nasty shet.

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #190 on: <06-22-13/2003:49> »
If everything is connected...  Doesn't that mean that your Matrix-enabled gear helps people shoot you?  Like, an assassin with a smartgun comes up.  His smartgun is Matrix-enabled, so it connects to all devices within a certain range.  The majority of those devices are being carried by the people he's about to kill.  That has to be a bit depressing.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #191 on: <06-22-13/2100:41> »
If everything is connected...  Doesn't that mean that your Matrix-enabled gear helps people shoot you?  Like, an assassin with a smartgun comes up.  His smartgun is Matrix-enabled, so it connects to all devices within a certain range.  The majority of those devices are being carried by the people he's about to kill.  That has to be a bit depressing.
"Hello, I'm Grimmy, it appears your ammo is flattening against your target's dermal sheathing.  Would you like help in aiming at the weak points?"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DamienHollow

« Reply #192 on: <06-22-13/2132:51> »
I'm thinking this is gonna be like the Uzumaki strain of the Exsurgent Virus in EP. A.k.a some rull nasty shet.

I swear to god if I see Shion she dies on sight!

"Hello, I'm Grimmy, it appears your ammo is flattening against your target's dermal sheathing.  Would you like help in aiming at the weak points?"

God damn you paperclip!

jamesfirecat

• Chummer
« Reply #193 on: <06-22-13/2151:52> »

I swear to god if I see Shion she dies on sight!

God damn you paperclip!

I assume "grimy" is actually an ammo clip.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #194 on: <06-22-13/2157:20> »
I assume "grimy" is actually an ammo clip.

Take a look at CanRay's avatar.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015