NEWS

A quick shout out to the SR5 Matrix rules

• 198 Replies

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #195 on: <06-22-13/2208:01> »
It it uses nano tech it would the pink goo kind which can't be reprogrammed. So unless it's in the nanites from the get go you should be safe.

Muhuhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Actually, I am not sure if I progressively find some evident details about the Sybil, or if in the end I feed the Freelancers (or at least, the possibility they have to make us stress about it;)).
For the nanite part, we don't know if they act directly, through their programming, in which case you are right Damien, or as a relay for something else. Remember, a little things are not working in conventional ways here.
Sometimes it feels like the nanites could be the medichlorians the Sybil needs to express its force. Again, that's gonna be nasty.
Can't wait to read the fluff about that.

About Grimy and other things, I don't think that the devices brought by the victims will help so much. Partly, indeed, and I like the irony, but the discussions in the other thread about wireless seem to imply a very wide number of connections through the nearby Matrix. But yeah, it could happen that your own devices (at least, not all those wifi enabled but those with processing power, huge difference) will help nail you.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally."
Oscar Wilde

Great Dragon: "Oh, look, he has a grenade belt. I guess it is time to retire quickly".
The more it changes, the more it is not the same  any more...:P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #196 on: <06-22-13/2259:00> »
I assume "grimy" is actually an ammo clip.
Take a look at CanRay's avatar.
;D

Also, I hear they're called "Paper Magazines" now.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #197 on: <06-22-13/2322:45> »
*facepalm*
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #198 on: <06-22-13/2344:28> »
Any runner worth his salt don't use ammo clips (or magazines) any more. Instead, he wears grenade belts:)
(And indeed, grenades are also able to communicate with the smartgun;) But I guess their tries to help wouldn't do much good:
Smartlink: "Seems indeed that ammo is not flying to the good parts"
Grenade: "You are no doing it well, don't send one metal shard in one direction, send a lot of metal shards in all directions!"
Smartlink: "...")
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally."
Oscar Wilde

Great Dragon: "Oh, look, he has a grenade belt. I guess it is time to retire quickly".
The more it changes, the more it is not the same  any more...:P