NEWS

Goblins Stompers in 5e

• 3 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« on: <01-08-14/2127:33> »
Just a quick question...  I haven't done a lot of conversion between 4th and 5th editions, so I just wanna ask quick about if this sounds reasonable.

The original combat stats for the goblin stompers in Attitude were 2P(f) with AP of -half.

Would something like 5P(f) with -6 AP make sense for 5th edition?

And while I'm here...  They're an exotic weapon, and thus use their own skill (weird but whatever) so I could feasibly get a skillsoft for them, yeah?  Fuckin' weird but whatever.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <01-09-14/0032:02> »
I would rule that using them as a weapon would use Unarmed Combat for anything other than simply stomping.  But otherwise, I like the conversion.  These things are meant to maim and hurt, but not necessarily to kill.  The only thing I'd change is lowering the AP to -5.  This would put it in-line with the electrical items that also previously had an AP of -half.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #2 on: <01-09-14/0217:45> »
I went with -6 because I think the book says something like "all flame weapons have AP -6" but making them similar to the shock gloves makes sense.  And I suppose, along those lines, since they're not any stronger than the much more acceptable and less illegal shock gloves, having them used with Unarmed Combat isn't like some crazy OP decision.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-09-14/0259:15> »
Remember, as long as the fire is burning it can ignite any nearby flammables, including furniture, vehicles, foliage, and elves.
It's not quite equivalent when it spreads, but yeah.