NEWS

[5e OOC] Hunters Chapter 2: Fontanelle

• 496 Replies

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <05-26-16/1518:39> »
Sorry for a couple run on sentences. I tend to write a little pretentiously, waxing descriptive and carrying my point on for far longer than the sentence was designed for. I look forward to some dialogue though!

PS
Mercer, I adore the fact that you took Captain Tightpants as your ID of choice. Absolutely fantastic.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <05-26-16/1557:01> »
I'm going to roll Magic Sense for Achak.

Magic 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 2 hits, bah

Achak is still distracted by the aftereffects of Lola's performance.

There's a chance Achak can detect Flickr's power focus, spirit, and sustained spell. I'll take the liberty of rolling for their resist checks, if only because I have the rules right in front of me.

Flickr's spirit: Force * 2: 4d6t5 1 hit
Flickr's power focus: Force * 2: 6d6t5 1 hit
Flickr's sustained spell: Force * 2: 10d6t5 2 hits

Well, how unexpected. Achak's weak roll is still strong enough to pick up both the spirit and the power focus. I presume a tie goes to the defender and that Achak doesn't immediately notice the sustained spell. I am guessing that Achak will eventually pick up on it, but perhaps not for a while.

Achak will relay that information to Mercer via comms... although now that I think about it I'm not sure Achak has a good way to do so. He has trodes for his commlink but those would look dumb with the fancy suit. Maybe he'll just sit on that information for now.

I'm going to make some assumptions in my post, e.g. Flickr is in his armor jacket and has an accent. Let me know if I'm off-base on anything. I'll try to get a post up later this afternoon.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #47 on: <05-26-16/1611:27> »
* Zweiblumen is thoroughly intimidated by these posts!

Guess I'm gonna have a busy weekend trying to get SF's entrance to be *anywhere near* as well done as these three.  Great writing everyone.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <05-26-16/1622:10> »
My spirit is actually outside, so unless you can pick up that I have services left on an unbound spirit, I wouldn't think you could detect it. Not that that's overly important.

I also realize I didn't list it in my character sheet because the stupid chummer file doesn't, but I actually have initiate grade 1, with Flexible Signature. As attractive as masking is, it is no good until grade 3 or 4, likewise centering and flux. Centering will likely be 2nd though. At any rate, he's got that.

Would I be rolling to beat Lola's attempt to magically alter his perceptions, and if so, what am I rolling?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <05-26-16/1632:00> »
Achak's Magic Sense (adept power) is the equivalent of the spell Detect Magic. It should work through walls and ceilings. Here's the description:

The subject can detect the presence of all foci, spells,
wards, magical lodges, alchemical preparations, active
rituals, and spirits within range of the sense. It does not
detect Awakened characters or critters, astral signatures,
alchemical preparations that that have expired or already
triggered, or the effects of permanent spells once they
have become permanent.

The sense/spell can't tell if a person is Awakened or not, so I don't think Flickr's Flexible Signature would come into play. Achak will assume that Flickr is Awakened due to the focus. (The spirit could be anyone's, but it's a reasonable clue.) Achak is just going to use this information to figure, "this is probably the person we wanted to meet." If Flickr assenses Achak, he'll immediately know that Achak is Awakened too.

Lola's performance is all RP/fluff. I wouldn't say you have to roll anything for it, plus the performance is over. I just attributed Achak's bad roll to her distractions because it seems convenient.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <05-26-16/1639:40> »
I didn't really think through the rolling part, but I astrally projected in and assensed the area before entering, and kept a scan going here and there. I didn't bother rolling anything since it is all just an RP anyway.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #51 on: <05-26-16/1937:57> »
So where was Flickr when he left his soft and warm body unattended in Loveland? >:)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <05-26-16/1954:17> »
I'd like a ruling on whether Flickr is strong enough to overturn a table. Tee hee.

IC post in progress.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <05-26-16/2025:48> »
Sitting on a bus bench with a spirit watching haha
I wrote it in then erased it to reword and didn't put it back in. Whoops. I guess he just assessed when he was inside. 

Maybe he's not. He can levitate it and put it in between him and anyone else pretty easily though 😈

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #54 on: <05-27-16/1810:39> »
Just wanted to check in.  I've been largely out of pocket today, and I'll be out of town until Tuesday, so expect radio silence from the GM until then.  Having fun catching up on the IC posting, and looking forward to seeing where the plan looks to be heading.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #55 on: <05-27-16/1935:55> »

@bangbang Thanks. I'm a big fan of Firefly, so when I blanked on a good fake name to use, that just popped in.

Post is up. Hopefully I didn't step on Tec's toes as I didn't know he was mid post until I came here after posting the IC to type this.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <05-29-16/0325:52> »
Running bug scanner, because it seems like the IC thing to do. Running wireless on means I can use the scanner's rating instead of my non-existent Electronic Warfare skill.

Logic 2 + Bug Scanner R6: 8d6t5 4 hits

Ball is in bangbang's court.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #57 on: <05-29-16/1249:49> »
Good point on the bug scanner. I'm also thinking that regular reboots of our comms would help against cyber spying, which the tracker wouldn't pick up. I should have had Mercer doing this regularly in game, but I'll chalk it up to Lola scattering his brain followed by the sudden and rather blunt appearance of Flickr. He'll regain his presence of mind in my next IC after bbt gets a chance to post.

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <05-29-16/1425:32> »
Visual Perception: 11d6t5 5
5 hits should give us a very good idea of who might be paying attention, if anyone is. It would be awfully hard to eavesdrop without being noticed by that, since I believe ties go to me. I can't imagine there are many 18 dice sneaky-folk just trying to listen in.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #59 on: <05-29-16/1845:49> »
rnb (and Tec, for that matter) regularly roll 90th+ percentile. So, 6 hits on 12 dice are to be expected.

Welcome to hardmode. :p