NEWS

Shift power -- where defined?

• 2 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« on: <03-02-19/1753:42> »
I'm sure that I'm being particularly unperceptive, but I can't seem to find the "Shift (metahuman form)" power that shapeshifters get.  I've run a search of the Run Faster pdf with no luck.  Also doesn't show up in the CRB.  Can anyone point me to it, or at least where it defines how long the shift takes, any impact that the change has (drain, disorientation, incapacitated during the change, astral signature, etc), and anything else I'd need to properly run an NPC shifter in a chase/combat scene?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-02-19/1808:50> »
Did a quick search and found the same question asked on Reddit. I think the power has been printed in at least one other source as well, but here's at least one of them:

SHIFT
Type: M Action: Complex
Range: Self Duration: Special
This power allows the critter to take on the shape of a specific animal or metahuman, and back to its original form. The critter’s attribute ratings carry over to the new form, as do any purely internal deltaware implants; non-deltaware implants are automatically rejected during the change, causing (total Essence cost of implants x 10, round down)P damage—the character does not recover the Essence from implants lost in this fashion. Purely cosmetic alterations such as piercings and tattoos are lost as well, though this does not injure the critter. When in their new shape, the creature gains access to all non-paranormal abilities innate to that race, including Armor, Natural Weapons, and Enhanced Senses, if any. The creature retains all of its paranormal powers in its new form. Once the critter uses the shift power, it remains in its current form until it decides to shift back. The critter does not suffer a –2 penalty for sustaining this power. This power only affects the creature’s physical form, not its clothing or equipment; the process of the change destroys most fabrics.

Aetherology page 38

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #2 on: <03-02-19/1835:16> »
Aetherology?  Never would have thought to look there.  Thank you!