NEWS

Why is the Sleeping Tiger worth $13,500?

• 123 Replies

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #15 on: <02-24-19/2254:52> »
So it looks like John Wicks bullet proof suit?
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <02-24-19/2325:26> »
The Vashon Island Sleeping Tiger (¥13,500) suit gives you Armor 13, Capacity 10 for mods, and has the Holster, Newest Model, Ruthenium Polymer Coating (3) features..

On the other hand, you could get a Zoé Executive Suite (¥2,000) for Armor 12, Capacity 4, and Newest Model feature, it also increases your Social Limit by 1. Pair this with a Ruthenium Polymer Cloak (2). You're only spending ¥10,000 total. Sure, the concealment isn't quite as good, but you can stuff the cloak in a fanny pack or ball it up in a briefcase. Additionally, it can work with any armor you own, so if you've got a set of Security Armor in storage that you only bust out when you know the `run is going to be a shock-and-awe pink mohawk event, you can still be invisible(ish). I've also used it in a lot of other creative ways in the past my favoritve being the time I fast talked way into a secure office building, met the wage-slave I was sent to extract, fast talked her into coming with me, had her put on the cloak, and just walked right back out. Entire `run lasted about 15 minutes "in universe" and about four minutes in real time. 

If you want to spend ¥14,000 total you can get a Ruthenium Polymer Cloak (3) to go with the Executive Suite, matching the Sleeping Tiger's stealth capability and only giving up a pip of Armor.

I prefer the Zoé. You can grab the Zoé Executive Suite at CharGen, then wait a run or two and pick up a Rating 3 or 4 Cloak. 14F should be within the reach of any good Fixer or Black Market Contact(s) you have.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <02-25-19/0059:33> »
It's been a while, but I think Zoé owns the Second Skin so that can combine with the ES?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <02-25-19/0110:47> »
It's been a while, but I think Zoé owns the Second Skin so that can combine with the ES?

Yes, but as the form-fitting Second Skin is worn under the Executive Suite, you’d need to take off the outer layer to get any benefit from the Second Skin’s ruthenium polymer... Still a decent boost to your Armor rating however.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #19 on: <02-25-19/0120:04> »
*plays Ke$ha's 'Take It Off'*

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <02-25-19/0127:36> »
Nah, if you’re going to give Mr. Johnson the full monty, there’s only one song: You Can Leave You Hat On.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <02-25-19/0717:13> »
I like how after all this time, no one disagrees with me that the older versions look literally like garbage, with the implication that current version do too. I feel so validated.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <02-25-19/0722:36> »
Not sure if there are rules for it, but a RPC good enough to make you invisible should also be good enough to appear as any other clothing, at least from a distance. You might need to hack it and preprogram it with several images, but that way a Sleeping Tiger could allow you to mimick most other cloths and uniforms and to change between them dynamically as long as you have data for it on your PAN.
« Last Edit: <02-25-19/0725:25> by Ixal »

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <02-25-19/0742:02> »
It's made of latex, PVC and/or vinyl. You can mimic the color of other clothing with RPC, but you're never going to fix that texture and the noise it makes when it rubs against itself.

A Guide to Gridguide

Wenlocke

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <02-25-19/0808:01> »
I like how after all this time, no one disagrees with me that the older versions look literally like garbage, with the implication that current version do too. I feel so validated.

To be fair, I mostly had this pegged as a research fail in terms of previous editions gear fluff (see also: the Aguilar helicopter losing its much-touted stealthy electric turbine, to the point where someone points out how noisy it is when you;re in one, the GMC Riverine losing its much-touted water jet impeller drive,  being described as having regular props, and a half dozen other minor quirks)
Nostalgia 'aint what it used to be.

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <02-25-19/1039:11> »

It looks like garbage to you, to the people living in 2080, not so much. Fashion trends are weird and we’ve seen them change in the Sixth World between the 2050s and 2080s...

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <02-25-19/1106:48> »
You misunderstand me. When I say that the Sleeping Tiger looks like garbage, I don't mean that it looks bad, I mean that it literally has the appearance of industrial trash. Just read the description of it:

Might the new versions of Sleeping Tiger look a bit different? Maybe. But I'd still think that it's something that makes you look like a Redmond pimp.

A Guide to Gridguide

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #27 on: <02-25-19/1142:59> »
You can control the colors, so if you want to, you can easily look like that yes.

adzling

« Reply #28 on: <02-25-19/1158:04> »
RPC only changes the outside in relation to the background (i.e. predator mode) it does not permit you to alter it on purpose to reflect imagined clothing.

Strictly speaking you would need the Electrochromic armor mod to do that.

Also that RPC cape is going to be pretty shit compared to a full suit of RPC, especially while your moving (and the cape is just flowing behind you and not hiding jack shit).

Check the rules in r&g for coverage of RPC and how it affects utility of same.

TL:DR nothing beats Sleeping Tiger for cost effectiveness if you want functional RPC in a casual suit. If you want change your suit's appearance to mimic other clothing you will need Electrochromic mod.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #29 on: <02-25-19/1218:28> »
"The new incarnation builds from the foundation created by the old with an upgraded color-change system and even an adaptive camouflage feature for the right price."