NEWS

Harebrained Schemes Hong Kong Sourcebook

• 33 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <02-10-16/1629:16> »
Anyone heard anything official about this sourcebook  "release"?
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-10-16/1915:14> »
No further insight...sorry.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <02-12-16/0108:45> »
Not to derail the thread but is there any word on when the next pc game will be made/announced? I haven't been able to find anything.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-12-16/0111:48> »
They're taking a break from Shadowrun to do a Battletech game.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #19 on: <02-12-16/0134:04> »
It's my understanding that everything is long since finished and turned in, it's just somewhere in the editing/layout/proofing/etc limbo.  Since there's never any telling how long that limbo lasts on any given product, it's better to just imagine the book will never ever come out, and then be pleasantly surprised, than it is to estimate a release date.  ;)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <02-12-16/0212:19> »
It's my understanding that everything is long since finished and turned in, it's just somewhere in the editing/layout/proofing/etc limbo.  Since there's never any telling how long that limbo lasts on any given product, it's better to just imagine the book will never ever come out, and then be pleasantly surprised, than it is to estimate a release date.  ;)

Aand then someone presses the wrong button and releases an incomplete version.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <02-12-16/0803:09> »
Just to clarify... the SRR:HK sourcebook has been released to backers. I confirmed with Jason that the decision to "release" it to the general public (ie non-backers) is up to HBS, not CGL. I can't imagine why they "wouldn't" at some point, but no visibility into their plans on this.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #22 on: <02-12-16/0950:35> »
Just to clarify... the SRR:HK sourcebook has been released to backers. I confirmed with Jason that the decision to "release" it to the general public (ie non-backers) is up to HBS, not CGL. I can't imagine why they "wouldn't" at some point, but no visibility into their plans on this.
Oh, it is?  Sweet.

Shows what I know.  I TOLD y'all I feel like things get lost in limbo forever.  ;)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <02-13-16/0204:35> »

Thanks for the update!

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <02-13-16/2009:32> »
I have an update on the PC games. There is no plan to make another Shadowrun game at the moment but HBS implied that they want to make more at some point.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <02-13-16/2156:25> »
That is really nice to know. My guess is that they'll be tied up with BT for the next 12-18 months...should be interesting to see what comes next. ;)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <02-14-16/0030:33> »
That is really nice to know. My guess is that they'll be tied up with BT for the next 12-18 months...should be interesting to see what comes next. ;)

Yet another title from them that I am looking forward to!  ;D

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <02-14-16/0033:29> »

Yet another title from them that I am looking forward to!  ;D

That thing resulted in my single biggest Kickstarter backing to date.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #28 on: <02-15-16/0537:59> »

As much as I enjoyed their Shadowrun trilogy, I hope they'll revive Crimson Skies next. One of my favourite gaming universes.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <02-15-16/0605:46> »

As much as I enjoyed their Shadowrun trilogy, I hope they'll revive Crimson Skies next. One of my favourite gaming universes.

Ooh, Crimson Skies was great, but a FASA title I would love to see them do is the old Renegade Legion games (Centurion, Leviathan, etc.). They never seemed to catch on, but man did I love those games and that setting.