NEWS

What happened to Deckers?

• 50 Replies

Outrider45

« Reply #45 on: <02-22-11/2348:18> »
Senor Jack,

Did you compile this yourself? If not its impressive seeing this.

If you *did* compile this on your own....we got to get you out more often. At the very least get you a "nice" orc lady of the evening or something.  ::)
Yes. Yes I did. ;)
That's it, Bisexual Elf Stripper Ninjas for Jack.

Ah ha his secret fetish is in the open at last  :P

You want secrets? Apply liberal amounts of alcohol to my better judgement and secrets will be revealed about Dirty FastJack, omae.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #46 on: <02-23-11/0821:13> »
Senor Jack,

Did you compile this yourself? If not its impressive seeing this.

If you *did* compile this on your own....we got to get you out more often. At the very least get you a "nice" orc lady of the evening or something.  ::)
Yes. Yes I did. ;)
That's it, Bisexual Elf Stripper Ninjas for Jack.

Ah ha his secret fetish is in the open at last  :P

You want secrets? Apply liberal amounts of alcohol to my better judgement and secrets will be revealed about Dirty FastJack, omae.
Don't listen to him. It's all lies.

<.<
>.>

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #47 on: <02-23-11/1902:26> »
Well there was some degree of merging already back in rigger2/3 where they had a emulator module that allowed deckers to connect to security rigger setups.

So from a rules standpoint it is understandable that one want to fold those into each other as there was more and more of a overlap of capability of not specific rules. Especially once the matrix became wireless as the norm rather then exception.

I think the merger was inevitable but I still don't like it.  The Rigger and Decker had two very distinct feeling about them (which is why you see a lot of RIgger Hackers now).  The Rigger was the master of the droid army, the Decker was the master of the matrix.
And to some degree that is still the case, as while there is a overlap in skills and programs there is still the cost issue (tho the hacker quickly runs out of goodies to spend nuyen on, unless he starts to dabble in micro-drones for those pesky ultra-secure hardlinks only setups).
Want to see my flash new jacket?

wraith

• Chummer
  • just another ghost in the machine
« Reply #48 on: <02-28-11/1616:50> »
Why, yes. That sure does look like a selection of quote locations. Your point?
The point was that you said you hated it when people took their forum names from SR cannon, yet "Wraith" is a Shadowland poster in Shadowrun cannon from Dragons of the Sixth World and Target: UCAS. I'm sure it's more coincidental than ironic, but there it is.

Indeed, my quite generic forum name was apparently once used by a minor NPC commentator.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #49 on: <02-28-11/1946:13> »
Old Deckers never die...  JackBNimble just backs them up.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

tbrminsanity

• Newb
  • Have fun, play games!
« Reply #50 on: <03-01-11/0851:48> »
We had a saying in my military days...

SigOps don't die.  They just go to hell and re-establish comms.
Some people call me crazy...  Maybe they are right.