NEWS

Run Faster Errata

• 288 Replies

KarmicFallout

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <03-12-15/1439:28> »
Not sure if this is against the rules or not but here is a link to a discussion of the Metalvariant table inconsistencies.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/2yn1pm/metavariant_attribute_table_shapeshifters_run/

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #61 on: <03-21-15/1413:53> »
As the rules for maximum starting resources are different for karma point build characters as compared to priority system characters, how do qualities such as Born Rich and In Debt apply to the karma point build system?
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #62 on: <03-25-15/2041:28> »
in regards to jack of all trades and karma reduction for skills 5 and under. does the karma reduction/increase apply to specializations as well?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <03-25-15/2053:10> »
in regards to jack of all trades and karma reduction for skills 5 and under. does the karma reduction/increase apply to specializations as well?

Specializations just add dice to test, they don't count as a skill rank.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <03-25-15/2053:22> »
The Point (Karma) Buy system on pg. 64 needs some clarifications. 

• The previous edition allowed for free knowledge skills based on logic and intuition even for karma character creation.  5th edition does not address this as far as I can tell so some clarification is in order.  Does the point buy system get free knowledge skills based on stats as in 4th edition or do they have to be paid for strictly from karma.
  • In the previous edition contacts were bought out of karma using the karma buy system though in the 4th edition priority system free contact points were received from part of resources.  In 5th edition free contact points are received based on the charisma score when using the priority system.  When using point buy it does say to refer pg. 98 to buy attributes, skills, qualities and contacts so does that mean that point buy also gets the free contact points from charisma?
  • Also would like clarification that qualities do not cost double karma as stated in the character advancement section of the core book (pg. 103.)  I do not think this is the intent but it does say on pg 64 to use the character advancement rules from pg. 103.
Do we know if questions 1 and 2 have been addressed officially somewhere?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <03-27-15/0833:50> »
I think #12 of the 3 to 5 negative mutagen quality was suppose to be Extravagant eyes. Which probably is something along the lines of causing having the Freak attribute, can't have any bioware, cyberware and not applicable with the low light vision from the PQ side of things. +1 on identifying you and all that jazz. And a 10% increase to life style because you can't find contacts for your special eyes.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Max Mustermann

• Newb
« Reply #66 on: <04-17-15/0227:57> »
Hi to all,

The Point (Karma) Buy system on pg. 64 needs some clarifications. 

• The previous edition allowed for free knowledge skills based on logic and intuition even for karma character creation.  5th edition does not address this as far as I can tell so some clarification is in order.  Does the point buy system get free knowledge skills based on stats as in 4th edition or do they have to be paid for strictly from karma.
  • In the previous edition contacts were bought out of karma using the karma buy system though in the 4th edition priority system free contact points were received from part of resources.  In 5th edition free contact points are received based on the charisma score when using the priority system.  When using point buy it does say to refer pg. 98 to buy attributes, skills, qualities and contacts so does that mean that point buy also gets the free contact points from charisma?
  • Also would like clarification that qualities do not cost double karma as stated in the character advancement section of the core book (pg. 103.)  I do not think this is the intent but it does say on pg 64 to use the character advancement rules from pg. 103.
Do we know if questions 1 and 2 have been addressed officially somewhere?

Is there any answers or reactions to the questions above?
Please remeber, i'm not a native, due to this my english will be ... not really good ;-)

Hammerblade

• Newb
« Reply #67 on: <06-11-15/0148:24> »
The Menehune dwarven subtype has incorrect racial traits.

The book notes the following on Run Faster pg90:

"Menehune also do not possess the inherent resistance to toxins of their primary subspecies.
The nasal muscle, nictitating membrane, webbed feet, muscle density variation, and fat layer allow the species to thrive in aquatic environments."

The statistics still show the Resistance to Pathogens/Toxins and fail to list the Webbed Digits:

Menehune 2/7 2/7 1/5 2/7 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6
Racial Traits: Resistance to Pathogens/Toxins, Thermographic Vision, Underwater Vision

I believe the stat block should read:

Menehune 2/7 2/7 1/5 2/7 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6
Racial Traits: Thermographic Vision, Underwater Vision, Webbed Digits

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <06-19-15/0000:22> »
Using Life Modules it is not clear what happens when your Attributes exceed the maximum from your chosen Metatype.

Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

DARKBLADEZD73

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <06-22-15/0048:24> »
Hey Chummers,

The Life Module Organized Crime pg. 78 does not have any Attribute bonuses. This has got to be a mistake.
 Even if it gives you 17 total skills & 2 Qualities, That is not comparable to the rest of the Life Modules, which all give you some for of Attribute buff. Hope they errata it.
« Last Edit: <06-25-15/2244:28> by DARKBLADEZD73 »

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #70 on: <07-09-15/0718:08> »
3  separate queries/suggestions concerning life modules.

1: In the Formative Years section the modules "Arcology Living" and "Corp Drone" provide the exact same attribute and skill bonus' whilst Arcology Living also provides the negative quality "Limited Corporate SIN". Given that these modules both have the same karma cost there is a definite mis-match in here. It is my belief that the Corp Drone should not get the Charisma bonus. This would make sense to me and reflect the different flavours of these 2 backgrounds more realistically.

2. Private Eye. " You may not pick this module until you have completed a Tour of Duty, Law Enforcement, Covert Operations, Shadow Work, or Corporate module." I would suggest that the "Government Agent" module should have been included in this list as it makes no sense for it not to be included.

3. In the "Street Magic" module the choices "Street Mage" & "Street Shaman" are identical (yes one has city whilst the other has sprawl for their street knowledge but that's basically identical). If nothing else I would expect the Mage choice to have the sorcery skill group at +3 and the conjuring skill group at +2 whilst the shaman remains as printed. Overall this just feels more in line with the fluff/flavour of the 2 distinctions.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <07-09-15/0751:54> »
And 1 more.

The Law Enforecement Module does not require you take any form of Negative Quality SIN whilst the Private Eye does. This really doesn't make sense as it suggests that the individual actually employed to protect you (the reality of this is not up for question here) does not require any records to be kept on thwm or pay any taxes whilst the person you go to and hire as an individual does.

Personally I would expect there to be at least the negative quality SINner(5): National but would more realistically require it to be SINner(15) Limited Corporate SIN as almost all basic law enforcement is now provided by a corporation of some description.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #72 on: <07-09-15/1334:29> »
If a character becomes Infected during play, do the Infected Positive Qualities cost double?

e.g. Taking Vampire at creation costs 27 karma.  If a character is infected in play is that now 54 karma?
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #73 on: <07-09-15/1941:58> »
And 1 more.

The Law Enforecement Module does not require you take any form of Negative Quality SIN whilst the Private Eye does. This really doesn't make sense as it suggests that the individual actually employed to protect you (the reality of this is not up for question here) does not require any records to be kept on thwm or pay any taxes whilst the person you go to and hire as an individual does.

Personally I would expect there to be at least the negative quality SINner(5): National but would more realistically require it to be SINner(15) Limited Corporate SIN as almost all basic law enforcement is now provided by a corporation of some description.

While most corporate based law enforcement in North America is either Lone Star or Knight Errant, two AA Corps and so therefore having extraterritoriality (which is what allows corporate citizenship), there will still be some places in the world that have police that aren't from AA or AAA Corps...  and in any event not every employee of a Corp needs to be a citizen of that corp.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Stoneglobe

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <07-10-15/0353:31> »
And 1 more.

While most corporate based law enforcement in North America is either Lone Star or Knight Errant, two AA Corps and so therefore having extraterritoriality (which is what allows corporate citizenship), there will still be some places in the world that have police that aren't from AA or AAA Corps...  and in any event not every employee of a Corp needs to be a citizen of that corp.

True, but as it stands the modules are only feasible for creating North American runners as there are no other nationalities and it still doesn't answer the base question as to why I can be employed in a law enforcement position without requiring a SIN (and therefore any records kept about me) but to be a private detective I need one.

To be employed you require a SIN, see the Day Job quality, so whether that's a Corporate citizenship SIN or a National citizenship SIN someone who worked in Law Enforcement requires a SIN. That is unless you are actually suggesting that all Law Enforcement officers are actually deniable assets and therefore, basically, Shadowrunners. Now that's a truly scary thought. ;D