NEWS

SR6 - Medkits

• 5 Replies

ZeroSum

• Omae
« on: <09-27-19/0612:54> »
Medkits in 6th Edition seem to have no reason for having a rating. Am I just missing something?

Quote from: 6th Edition CRB, Page 281
The medkit counts as Kit for Biotechtests. For rules on using a medkit, see p. 119.
Wireless bonus: The medkit provides a +1 dice pool modifer to healing tests.

At first I figured that maybe a higher rating medkit could hold more supplies, but it seems this too is not the case.
Quote from: 6th Edition CRB, Page 281
Medkit supplies need to be purchased after each use or extras can be purchased. Up to five sets of supplies can be stored in the medkit’s case; sets beyond that will need to be carried elsewhere.

First Aid just needs a kit, no mention of rating.
Quote from: 6th Edition CRB, page 119
To apply First Aid, a character needs the right tools for the job, in this case a frst aid kit. Any test made without a kit suffers a –2 dice pool modifer, and no Edge can be spent on the test.

And the medkit rules on the same page has no mention of the rating impacting anything either.

It looks to me like the rating in 5th acted as a limit, but with the removal of limits what purpose does the rating of medkits serve in 6th?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <09-27-19/0622:25> »
Yeah since they don't function autonomously anymore rating has no value.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <09-27-19/0626:24> »
There is no penalty for self healing with them too. So without some kind of automation help it seems rather odd to heal ... lets say a back injury on yourself :)

would have been cool if they would have wrote something like "The modern Medikits provide help by using a robotic arm that negates any penalties for self healing" ...

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-27-19/0630:42> »
Thanks, @Michael and @CigarSmoker. Thought I was just being slow there for a second.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-27-19/1221:43> »
There is a fix for this in the next round of errata  ... just don't remember the exact details
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-28-19/1135:49> »
There is a fix for this in the next round of errata  ... just don't remember the exact details
If it's anything like past editions, the one thing that is missing is the autonomous operation capability of medkits. Currently, someone has to be using the medkit and roll Biotech + Logic.