NEWS

Stepping Down as Missions Developer

• 9 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <06-22-15/1903:49> »
Effective July 1st, 2015 I will be stepping down as Shadowrun Missions Developer. Ray Rigel, the current head of the Shadowrun Demo Agent program, will be taking over. I will still be involved a bit in helping out with Missions, but Ray will be the guy handling things.

Unfortunately for the past two years I've had a number of health problems, and this has led to marked decrease in Missions productivity. I've struggled to try and compensate, but it just hasn't been working. I'm just not up to the task of managing the Missions line anymore.  For that I apologize.

I'm incredibly proud of what we've built Missions up to. There have been some fantastic folks who came before me, starting up the program and building it first as simply a fan-driven promotion, and then as a company supported one. And I expect great things from Ray moving forward.

But mostly I want to thank all of you for your support for Missions over the last 5 years that I've been involved, and for the years prior to that. You're the reason any of us are doing that, and I've been completely blown away by how much Missions has grown and gained in popularity over the last few years. Thank you all, it's meant the world to me.

- Steven "Bull" Ratkovich

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-22-15/1954:14> »
I am very sorry to hear you've struggled with your health. All I can say is thank you. For everything you've done with the Missions format, for being a voice of sanity on the forums, for being someone whose worked hard on a product I have loved for almost 20 years.

Thank you, and best of luck.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #2 on: <06-22-15/2203:15> »
havent known you for long but heard/saw good things. wish you all the best in the health fight! will miss you at Scotch Squad meetings!

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-22-15/2253:37> »
I'll still be around, and I'll definately still be around at the cons and for the Squad.  I'm just stepping down as Developer for Missions.  I'll still be freelancing on occasion, writing Missions, etc.

Seamstress Kitsune Gato

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-23-15/0120:01> »
Get better soon.

And the missions are fun!

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #5 on: <06-23-15/1116:48> »
Hope your health improves.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

halflingmage

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <07-01-15/0147:31> »
Feel better brother.  I am struggling with some things myself physically, I know how hard it can be, especially if you have a day job to keep up.  Both you personally and  the enduring character you have created in the Shadowrun universe are legend. 

biotech66

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-12-15/2159:03> »
Godspeed man!  Godspeed.  Sorry to see you go, but glad you'll still be around.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Mr. Eastwood

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <07-14-15/1038:25> »
Just wanted to say Thank You for all you have put into the Missions program.  Hope to see ya at GenCon soon.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-16-15/2052:59> »
Thanks guys.  I'll be at Gen Con demoing Crossfire most of the weekend.