NEWS

Rapidly shanking a chummer for stealing your last Long Haul.

• 4 Replies

Chalkarts

• Omae
  • I'm a Street Painter in South Georgia.
« on: <09-13-18/1922:59> »
Standing at the bar with a guy you used to call your friend. You put your long haul on the counter while you rummage through your coat for a nic stic.
When you look up, your long haul is gone.
This asshole just palmed your long haul.  You pull a knife
And pretend to be a sewing machine while you scream obscenities.

I want to make a melee character that dual wields daggers, knives, rapiers, something stabby, with a lot of attacks per round.

How best would I achieve perforating my opponent -nd making his holes numerous?

I want a cyberhand with a jackhammer attachment that I can put a blade on.
I paint the pavement.  It's what I do.  Check it out on Instagram, @Chalkarts

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-14-18/0044:29> »
p.90 Chrome Flesh:
Extreme cyber-implant weapon

And there is no D&D 3.5 mechanic for multiple attacks: You get one per combat phase, no matter how many hands you have.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #2 on: <09-14-18/0056:43> »
There are rules of dual wielding under Martial art and they are pretty good, they are in Run & Gun. I would stick to those, they aren't very complex and they offer some decent bonuses.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <09-14-18/0058:29> »
Okay, so we got Initiative Passes and Combat Turns. In an Initiative Pass, you are only allowed 1 offensive action. Melee also is Complex to begin with, so doesn't matter. You can take the Multiple Attacks action, but that involves splitting the dicepool. So there's 2 things you need to execute a lot of attacks.

1: High dicepool count, so the split doesn't hurt too much.
2: High initiative.

Now sure there's initiative-boosting powers and gear, but a cheaper way is Edge. Just grab whatever Intuition and Reaction boosts you can get (Mystic Adept with combat-stats and Quickening for Increase Attribute spells is the most solid way but requires at least 8 karma after chargen and 7 kept during, an alternative is Resources A, Attributes B, +2 very expensive Intuition, +3 Reaction ware), then spend Edge to roll 5 Initiative dice.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-14-18/0946:58> »
Remember that combat rules are an abstraction. If you shoot someone with an assault rifle on full auto, it's just one attack test and one damage resistance test no matter how many bullets are involved. Melee combat works much the same way. You attack with a blade, the target defends and soaks the damage. Depending on the result, the GM might say "Your knife traces a thin red line across his arm" (one box of damage) or "You drag him across the table and stab him repeatedly" (ten boxes of damage).