NEWS

Brackhaven / 2078 Seattle Election Timeline

• 1 Replies

Lewis Greywolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« on: <04-22-18/1717:20> »
Once again I find myself trying to figure out the cannon Seattle timeline. I know that this topic has been kicked around some already but I wanted to write something up and get a second opinion.

I’ll propose the following;
   April 2078 – Shadowrunners turn up a video implicating Emile Corrigan in Edmund Jefferies disappearance
   May 2078 – Oaks flips Corrigan, he turns his files over and agrees to testify against Brackhaven in a plea deal
   July 2078 – Brackhaven liquidates his assets and flees Seattle to avoid prosecution
   Sept 2078 – In response to the chaos the UCAS government (and Mega-Corps) postpone the 2078 governor’s election by 60-90 days
   Jan 2079 – Taul and Potter are the top two candidates and move to a run-off election
   May 2079 – Potter wins the run-off election

Here is what I’m basing this on –

1)   The Complete Trog has a Jackpoint date of 8-17-79 and page 91 talks about the “brand-new” governor, Corinne Potter, winning a run-off election against Nikola Taul. 3-4 months should be about the limit of “brand-new” and another 3-4 months as the outside time for a run-off election.

2)   Cutting Aces doesn’t have a Jackpoint date but 62 years after release is December 2078. Page 24 starts about the “first special election outside of the normal election cycle” set up to replace Brackhaven. (BTW, the normal election for Seattle governor should have been in November 2078.) Page 25 also notes that the DA was handed “the ultimate informant” by some Shadowrunners.

3)   The Book of the Lost page 45 has a transcript dated Sept 1st, 2078 noting that “Brackhaven didn’t leave Seattle peacefully” so he was out before that date.

4)   Tangled Threads (Seattle Box Set) doesn’t have a Jackpoint date either but 62 years after release on this one is April 2078 (and page 22 has Corrigan's assistant note that "it's an election year"). Page 20 “Seattle Plots” has some runners stumble across a dated video of Edmund Jefferies and Emile Corrigan together the day after Jefferies officially disappeared. The aftermath on page 25 (and the info from Cutting Aces Page 25) leads me to conclude that the video allowed Oaks to turn Corrigan on Brackhaven and give up the dirt on him (the "insurance" data outlined in Splintered States). Brackhaven resigns (runs?) and throws Seattle into a “Half year of turmoil”.

On a side note, Splintered State is dated about 3 years earlier than Tangled Threads (Dietrich’s last dated entry is 2/27/75) so the only way the later events of Tangled Threads can happen is if the two halves of Dietrich’s file never get put together. This is the only outcome that would keep Brackhaven in office for three more years with Emile Corrigan still working for the governor, alive and able to testify.

« Last Edit: <04-23-18/0542:32> by worldeater888 »
Louis "Graywolf" Ray
Freelancer
SRM Missions Writer
Catalyst Demo Team

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-29-18/1329:32> »
My friend, that is meticulously researched, so i'm not sure you're going to get any better info here :)
The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall