NEWS

Taco Temple - Any theories?

• 8 Replies

brasso

• Omae
« on: <03-25-18/1627:28> »
Just reading Book of the Lost, and I'm wondering if it's a Bee Insect hive spreading around, in the same way as the Universal Brotherhood did. My reason being that on the 6(?) cups, there is a bee on the cup, and it's not mentioned anywhere. It also just seems to fit. Not sure why tacos though!
The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-25-18/1634:05> »
I had JUST noticed this about an hour ago and was wonderig the same thing.  It IS a bee, not a drone like on the Hermit card.  Maybe insect honey is going into those Really Big Drinks?  I definitely want to make use of TT in my upcoming game.

I am about to start a pet project researching these cards, and imma pay real close attention to amything with taco temple on it.

I think it's also worth noting that two TT cards also feature other major revuring images.  The Knight of Blades has that red pommelled katana, and the ammo box is on the Six of Coins.

EDIT:  I just found the same bee on the woman's ourse on the Six of Blades.
« Last Edit: <03-25-18/1643:59> by Lorebane24 »
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-25-18/1714:30> »
Alright, this is exciting to me.  The Taco Temple logo appears on at least one of the major arcana - this is not mentioned in the book.  On The Shadows, you can find it displaued on a tower in the top ledt corner of the screen.  Note that this card also features a shadowy figure perched above thw Dark Side establishment, with a sheathed sword on their back.  Could tie into the girl(s) on the other cards.  I'm starting to wonder if taco temple is taking in kids amd training them (maybe willing, maybe not) as street samurai or assassins.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <03-25-18/1759:54> »
The book of the Lost does mention hints about the chain being benevolent towards downtrodden children. Whether that includes full on adoption and training is very unclear
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-25-18/2007:30> »
I spent some more time going over the cards and looking for hidden objects and I found a fun trio.  I mentioned that the bee appears on the woman's purse on the Six of Blades, which seems to connect it to the Six of Cups.  The Six of Blades also features three paper cranes, including a complete blue off to the left.  That same blue crane appears next to the anguished woman on the Nine of Blades.  Looking at the three of them closer, I'm pretty sure it's the same woman on both of the blades cards, and I think the central youth on the Six of Cups could be the small child from the Six of Blades, just grown a few years.  In addition to being linked via the bee and the crane, between the three of them there is also a commonality of sixes, blades, and cups (basically, using the Six of Blades as a starting card, because it has both images, one of the other cards shifts one suit, while the other changes its number).

So did Taco Temple nab the girl?  Rescue her?  The woman certainly seems distraught at her loss.  However, Taco Temple, as PiXeL mentioned, is generally depicted as a benefactor.  On several of its cards, (the Shadows, the Knight of Blades, the Seven of Blades) a figure appears who armed with a sword (which BotL associates with discipline and skill).  A violent explosion occurs on the Knight of Cups.  So while Taco Temple serves as a benefactor, it is just as often seen mixed up in danger and conflict.

Taco Temple cards have a LOT of kids in them, but BotL has several paragraphs that explains them as a metaphor for the Sixth World in its youth.  In this sense, Taco Temple seems to be removing the "children" of the Sixth World from the reach of either their "parents" or their oppressors - I think the megacorps are an obvious tie-in here.  However, these same children become in conflict against the corps, which Taco Temple supports and perhaps even facilitates.  I think the most significant note to tie all of this together is TT's appearance on The Shadows.

So currently, I still can't speak to what's ultimately behind Taco Temple, but I suspect it's ultimately a vehicle through which people will fight against corporate control - basically, it's there to support shadowrunners in a struggle against something big.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #5 on: <03-26-18/0123:47> »
If you have mnt already you should read the story compilation inspired or connected to the deck, called Drawing Destiny. Some of the stories are spot on while others are a bit ... off
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-26-18/0615:18> »
Another thing I noticed is "his wife's gold" which could be a reference to Royal Jelly. Royal Jelly gold is the best type of RJ, and it's only for the Queen, his wife. Just a thought.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #7 on: <03-26-18/0630:43> »
So I do think the book of the lost and Tarot is pretty cool.

For me the question is what is the TT? My first reaction is the unseelie court.

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <03-27-18/1748:30> »
The perils of posting half way through a book! Seems my guesses were more than half right (p. 89), but not to do with TT

So now I'm wondering about the kidnapped/ raised children theory and rereading everyone's posts...