NEWS

Any info on Nightmare?

• 6 Replies

Lorebane24

• Omae
« on: <03-02-18/2052:22> »
Saw the new leader of the Halloweeners mentioned in the Seattle box set, and I'm going to be using the Halloweeners as the antagonists of my party's first run, and thought be it might be fun if he makes an appearance, but can't find any other info him/her.  Otherwise I'll probably make them a black magician.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-02-18/2219:05> »
I'm curious about this as well, I've asked on the boards before, but no info. Just what is in the Seattle Box Set...implied that they may be magically capable. I have some theories, but they should probably be discussed in the Gamemasters' Lounge...  ;)
It may just be a plot hook until more is determined - in that case build your own Nightmare!  ;D

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #2 on: <03-04-18/0107:39> »
As best as I can find across the usual suspects, Nightmare, is at-least a decently powerful Initiate, backed up by a phys-ad, and may or may not have some kind awakend Doc hanging around with him. The latest and greatest info i can find suggests him making time with the Dragon Urubia in something called the Fun house. I leave that to your imagination.

In-terms of background all we really know is he survived full up street war with the Ancients (which suggests he ether really sneaky or an above average BA), and then reportedly took out all comers to take over the gang, reorganized it, and is clearly up to no good re-build it, expanding the organization, and reportedly making progress is founding other city chapters.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-04-18/0152:05> »
Thanks for the tips, then.  I guess I'll stat him up as a mage, then.  Right now I'm imagining him as the campaign's "disc one final boss."  I want to go for the angle that in the grand scheme of things, the Halloweeners aren't that dangerous, but Nightmare is.

EDIT:  New idea.  Nightmare is a chromed up beast, but he's also got a brain, and, more than that, he is aware.  His magic is only 1, but he can perceive, and he knows how to make that an edge.  He wants more, though, and believes that if he can get his hands on some tarot cards, he will be able to find a way to actually cast spells.
« Last Edit: <03-04-18/2041:44> by Lorebane24 »

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #4 on: <03-05-18/1525:32> »
Ah yes, the Darth Vader build. Very scary indeed.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <03-05-18/1553:50> »
Your game your build.
I think powerful initiate can be way scarier then some cyber-ed up burnout.  But each to their own.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-05-18/1826:02> »
I tend to agree with you, actually, but I am also looking down the road and I foresee myself having a lot of mage antagonists (especially because one PC is a vampire and I'll need some magic damage to threaten her regeneration) in the campaign, so I figure I should start them out on something different so they don't immediately start feeling like "we only ever fight mages."