NEWS

X.ware/tech for crittersapient & shapeshifter

• 1 Replies

hemgath

• Newb
« on: <02-01-11/1251:56> »
Some little rules ask on this particular race from RC...

1/ What about Shapeshifter for geneware and nanoware…
is that possible ? if yes, that work only to theyr’s primal form or for both of them ?
IMHO it works in the both form because like for the Critter Sapient, all replacement limbs and organs certainly must be cultured from the character’s own cells. So it’s completely natural…

2/ Nanotech count for cyber essence lost… But can we consider it like exact cyber or it’s just for the countdown?
My question is about Critter sapient who can accept Nanoware, cant they accept nanotech ?
And what about genetech instead of geneware ?
IMHO, when i read Augmentation, Nanotech and genetech are global familly… so nano&gene/tech and nano&gene/ware work on metasapient.

Dahrken

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-01-11/1430:37> »
In a shifter, nanoware is likely to work only in the form it's injected into (for transient nanosystems) or the one with the (delta-grade) nanohive.

While geneware may work, remember that genetically you are an animal, even in human form. Genetic alteration would have to be made on the animal genome (without damaging the metagenes that grants you your abilities), and I'm not sure those would tranfer to your magical metahuman form.

There is one additionnal hurdle shared with other sapients critters : while theorically possible I'm not sure the market is wide enough to have the technology adapted to the specific genome/physiology.

Simple nanites like oxy-rush would work fine in most recipients, as their interaction with the host's metabolism is extremely limited.