NEWS

Into the Breach Crossfire event

• 4 Replies

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« on: <11-13-14/2311:59> »
The card "Into the Breach" read : "At the start of each turn, if the current runner's Starting Hit Point value is 7HP or more, they take 1 damage and deal 1 level of damage to an obstacle".

Given the current situation: My troll has 8HP as starting points, but her current HP is 1 actually. Does that means she goes staggered immediately and then goes critical when her obstacles damage her later in her turn?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <11-13-14/2317:41> »
Good question - the answer I'd say is "yes."  Which sucks for her.  :(
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <11-14-14/0130:54> »

Yeah, I think the same thing... Thank you for your input. :)

Darn, that new mission "Ork Underground" is destroying my team so easily... and every time the crossfire deck gives me the perfect card to crush my hopes lol. Oh well, variance is balancing out I guess, it will go smoother next gaming session.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-14-14/1201:22> »

Yeah, I think the same thing... Thank you for your input. :)

Darn, that new mission "Ork Underground" is destroying my team so easily... and every time the crossfire deck gives me the perfect card to crush my hopes lol. Oh well, variance is balancing out I guess, it will go smoother next gaming session.

i cant tell you how many times I've had defeat pulled from the jaws of victory with a poorly timed crossfire card...
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <11-15-14/1154:13> »
i cant tell you how many times I've had defeat pulled from the jaws of victory with a poorly timed crossfire card...

Loved the image!  ;D

To be fair, I have to say that many sessions went smoothly. I suppose things even out in the long run (as with anything involving luck), but a long streak of bad draws in this game can be soul-crushing.