NEWS

Recruiting: In the Absence of Light, Darkness Prevails

• 81 Replies

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« on: <03-12-11/2040:03> »
Looking for interest in a game that is heavily into the paranormal of the SR world. That does not mean mundanes are left out. As a mundane I'd consider the Astral Sight quality, but its not needed.

Looking for interest at the moment, so, no need to complete a character only the concept at this point. This will also not be first come basis, but on strength of concept.

Additional information:

It will begin 72 hours before change of Lonestar to Knight Errant as police service provider.
Cops, or former are welcome, but it doesnt give you any greater insight into 'certain' things.
Mundanes should not be overlooked, they are vital to any team, especially some of the specialized ones.
There will be 'ways' to kill things normally immune to normal weapons, but it's harder than using magic (or adept powers).
Infected are allowed, but the concept will be screened heavily by me.
This will be a thinking man's game at times.
You will have a supporting organization, but that doesnt mean you should not be self-sufficent.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #1 on: <03-13-11/0524:17> »
Definitely sounds very interesting. If the pace of the running games I'm in stays the same, I'll be presenting a character.
What city/region? Normal 400BP? (I'm not one who can just write up concepts... it's always a combination of ideas and numbers.)
I'm thinking along the lines of the SR4A Occult Investigator.
Cop turned P.I. turned 'runner's contact turned 'runner by pulling and doing favors in a chain of events out of his control, but which sucked him deeper and deeper into the shadows.
Adept, Mage or in between, not certain... Probably full mage, though not a powerful one: I just can't stand having to spend 10BP (1 magic point) to see astral with a (mystical)adept, while mundanes only spend 5BP on it.
« Last Edit: <03-13-11/0628:34> by Xzylvador »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-13-11/0530:01> »
Adept Tank, Adept Speed, not sure yet,probably no killing hands so will be using either a weapon foci or "mundane" tactics

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #3 on: <03-13-11/0641:18> »
Im in. Youve wrote infected are OK. so ...what about free spirits? Id like to try that. Otherwise Id like to play mage specialized on astral world...PM me about that free spirit and Ill start to create character...

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-13-11/1215:12> »
To answer the first questions posed, it will be 400 BP with around 20 to 25 karma to support a character that's been around. It will mainly be Seattle, but there is the option for me to have you leave the city.

As to the Free Spirit, I'll require a very very detailed background, and a copy of your Spirit Formula is being held by the organization. Oh and you'll leave at the HQ...at your expense though.

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-13-11/1336:30> »
I've got a couple idea's bouncing around. Any info you'd like to share on the organization running this show would help me decide who to propose.

mdp

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <03-13-11/1627:13> »
Intrested to play
will post later on with a concept
« Last Edit: <03-13-11/1701:53> by mdp »

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-13-11/1659:01> »
I've got a couple idea's bouncing around. Any info you'd like to share on the organization running this show would help me decide who to propose.

It's a secret organization.....only the deepest, and oldest conspiracy theories (now antiquated due to the awakening) mention it.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #8 on: <03-13-11/1837:58> »
Heh, sounds exactly the kind of thing the beat cop being sucked in deeper and deeper, would be sucked into.
"I hit rock bottom... first good thing to happen this year: things couldn't get any worse."
And then a little door opens to what lies below rock bottom.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #9 on: <03-13-11/2314:42> »
So, my idea of Mike Irwin: Ghost Puncher might not be appropriate? 
He'd have his own trid show where he goes to exotic locales, finds powerful spirits and then punches them into oblivion.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-14-11/0002:46> »
He'd have his own trid show where he goes to exotic locales, finds powerful spirits and then punches them into oblivion.

Does he have an Austrailian accent and sentient sidekick Tugboat?

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-14-11/0020:30> »

Does he have an Austrailian accent and sentient sidekick Tugboat?
Damn You!! Now the theme for that is in my head.
In revenge I propose a Valley Girl Lesbian Elf Stripper Ninja Vampire as a character.
Named Bubbles.

I know Elves can't be vamps, she's a poser. The elf part that is.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <03-14-11/1646:30> »
Hey, I'm new to the forum (but not new to Shadowrun) and I'm interested in joining this game.  I've made some time ago an ex-merc mage which I would like to play here.  She's not a combat mage only (she has only 2 combat spells as I have made her at this moment).  The basic concept is an Egyptian woman who awakened and fled to a merc company as they don't like awakened women in Egypt and she has been in most of the hellholes of the 6th world (Yucatan, Lagos, Bogota, Chicago).  At one point she was head of the scouts of the battallion, so she knows stealth.

If accepted, I'll send a full character sheet (400BP, all books).  Details can be changed a bit to fit the campaign of course.  One question: what will be the approximate posting rate?
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #13 on: <03-14-11/1649:38> »
I might be interested, but only if you won't have enough people. I'm in three games already, so it wouldn't be fair to hog another spot.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <03-14-11/2243:33> »
There will be 'ways' to kill things normally immune to normal weapons, but it's harder than using magic (or adept powers).

I've been wanting to play a hacker or rigger type of character.  Aside from the proper application of high explosives what other ways do mundains have in this campaign of killing spirits?