NEWS

Urban Brawl -- 3rd Scenario (finished)

• 119 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #105 on: <04-09-11/0529:28> »
@Everyone:

With all your efforts combined, Stryker scouting the astral and Zach directing the teams progress, you manage to make it to the safe house in the ork underground without arousing suspicion from KE.  Rush greets you guys and shows you a little out of the way room where you can put the corpse and Razor girl who has been unconscious this whole time.  He takes Brick aside for a moment "Hey listen man, it's good to see you but this whole thing you're droppin on me is a little hot and we're gonna have to call it at 50¥/hr if you wanna stay here....we cool omae?"

The time is 4:30 AM

[OOC: KE cop perception: Int 3 + Perc 2 = (5d6.hits(5)=3).  You make it to safehouse unnoticed.]

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #106 on: <04-09-11/0549:37> »
Or`Zet:You have any Vodka around here? I think I need a shot
Zach removes his googles and respirator for the first time at whole evening, clean his throat and spit out the large grume..
Bah, that was bloody fucking party tonight! You know, next time Larry would ask me to do some quiet job, Im taking a rocket launcher or some fucking sovietskij tank! Brick, you told something about the doctor before? I may use someone who will pull out all those shrapnels from my body...
« Last Edit: <04-09-11/0551:20> by Sichr »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #107 on: <04-09-11/0549:56> »
Stryker nodded to the guy, and sighed.
"It's okay. I'm paying this out of my own share..."
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #108 on: <04-09-11/0632:55> »
@Zach:

Rush let's you know that that brick is most definitely a block of Bliss.  He says he'll buy it off of you for 400¥. 

As the adrenalin starts to wear off you all of a sudden feel a lot weaker than you thought you were.  Rush procures you some vodka and you have a few shots to take off the edge.  After only about 15 minutes though waves of nausea come and you have to vomit several times.   You hope you'll be able to find a street doc, preferably a chop-shop, sometime soon.
« Last Edit: <04-10-11/0231:18> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #109 on: <04-09-11/0649:09> »
Brick grins at Rush"We're great Oma'e, though they might not look it. Give us 4 hours and we'll be out of your tusks. I need to borrow some cuffs though. Hell, depending on if you're in the need for some specific things we might have some business yet to do. If you're interested when you've got a chance, get back to me." Brick passes Rush 200 creds and shakes his hand. The sting of the bullets from that street samurai remind brick that he's got a lot yet to do before sun up. He steps out of the room where stryker and zach are to make some calls 1st one is to amazing larry to give him an update on the run letting him know the package was stored for now and that he'd call back later. Next call the street doc's office. He leaves a message with his name and a call back number for the number he was called on at the warehouse. He waits a minute and then calls Anita's secure line to check on his little girl.

"Hey, How's my favorite father figure?"
"Worse for wear, but standing tall. How's she doing?"
"She's good, been sleeping since eleven. How are things?"
"Settled, things went sideways fast, but we recovered. We're out of the woods for now, but there's plenty yet I have to do... Something's bothering me though."
"Like what? Not much phases you these days."
"I'll get back at you with the details. For now keep your RSW nearby and do a double check on your sec network. once that's all done, I have some business for you. A few specialty items that could use a new home." Brick shoots Anita a quick list of the salvageable cyberware from the street sam and along with the weapon foci."also, do you have an contacts in tamanous? I might have something they'd be interested in."
"About the business I'll see what I can do. But I want a full explanation later."
"You'll get it. Call me when there's forward movement."

Brick hangs up and walks back inside to see Zach Puking. (in Orz'et) hang on brother.... I called the doc. As soon as we can get in we'll get you both some help. Brick drops his backpack and pulls out his med kit to see if he can at least tell the doctor what to expect and see if he can help.(10d6.hits(5)=3)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #110 on: <04-09-11/0704:00> »
Stryker just found himself a place to sleep, after they finished securing their 'package'. He dropped the spell, and just fell asleep...

[I'm taking a rest to recover some stun boxes.]
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #111 on: <04-11-11/1238:41> »
The AR icon of an elven female in a doctors coat, the familiar persona of Doc Watson, appears and begins analyzing the feeds from you medkit hooked up to Zach.  "Ok, i'm seeing really low ketone levels in his bloodstream which makes it pretty obvious that if this guy took a boatload of shrapnel to the torso, the magical healing must have not been enough to fix some internal organs, only the tissue around them.  Looks like you've got acute liver failure my friend and you're gonna need a new one asap.....and you gave him vodka?  Bad idea.  Well, I'm gonna need to procure a blood type O liver and as long as he's got a solid fake on him I could get the liver and replace it for 6000.  If his SIN is tagged though i'm gonna have to go through costlier channels and it's gonna run you 6500.  He's in pretty bad shape though, any complications during the surgery could even kill him...and I could probably stabilize him, but it would cost you.  For another 1000/day I can take care of him for a day or two and then he'd be strong enough for surgery.  I'm cutting you a deal here....i'd take it."

[OOC: So Zach isn't gonna be able to make a healing test without a doctors supervision (we'll consider Stun healed after some sleep though).  Surgery damage is 5P that he has to resist with Body.  If you go back into overflow damage, then it's gonna cost you another 5000¥ to have surgeon stabilize him on operating table (you couldn't do it yourself cuz he's cut open).  For 1000/day though, the doc makes Medicine + Logic test and adds hits to DP for healing that day.  Once you feel he's ready for surgery, then pay up the 6500 cuz Zach has a Criminal SIN and resist 5P.  Like I said, it's 5000 if he ever goes into overflow.  They'll make a stabilize test regardless but they won't release Zach until you pay up.

So w.r.t. loot,  you can sell all the loot for 30% of the list price for it, that includes cyberware which is standard grade and you don't include any customizations...and 40% of the weapon focus price that is listed.  The block of Bliss sells for 400.  For simplicity will say that each weapon has two clips of ammo for it.   So total it up and post it in OOC and then you can have your chars talk IC about how you want to divide revenue and costs or metagame it in OOC if you want.]

@Stryker:

Every little cubic centimeter of your body is aching so bad you can't really tell if any one spot is worse off than another spot.  Eventually you pass out, your mind taking flight off into the land of the eternal ones.

[OOC:  We'll say that when you wake up your Stun damage is healed.  I forgot to have you roll for heavy damage cuz you took 8P in one blow.  Roll an Edge (1) test.  If you fail then you have a severed tendon in your leg.  If you don't want to get medical attention for it, you have a limp which cuts your movement rate in half.  If you use a cane i'll say your walking movement rate becomes normal and your running rate is 20m/CT.  Medical attention for it is gonna cost 2000¥. ]

@Brick:

Amazing Larry tells you that word has already gotten out in the news about the completely destroyed fifth floor of Razor's apartment building and her abduction.  So far KE's got no leads as to who the assailants are.  You quickly shoot up an AR screen with the Horizon news feed.  <<HNN: Breaking News -- we are here with Visteon's newly appointed regional manager, Henry Keeler, the father of 24 year old Rebecca "Becky" Keeler.  "We aren't sleeping until our dear Becky is safely back with us.  This is an act of terrorism against an Ares citizen and will be handled in such a matter.">>  

Amazing Larry chuckles a little bit, "Nice job, if you can unload her in a few hours then there shouldn't be a problem.  But don't dilly dally cuz this whole thing just heated up.  The plus side which's got me happy is that there's already a few other loud mouths around Seattle that have already taken down their blogs just based on what's in the news.  Finish the job and spook the be-jesus out of 'em and they'll definitely all close up shop.  That's why I hired you Brick, to make a statement....but remember if you slip up, I can't help you out, you decided to go solo the moment you pulled out the boom stick."
« Last Edit: <04-11-11/1317:56> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <04-11-11/1407:46> »
Once on the table:

Resisting surgical operation damage(5P)means: (4d6.hits(5)=2)

So Im going to get 1 box overflow during the operation. Means +5K

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #113 on: <04-11-11/1424:08> »
@Zach:

You tell Brick that you're strong enough and you want to just get it over with.  Doc Watson looks a little concerned but shoots you his gps coordinates anyways.  Brick drives you over and you have a plastic bag with you to puke in the whole ride.  The person who identifies himself or herself as Doc Watson is dressed like a typical street doc but has a mask with goggles, a respirator and some kind of voice modulator that makes it so that you can't even tell whether the doc is male or female.  The doc's assistants knock you out and the last thing you remember is them telling you to count backward from ten and you don't even make it to seven before you black out.

[OOC: guess you were feeling kinda a lucky and just wanted to get that new liver :)]

@Brick:

You've been waiting and waiting in the lobby, the whole time making phone calls trying to unload gear until you decide to just let Anita handle it.  The doc finally comes out to see you after about 4 hours and leans against the doorway looking rather exhausted.  In a robotic voice the the masked doc tells you, "I tried to tell you that he was too weak to go for the surgery right away...a little rest with me and he would have been ready...but anyways, we opened him up and the magically fused tissue which was stopping the bleeding just came all un-done, so I had to patch it all back up by hand.  Well the good news is that the ork's stable.  Bad news is he's gonna have to stay here until he's strong enough to go.  I'll cut you a deal since we've worked together before....and don't remind me about that night, hope you found that sick bastard who stuffed that little angel with C4....but i'll let him stay here for free until he's good enough to go.  You only owe me for the organ, the surgery and then for saving his life since he was too weak to go in.  That comes out to 11500¥ that the Russian owes me.....or somebody owes me."

[OOC: we'll also say that so far you've been on the clock with Rush for 5 hours, so that's 250¥ so far.  You can also raise Doc Watson's loyalty rating up one point for just you since he/she's taken more of a liking to you.  Also, since i'm sticking you with the costs of a normal full blown shadowrun, i'll let you negotiate with Amazing Larry when he finally pays you at the end since you didn't really have a chance to negotiate with him about anything.]
« Last Edit: <04-11-11/1441:26> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #114 on: <04-11-11/1607:30> »
Brick stands up, "Doc I don't know much more to say than thanks. I'll make this up to you, I promise you that. But it'll be a day at least. I'll be back for my boys later. When everything here is said and done you'll see I do what I can to repay my favors. Also I'm gonna need our boy here taken care of, *Whispering* Just pull the shrapnel out and sedate him for the day he's had enough to worry about. Don't worry you'll get your standard fee." Brick offers His hand for shake before walking out of the office, on to call Anita and see about the last of the day's business.

*edited: to include care for stryker*
« Last Edit: <04-11-11/1919:40> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #115 on: <04-13-11/1137:26> »
@Zach&Stryker:

You wake up the next day and the first thing you see is a beautiful female face smiling at you as you come to.  Her deep-blue skin and golden catlike eyes surprise you at first but then you realize she merely has typical SURGE genetic expressions, or more colloquially, Changeling characteristics.  Her black hair is pulled back and she's wearing a pair of scrubs and as soon as there is a beep at the room door, she turns around and greets the doctor who is pulling down the curious mask you've seen before as he or she enters. 

"Thanks a lot Neena, good morning fellas!"  The greeting comes across rather awkward through the voice modulator.  "Boy, did you fellas give me a lot of work.  I had to personally go in and carefully pull out all that buckshot from your backsides.  I counted 82 pieces of shrapnel between the two of you. Couldn't even have the drone do it because your awakened tissue structure was confusing the hell out of it."  He pulls out two glass jars and jiggles them around and you hear the klinking of little pieces of metal.  "Here's a souvenir for the both of ya."  He looks towards Zach and pulls out a sealed plastic bag with a bloody organ inside it.  "The blood from the surgery is too old to astrally track you, but the organ isn't, so it's my standard policy in the interest of full transparency to give this to you so it doesn't get into the wrong hands and you don't blame me if tomorrow you suddenly find yourself enveloped in a glorious ball of flame if you know what i'm saying."  He wheels his little stool over closer to your beds.  "Your friend Brick told me to keep you guys on ice until he returned so just sit tight and if there's anything you need just buzz and Neena or myself will be right here watching over ya."

You're too weak to react as he pulls out an Ares Predator IV from inside his white doctors coat and cocks it.  "See this baby right here, well she'll also be watching over your sleep....I don't know, some runners have told me they can't sleep easy unless they know i'm packing some heat, so don't sweat it, get some rest." With that he puts the Predator away, gets up and leaves the room. 

[OOC:  Zach's healing: Doc Watson: Logic 5 + Medicine 5 + Awakened -2 = (8d6.hits(5)=1).  I'll put in + 3 for having assistants assistants (3d6.hits(5)=1).  That gives you +2 to healing test.  Zach's Healing test: Body 4 + Body 4 + Medicine 2 = (10d6.hits(5)=3).  So that should bring you back to 8P and you've woken up.]

[OOC: Stryker's healing: Doc Watson: Logic 5 + Medicine 5 + awakened -2= (8d6.hits(5)=3), oops forgot assistants again, assistants = (3d6.hits(5)=0)Stryker's healing: body 3 + body 3 + medicine 3 = (9d6.hits(5)=1).  So you get 1P healed.  ] 

@Brick:

Anita rings you up.  "Hey big guy, I got a great price for you.  Even though some of that Sammy's parts were fragged, I still got a decent price and I've already got the cred...I know I rock!  So for all the stuff you unloaded to me, and after taking my cut, I got 16550¥ coming your way.  Ok, I gotta go drop off your little one at school!  Gotta run!" 
« Last Edit: <04-13-11/1144:39> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <04-13-11/1312:45> »
I`ve died and woke up in the heaven. where else should beautifull Cat takes care of her followers!

[OOC: LOL. When you realizes my Mentor spirit... LOL I wish I could spend more time here.]

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #117 on: <04-13-11/1437:36> »
"Thank you, Doctor. I consider myself indebted. Most people of your profession wouldn't care about Awakened body wholeness..."
He stays on the bed, trying not to move too much. And he's not hiding the fact that he finds the catgirl a rather pleasant sight. He's not blushing, or doing any of the usual teenager stuff. He instead does a quick mental check on the events he remembers, and satisfied with the results he just leans back, resting.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #118 on: <04-13-11/1809:19> »
"Thanks Anita, always a pleasure." As she hangs up he calls Rush. ""Hey, I've got a job for you if you want it, I've got a commlink that needs a wipe and credstick that could use cracking. on top of that, I need some privacy to take care couple of things and I could use to borrow some tools and a need a new safe house to do it. I don't want to bring anything down on your head." "Yeah brother, I'll take that work for you. it's gonna be extra for the tools and the safe house though. Head to into Bellevue there's a place near Phantom lake you can use. I'll meet you there and we'll do it all at the same time. " "I'll see you there." Brick sends a list of the tools he'll need. Then gets into the van, check's Rebecca's level of awareness then shocks her again for good measure before driving away.

The drive into Bellevue takes 25 minutes before arriving at the safe house. Brick pulls inside the garage to be greeted by rush. "Hey man you're all set up in the next room. Everything you asked for is inside." Rush lead's Brick to the adjoining room. A single light  hangs from the ceiling that illuminates the scene, a Camera faces the far wall pointed at metal chair. Nearby is a table with 4 sets of metal restraints, an extension cord, a hammer, a lot of plastic wrap, a blanket and 7 gallons of water. "Thanks for the the help on this one brother." Brick hands over the cred stick and the commlink "The cred stick needs cracking, and this commlink needs to be a factory wipe. You guys don't want to see what's about to go down in here.... in fact, nothing at all is happening here besides a few friends meeting up. I'll see you gents after, and I'll the first round will be on me." Brick shakes the hands of Rush and his guys before they all walk out of the room. When Rush and crew are out of sight Brick pulls Rebecca's limp body out of the van and shackles her to the chair stuffs a gag in her mouth. Then goes back to door and shuts it, turns the camera on, pulls gloves on and the mask over his head.

Brick making sure his face is covered and everything set, picks up the water and starts pouring it on Rebecca's face. She wakes up sputtering and coughing, Brick grabs her face with his gloved hand keeping her mouth open and continues pouring till half the water is gone. Brick sets the jug of water down, and slaps her across the face, Then gives it all a second to sink in.
Her sobs are audible from across the room. Brick grabs the extension cord from the table, loops it twice, lines up over her legs and Swings till blood spots start growing over her clothing. Brick takes a break to let the pain ride out and her sobs a screams for the camera before he starts again on her shins. (OOC: This plays out for about ten minutes Brick takes his time letting her feel what it's like to play in pool where she's out of her depth and what happens when you fuck with people you know nothing about.) Brick gathers the cable back up and sets it on the table. He pulls his karmbit out and cuts away her clothes and pulls them away before dumping the rest of the water over her. puts the knife away and grabs the the table pulling just a corner close enough to bring her hand up on it. He brings her left hand up to the table and secures it to the leg. He then proceeds to break each of her fingers joint by joint. slowly. He goes hand by hand then moves to feet just playing it out for the camera. Once it's all done he breaks her elbows and knees. slapping her awake when she passes out and using the med kit from the street sam to keep her from dying before he's ready for her to be done, only leaving out the pain killers. when it's all over brick whispers in her ears, "You're probably thinking that this shouldn't be happening to you, that this only happens to other people. you shouldn't fuck with people you don't know Rebecca, these shadows aren't the place for you to find your big scoops. Especially when you think your actions will go unanswered. But this is what you wanted. To be part of the darkness. I hope you enjoyed your stay... " Rebecca's whimpers, sound as ragged and pathetic as those of a wounded animal, her eyes pleading, as Brick bows her head to the floor and in a sudden but fluid motion sticks his Karambit in to her brain stem and Twists ending her life.

Brick walks back into the darkness circles the room and shuts off the camera. He pockets the data chip and Cleans up. Then wraps Rebecca's body in the plastic wrap and the blanket and moves her back to the van. As Brick shuts the van door Rush comes in with the credstick and the commlink. "here's your stuff. I'll catch up with you in a day or two for that beer and the payment. See you then." "Thanks again Rush. I'll see you then." Brick gets in the van and starts his drive.  He reads the attached file from his last message from Anita that has the instructions for the drop.

It takes another 10 minutes to get to Eat and sleep coffin motel. As Brick walks through the door the ork behind the desk doesn't look up as he hands he a card for unit G17. Brick brings the van around back and parks it, the closed in parking lot offering all the concealment he needs to move the body from the back to the unit inside. Once she's stashed, Brick walks back to the front desk and without a word lays the card on the desk. The ork keeps his eyes glued to the screen as he takes the card back. Brick makes his way back to the van and Starts to drive toward Auburn. He sends Larry a message. Found someone with that thing you wanted, but he wants to discuss the price a little bit seeing as how much it cost him, I know you were set on the price, but wait till you see what he's talking about before you say no, I think you'll be impressed. Hit me back in a few hours I can talk to him then. As Brick hangs up his thoughts wonder on his daughter, a quick meal, and the time to kill Before Larry calls back.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #119 on: <04-14-11/1526:52> »
@Brick:

On your way to Auburn right after you shot Amazing Larry the video feed, you receive a txt msg from an unknown number.

<<The package was in superb condition and with a big name attached to her as well.  We were planning on 4000¥ however your techniques allowed us to salvage more of the package than we expected to do what we want with.  Attached are an extra 500¥ as a token of our desire to do more work with you in the future>> 

The message indeed contains an attachment linked to an shadow escrow account which transfers 4500¥ to your shadowbank account.

Rush calls up a little later.  "Hey my man, it's your lucky day, I found a hacker house and these guys do really fast work.  They cracked the credstick, found 948¥ in it.  They take half and I'll just take 50¥ for gas.  That leaves you with 424¥ comin' at ya.  Let me know when ya wanna have those drinks."

[OOC:  Rush's Cha 4 + Conn 2 + underground 1= (7d6.hits(5)=4).  Nice he found a hacker house!]

You hang up and keep on driving.  You been focusing so much on patching up the team and taking care of loose ends you been ignoring the pain in your ribs from the bullets your medkit had to pull out.  Parking the van outside your place you make your way up the steps to your apartment which is in grimey 4 story building upstairs from a chinese restaurant.  As soon as you get in the door you lock all the bolts and take the gear back to it's usual hiding spot in the closet.  Your little girl's at school and your a little worried to go pick her up cuz she can always tell when you're in pain.....even when you don't realize that you're in pain, she always knows somehow.  You gently lay down on your floor mattress cuz the chinese neighbors downstairs always throw a hissy fit when you accidentally make their cieling shake.  Once all the cred from this last job get's sorted out you dream of moving out....at least getting something on a ground floor.....or one of those Evo constructed pads like the ones they have in Bellevue and downtown that are made so that even big trolls can walk around in peace. 

Amazing Larry finally calls up.  "Wow B.....just wow.  As soon as I got the video I put it out on the proper channels and you should probably turn on the news in a little bit.  KE already got it and the Keeler's are gonna be making a statement soon.  You basically shut the whole blogosphere right the fuck up.  And as for your methods, B  would you believe me if I said I've got Mafia don's calling me up wanting to know who that beautiful performing artist is!  Looks like you get a few more talents in you other than just busting up buildings.  So anyways, scoped out your video feed of the run as well....got an ID on the team guarding the girl.  Street Sammy you geeked was named Ghoster, the adept the Russian decapitated went by the name Tempei, and a the crazy shaman you let go is known as Raven.  Looks like Keeler already tried to contact the surviving runner from the team he hired and Raven's nowhere to be found....a real professional that guy, I appreciate that. 

Well let me just commend you on a job well done.  I'm sending out the pay, which we said was 2K, i'm gonna throw in an extra 500¥ each for really doing a thorough job of getting all those snitches off my back." 
  He chuckles a little bit and continues..."Wow B, just wow.  I don't think bloggers are gonna be the only ones getting scared by this.  This should put the fear of god in all those corporate daddies out there with little club hopper girls who think they wanna a taste for the shadows.  Well that just means more work for us!  Alright B, i'm gonna let you go spend your cred and your definitely my goto guy when I need someone with a touch for handling the more messy types of situations."  He starts laughing and you hear him chuckling all the way until he hangs up. 

You lay back and stare at the cieling wondering why you don't feel bad at all about the job you just did.  You know deep down inside that you don't feel an ounce of remorse because at the end of the day it's not your fault.  It's people like the Keelers who's fault it is.  They created you and those like you who work the jobs you work.  They created this world you now live in and the rules by which it works.  You're just doing what you gotta do to stay afloat and protect what's important to you becuase you know they sure as hell won't do it for you. 

You get up from the bed and pull your gear out again.  You set the Panther out on the bedroom floor and bring out your cleaning kit and start meticulously going to work on it.  If only the world worked so perfectly as the beautiful machine that lies before you.  You decide you're gonna spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning all your guns until its time to put them away and pick up your little girl from school.
« Last Edit: <04-14-11/1530:17> by inca1980 »