NEWS

Urban Brawl -- 3rd Scenario (finished)

• 119 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« on: <03-08-11/1526:52> »
@Brick & Stryker:

Amazing Larry, your fixer, rings you up a few days after the wet work at the Regalia: "What the hell were you thinking!!!???  You cleaned out the Regalia faster than the the stank of a wet Sasquatch!!  Didn't we say 'surgical', 'delicate', 'ON THE DL' !?  Well the good news is that the Johnson did pay you for extracting some payback, now for the bad news chummers.  One young club hoppin blogger managed to catch your faces....ya the both of you....on high res cyber-eye feed.  This pesky blogger is asking too many questions and is doing too good of a job at getting the right answer.  I'm pretty sure she sold out to Vicelli's family, the Pelegrinos, can't be certain.  They wanna know who authorized the hit and she's a loose end I can't afford.  I need you to take her out of the equation but I also need you to make it hurt to scare any of her friends away....she's not the real deal, just corp brat who majored in English so her and her friends should break real quick.  So get it on tape, make it juicy.......but please, for ghost's sake, try and fly under the radar.  Since that's not a forte for neither one of you, I'm gonna send you in with a russian who's building a bit of a reputation for himself in this town for subtlety.....maybe you could learn a thing or two.

If you help me out on this one i'll hook you up with a retailer I got who with a word from me can give you some great deals on gear....he even dabbles in talislegging.  I'll throw in 2K each just to lubricate the run a little.  You guys got a stake in this too...you're not gonna let some little reporter wannabe mess with yourlivelihoods are you??"
« Last Edit: <04-14-11/1532:50> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #1 on: <03-08-11/1731:04> »
"Wetwork? Snuffing Vincelli was enough, even if he did deserve that. Oh great Manastreams, no. There has to be some other way... Maybe. What if we extract her, and explain the situation? I know this is a topic for her, but 'deceased club owner orchestrates kidnapping and implanting explosives in a four year old girl' would be more flashy... Or just appeal to her morals. I know they're fond of them. Damn, I don't know. She didn't kidnap and rig a kid with explosives... Larry, tell me you can get something juicy on Vincelli's dirty hands? We could always try feeding her with more interesting information first, and thinking of killing people because they're smart enough, and I'm stupid enough to make a mess of things? C'mon." He looks at Brick, awaiting his reaction to the job offer.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #2 on: <03-08-11/1756:55> »
Brick looks over at Styker, "No. If this bitch is feeding the mafia then she's already picked sides. Kid, These are serious players you're talking about and if we try to play nice to some blogger in their pocket, we might as well bend over and take it because that's what will happen to us, and our client. Hell, whats going to stop people with real power from not shitting all over us? Besides that, we don't need her changing her damn mind after the fact and turning that info over to the mafia. We protect ourselves and our client who still shelled out for us despite the fuck ups. She's made her bed, now we're going to put her to sleep in it." Brick turns toward Larry. "Yeah Larry, you said on the DL, but that was before things went to shit. So we did what we do best, make a shitty situation into a success story, I know it's not perfect but that just goes the the territory. As for the blogger, "Brick's face remains impassive. " I don't usually sign up for torture but since they decided to swing in the big leagues, I'm down for sending a special message to them, and those mafia fucks about minding their own damn business. Anonymously of course. So tell us about this Russian."
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-09-11/0002:33> »
Amazing Larry pauses for a moment and his AR hologram looks over at Stryker, then back at Brick, " Kid's got a lot to learn....must be that crazy religion talkin'....That's the one thing that ticks me off..  half the mojo casters out there on the street don't know enough to bring the mojo and the apparitions along when you're on a job and leave the stupid religion at home.  Talk some sense into him Brick, if you don't take this little princess out then it's your asses that get left out to dry. 

Ok the orc you're gonna be working with seems trustworthy enough.  Says he's from siberia or some place around there but it's definitely hardened him.  He'll be good for doing any type of recon...and i'd send him to do the job by himself but word out on the streets is she might have hired some help so it's gonna have to be a team.   One little downside to this guy though...doesn't speak much English...I don't know, buy a linguasoft or something, but you'll have to make do"
« Last Edit: <03-09-11/0005:44> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #4 on: <03-09-11/0630:07> »
"Okay, look. I've got no 'religion'. Just a general dislike for killing people without a reason good enough. Kidnapping a kid and stuffing her with explosives is enough to get a blade through your ribs. But you don't even know if she's sold out to the mob. If she did, okay. I can tag along, mostly because I'm smart enough to know that if it gets out, the girl is going to be in trouble again. But don't expect me to torture someone. Or kill in cold blood without any evidence of their guilt. I'm not some street shooter nutjob, who off people on a whim, or because that's easier than finding another solution." Stryker makes a small pause to give Larry a long, hard glance. "You know where I live. You know where I come from. Bullets are cheap, and killing is easy. I'm not the 'easy' type. If she proves innocent, and we find another way, I hope you won't make it a problem, yes?"
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-09-11/1421:22> »
The AR form of Amazing Larry looks at Stryker very intently before his gaze relaxes a little into a bit of a knowing smile.  "Ok, kid....I get it I get it...it's the rules you play by.  Well I think this run is gonna be good for ya kid. On the job training has a real funny way of puttin those rules to the test.  Just stay close to ol' Brick over here this time....stick together and maybe you'll learn a thing or two more about how things work in this town.  Hell, maybe even Brick might learn something"  He chuckles a little as you see him opening up some AR file windows that he's gonna throw over to your comm.  First he connects the call up with Zach and a small AR icon of a snow leopard appears hovering in space. 

"Previet Zach.  Zach, fellas...fellas, Zach.  Ok, here's the little girlscout, Rebecca Keeler...clubber name Razor Girl.  She can positively ID the two of you so make sure she doesn't see you until it's too late."

"My contact ran a trace and triangulated her to somewhere on the 5th floor of this address <<412 4th Ave. South>>, not too far from Safeco field.  KE's a good deal lighter on the south side of downtown so that's why this location is ideal for the hit. But remember, this is still downtown so follow the usual common sense precautions.  The building is old and light on security but most of the flats have been converted to trendy studio apartments for kids of high-level corp citizens who are too hip and edgy to stay on the enclave.  Another thing to note:  Becky's an Evo citizen, so she's got KE immunity...don't for a minute think she won't be scared to pull some crazy shit.  Find her, finish the job and get out...and for christ sakes at least wear a bandana over your face or something!"

After ironing out several more details Amazing Larry disconnects and the three of you arrange a meet down the block across the street from the apartment building.

The sim-movie theater across the street hasn't got any line outside of it so it's a good idea to move before a sim gets out.  You watch as a single KE hover drone makes it's way down the street in front of the apartment building while you're gearing up in the vehicle but it completely ignores you.  As soon as it passes far enough down along the street you climb out and the three of you make your way briskly but very casually to the front entrance, Brick toting a pretty large dufflebag.

Getting in is easy enough.  Good thing for you hipsters like to live life on the edge and security is for tools and sellouts.  You get into the grimey elevator and when it reaches the 5th floor you hear the ding and the doors slide open, nothing but a tannish grey wall in front of you.

[OOC: ok, so the AR map is drawn totally to scale.  Your move guys.]

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #6 on: <03-09-11/1502:54> »
OK... I left my coat back on the bike so I got only my chamaleon and some necesities with me. Ill look quickly to the corridor and if I didnt find any visible sensor, Ill use mad scanner for the corridor and then directional mirophone to the doors of 501, 503 and 519...

Can you scan the area for any life signs? Anyone? It wont be easy to go doors by doors.

Zachs infiltration: AG(4)+Infil(3)+imp.skill(2)+cat(2)= (11d6.hits(5)=3)

INT(4)+Perc(4)+Vissual Enhancement(3)= (11d6.hits(5)=5)

MAD Scanner (3) (3d6.hits(5)=0)

Listening to the doors: 501 503 519 int(4)+perc(4)+audio enhancement(3)= (11d6.hits(5)=3, 11d6.hits(5)=3, 11d6.hits(5)=5)
« Last Edit: <03-10-11/1741:04> by Sichr »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-09-11/1553:25> »
Brick looks at zach and sub-vocalizes in Or'zet, "sounds like a job for styker here. if he goes astral he can scout these places quick and quiet. I can cover the exits but until we're sure of who where our mark is it'd be best if i stayed out of this. keep me posted as to where she is and I'll do my thing."

Brick then looks styker in the eyes and sub-vocalizes in english, "Look chummer, I know you've got your own rules you want to follow, but here, we, more importantly I need to trust you to follow on this. yeah, we don't have proof of her wrong doing, but that's a two way street kid. If you aren't willing to treat this bitch like a legitimate threat, because she could be innocent, then you're putting Me and this guy in danger Omae. So I'll cut you a deal right now. We three go in on this committed, once we secure her we'll check her shit for proof to see who's she's sided with, but if she's connected to the mafia or someone else, YOU kill her, not me, not zach, YOU. If this goes sideways and she becomes a problem before we establish proof either way, she's dead. This is a take it or leave it one time offer. I'm don't like playing games with my life just for some spoiled ass corp-hipster bitch. If you're not in then our trust, is gone. Got it?"
« Last Edit: <03-09-11/1559:42> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-09-11/1603:29> »
Or`zet: He wont be a problem, would he? I`d prefere to go from outside , maybe through the window. depends on oposition, Larry said something about some punks she put together. We should have a plan, after we find her. More ways to get in, some distraction. Silencers and knives, OK?
« Last Edit: <03-09-11/1711:05> by Sichr »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <03-09-11/1615:54> »
In Or'zet, "I hope not. I've got both silencers and blades. you go in from the outside, I'll stay in here, you give me a room number and a body count, and we'll block the exits. sound good?" Brick loads his ingramX with stickandshock rounds keeping the panther sling behind him.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #10 on: <03-09-11/1634:15> »
Stryker just nods, then dissapears from sight completely. "On the left side of the elevator, by the wall. I'll go speed things up." Saying that, he enters the Astral Realms, leaving his body behind, sitting by the wall. Then he proceeds with the astral recon, looking for the mark, and feeling his heart go numb bit by bit... "This is your precious freedom, you fool. Is there any Honor in this? Lady guide me..." he thinks to himself...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <03-09-11/1640:47> »
I should use some microwire to block the stairs exit. As for the elevator,...hmm...I think I can make it out of order...
(picking out tool kit)

Setting an elevator to go down for (doors height -15cm)...then stop
Extended test for rewiring the elevator: Logic(3)+Hardware(2)+Superrior tools(1)-From memory(2) (4d6.hits(5)=0, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=1, 4d6.hits(5)=2)
« Last Edit: <03-10-11/1742:51> by Sichr »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <03-11-11/1552:59> »
@Stryker:
[OOC: roll surprise and initiative, and you get a +3 on the surprise roll.  Remember, your Astral Init is Intx2 and you have 3IP.  Let's just have everyone roll initiative, but only Stryker rolls surprise for now.]

You slide down into a sitting position up against the wall and close your eyes channeling your concentration.  You feel yourself begin to flow out of your body and hover over head and as soon as your soul's eye adjusts itself to the astral illumination, you notice that something is lighting up the hallway real bright and that can't be good at all!! 

@Zach:
As you sneak down the hallway towards apt. 519 you didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, your motion detectors not picking up anything in the hallways.  Your MAD scanner isn't much use if you're not targeting at a specific person or container but you decide to switch over to that function briefly but all you pick up is a few metal appliances a few meters into the apts. that you pass.  As you listen at each of the doors you hear light snoring somewhere behind 519.  You look back and see Stryker against the wall with his eyes closed looking as calm as a little baby.  Nothing seems unusual so far.  You decide you're going to go back down the hallway and try to rig the elevator and maybe after that use some monowire to trip-wire the stairs. 

@Brick: 
You're still in the elevator, but you're worried that if you hold it open too long it will start buzzing. 
« Last Edit: <03-11-11/1634:32> by inca1980 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <03-11-11/1638:40> »
Brick's initiative roll (8d6.hits(5)=1) :o
(OOC: if the hall way is clear he's going to the closet and wait for an update from either Styker or Zach. Also ignore the perception roll.)
« Last Edit: <03-11-11/1642:16> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <03-11-11/1652:54> »
@Brick:  You move out of the elevator and move around to the other side of Stryker in front of the service closet.  Zach is beginning to come back down the hallway.