NEWS

[IC][OT][War-CC] The Open Turret

• 61 Replies

Damnyankee

• Newb
« on: <02-09-11/2323:55> »
[IC] = in Character
[OT] = Off topic Discussion's not related to the mission can be had here at anytime.  Its safe to assume you had plenty of hours during training to chew the fat over cold brews.  Mission specific discussion is verboten, during the mission.  Previous missions are fair game.
[War-CC] The tag for this game
The open Turret is a bar not too far from the Conqueror's HQ.  While not exclusive to CC's NCO's, other merc companies usually come only when looking for a fight.  Some locals come because the Kitchen is good, the beer is cold, and there are 30 types on tap.  The menu is Pub, some of it even real food.  The ambiance is generic bar.  Its probably changed names and owners a dozen times sense the last time the inside was updated.  The regular bartender is a buxom multi-ethnic woman named Sai.   
You know that CC is in an up training cycle right now, and word on the street is something big is going down, bigger than CC, bigger than most merc companies have seen in a long time, but everyone else has a different idea what it is.  Who ever is behind it, has really good OP Sec.    The official duty day is over, and the place usually starts to get busy right after, senior NCO's come in to eat before heading back to barracks, and a pile of paperwork. Then it dies down a bit before the younger crowed comes in closer to last call, 3AM.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1 on: <02-10-11/1225:06> »
Omar. dressed in dirty camo. Dark skin, sharpened fangs and ritual scars gave his orcish face almost tribal look...
Standing at the doors, starring on down the street, endless crowd of umbrellas and hoods, orc can hardly see a human face...

"Fuck that weather. Its still raining. At leat this buka is built on the firm land. Another few days and we would have to swim the swamp to cross the training yard... But...I can told you...this is just a sprinkle. I`ve seen rains... Yeah...and mists...in London, right...
More beer..."

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-11-11/0150:12> »
Staff Sergeant David Harman stepped up to the bar, leaning over to flash Sai a handsome, wholesome-looking smile. "Hey there... what'll get me where I want to go for five nuyen?" His finger hovers over the digital drink catalogue and register attached to the bar, playfully awaiting the bartender's suggestion.

[Flirting to try and get her to maybe give me a nicer drink for fewer nuyen, or maybe just get me one on the house eventually. Or get her number, eventually.]
Seduction Roll: Charisma (7) + Con (4) + Kinesics (3) = (14d6.hits(5)=5)
David knew it was a long-shot; plenty of horny CC boys came in to bug Sai. But, hey, David felt like a challenge.

Recognizing Omar from HQ, David gives him a slight nod.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #3 on: <02-11-11/0328:46> »
Butcher is sitting in the bar's corner already. He finished his duty  earlier today and came to eat something and follow up on some research leads. Surrounded by AR windows, deep in some calculations. Busy with his several inches large commlink, sipping some water over unfinished dinner.

As the noise grew, he took a look around rather irritated, but nodded to both Omar and David. 
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Uncle Vabka

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-11-11/0627:21> »
*Coming out of the toilet, doing up his zip*

Jakob looks around the bar to see who has come in since he had to go piss. Nodding to several aquaintances, he recognises his fellow senior non-com at the bar chatting to Sai - the only other Staff Sergeant in the place, everyone else is lower down on the pecking order. Lighting a cigarette, he wanders over."

Howzit David. Don't see you in here too often. Fancy a dop?

*sends an order out for a pint of lager for Sai to fulfil with an option for the same for Harman should he indicate in the positive*

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-13-11/0257:11> »
Thinking for a while about editing Jakobs order, I smiled for myself. Then I went to bar and made the order good old way. With my beer Id turn on two mates on the bar.
Hey guys. Seems to me that this Denver is a kind of those places. I have seen some serious guys on the streets, and I have this feeling that there is a lot of tensions in the air. You know any history of this place? I didnt have a time to look for it in those few days after my landing. It seems nice, quiet and civil, compared to the place I`ve came from, but it looks like that it should change to the war zone in the second...

Uncle Vabka

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <02-13-11/0539:33> »
*takes a hefty draught of his beer*

Ja, well, this place is quiet due to the wizworm. Nobody wants to frek with him. At least he kicked the fokking Azzies out.  I spent a little time here on furlogh back in the day - a couple of weeks after a training course up in SSC. Whole place looks calm, but there is a lot of tension and a lot of guns around - government too, not corpsec. Milspec. Runners here might be some hard okes, but they need to be. Enough real shooters and spooks around to make them not top of the food chain.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-13-11/0630:06> »
Haha. Top of the food chain... Haha I`ll try to rememebr it if I`d ever get back home... So it seems that our work awaits us somewhere else, if nobody here fucks with the dragon. Doesn`t matter.
Hey, I layed my hands on that new Ferrarri and I tell you, thats a piece of machinery. Id love to try that in real action, simulations in the training camp are starting to be dull.

Damnyankee

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <02-13-11/1801:12> »

[Flirting to try and get her to maybe give me a nicer drink for fewer nuyen, or maybe just get me one on the house eventually. Or get her number, eventually.]
Its never been done.  Theres even money on base that shes a lesbian.  The other theory is that shes a robot. 

Damnyankee

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #9 on: <02-13-11/1842:32> »
I've been working for a time on extracting pheromones from a paracritter to get her hot. But the my mastermind plan failed when I understood that entire base would have her then (or me if I used it on myself), which I didn't want to happen.

I's too shy to ask, but she wouldn't look at the tusker twice.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <02-14-11/0226:21> »
As David's mojo failed him (in more ways than one) he decided to take Jakob's offer as the only face-saving way out.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-14-11/0334:27> »
[HH. Wait...if she is a robot, I may deffinitely be interested in some jacking...]

[I would not interfere into this situation, I would observe mating rituals of this culture carefully. You know. Igbo rituals are much less romantic...considering the fact that women are supposed to be soulles puppets to their male masters and are meant to serve and shut the fuck up...But behaving like true Igbo would bring me some unpleasant complications. My social skills are not any high but this is something that pure logic advises me]

Uncle Vabka

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <02-14-11/0446:32> »
*drains his beer, stubs out his cigarette and lights another one, sends a repeat order for himself and a beer for Omar*

Ja, the Appaloosa is a sweet ride. Still can't get my swede around a milspec vehicle with a fokking horse on it. Should stick to racing cars! *laughs loudly at his own joke*

As to where the next job is, no idea broo. Could be anywhere. Don't care much. Just hope they don't send us back South... I have had enough of the fokking jungle in my time I can tell you.

*shrugs*

As long as the cred is good and I don't have to shed too much of my own blood to live to spend it, I am ok with that. After all, as the man said once, its not about dieing for your country (or contract), its about making the other poor fokking idiot die for their's... or something...

*Lifts his fresh beer mug to David and Omar in a "cheers" motion*

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-14-11/0504:56> »
"Soldado di ventura !!"

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-15-11/0024:57> »
Corporal Baxter Waterhouse walks in and scans the room. Seeing his senior noncoms he heads twords the bar. "Any news mates? I got 50 on it bein some fridged piss'ole." Turning to Sai "A pint of the usual love and the special."