NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Best served cold (concluded)

• 337 Replies

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <02-05-11/2130:13> »
Wilcox, here. Taby is sending me with you guys on this one. Will be packing light. Wilcox, ponders to himself. Boy it feels good to have some work.

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <02-05-11/2132:07> »
I have room in the van, chummers.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #17 on: <02-06-11/0631:59> »
"That would be cool. I can stash the Scoot here, if Mata agrees." He turns to Mata Tabi, waiting for his reaction. "And i always pack light. No guns, only my magical blade."
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <02-06-11/0702:19> »
"Pick me up in the Sioux Sector then, you got smuggling compartments? Also Styker, you got some mojo that can conceal my bow?

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #19 on: <02-06-11/0900:29> »
"I should have, hopefully. I could ask a Spirit for that, but I'm not going to bother them, if I won't have to. Just find a box that will hide it from non-visual scanners."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #20 on: <02-06-11/0908:58> »
In the reflection of the window Stryker saw Morrigan for a brief moment, she wasn't there when he turned his head, but in Astral she left the slightest of trails. It felt reassuring.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <02-06-11/0914:18> »
"You on bad terms with the ghosts Stryker?"

Cursor had found an alleyway to hide in.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #22 on: <02-06-11/0924:56> »
"Spirits. And no, not really. I just don't want to bother them. I'm not your average hermetic buffoon. I don't command them. I ask them for help. And I owe them more in return than they provide to me. We're not better than them. We're creatures of flesh and blood. They are creatures of pure magic and ideals. It would be like asking a muse to do your dishes. I'm not a Shaman though. It's more complicated than that... Cutting it short - if I can do it myself, I won't bother them...
That reminds me I'm going to need your help after we finish this job. I want to get a legal licenses for using my magic, and my magical stuff. It's not much of a bother, but better safe than sorry.
"

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <02-06-11/1116:58> »
Maybe they act like that because you observe them like that. Discipline doesn't mean you're undermining them. I can try spoofing their SIN scanner but I'll need to run a trace and get their Access ID first, scanners in the Pub are nasty.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #24 on: <02-06-11/1357:00> »
"The thing is, they're superior beings. They're made of Magic. I can't really explain, you'd have to see the Manastreams yourself. And that's not really possible, you know." Stryker sighs. "The Spirits hermetic and shamanic spellslingers summon aren't the same. The ones I summon are even more different. Hermetics summon Elementals, whom they command as servants. Shamans call upon Nature Spirits, with whom they strike bargains. I summon beings of pure Mana given form by an Idea. That's the simplest way i can explain it."
He turns to Mata Tabi again, waiting for his reaction.
"Sorry, Mata. I got a bit too absorbed there. Shall we go? I'm ready, as always."

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <02-06-11/1458:49> »
Eight-Stone glanced over the message he got from Claw. It was unusual for Claw to send him job offers. "Kid must be moving up in the world," Eight-Stone muttered to himself. "Good for her."

Glancing around his new apartment, Eight-Stone realized that he was moving up in the world, too. Sure, light and water were inaccessible twelve hours out of the day, but it was still a step up from the flophouses and abandoned basements. Things were looking up.

After putzing around his new residence for a while, Eight-Stone finally got up the gumption to leave. He left his shotgun on the rack on the wall, as well as his box of grenades stacked under his bed. No reason to come to a meeting with a Johnson armed to the teeth. He did decide to bring his combat axe, however, just in case this mission was time-sensitive. He also brought his newly-acquired shock gloves, tucked carefully into a pocket of his armored jacket. He considered these more of a public service than a weapon; now that he was moving up in the shadows, Eight-Stone couldn't afford to kill and permanently maim people in bar-brawls like he was used to. Such are the sacrifices we make for our careers.

As he headed outside, Eight-Stone got Cursor's message about new security for his commlink. The troll smiled to himself and sent a quick text back. <<text 2 Cursor: much obliged, omae. we pull this one off, i know what my next purchase will be.>>
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <02-06-11/1506:54> »
Roger that chummer, 1 normal smuggling compartment. Will pick u up.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #27 on: <02-06-11/1855:24> »
Wilco GMC Buldog (you grow accustomed to this kind of car) picked you up from Mata's place, and head for the Sioux border.

OOC: Wilco, please post the description of both yourself and the car

Since this are not rush hours yet, the mandatory SINs check took longer than usual, and the inspection was more detailed, but Mata's smooth talk breezed you through anyway. Somehow he managed to convince the guard checking you that you have legitimate business in Sioux Sector, that this are not a beer cans on the van floor, and that there is nothing suspicious in band consisting of an elf, dwarf and troll driving merrily through Denver.

The Meet

The first thing you notice when you arrive at the address Tabby gave you is that she wasn’t kidding when she said ranch. The smell of horses and clean hay wafts across the afternoon air as you look around. Further down the road you can see the front
entrance to the Horse Trot Ranch.

While riding you browsed a little on the ranch using Cursor's links, and read through its advertisements. Most of this area has been cleared of the developments from the late 20th century and given over to pastureland for the horses. Falcone Corporate Consultants does their best to maintain the feeling of untouched rolling hills. Small groves of trees are carefully spread throughout and manicured to appear “natural” despite their layout for meeting places and trust exercises.

At six o’clock exactly, the doors to one of the smaller stables opens and an Arabic human man in his midthirties comes walking out towards you. He waves his arm gesturing for you to come over and once you are close enough to speak without shouting, the man introduces himself as Hafiz.

OOC: Eight-stone, entrance guards will not allow you to enter facility without opening your duffel bag. I assumed you left in the van. If no, than you're not with the rest of the team.

Come, my friends. Mr. Jaron will be speaking with you in the rear stables. He turns and heads back into the stables. Your eyes adjust almost immediately to the slightly dimmer light inside. Hafiz moves over to stand behind the man you recognize from the file as Jaron Falcone. Falcone is seated in a stainless steel wheelchair. A sharply angled nose draws your attention to him immediately and despite, or perhaps because of, his disability, Jaron has a practiced air of confidence that seems to overcome his physical inability.

Thank you all for coming. I apologize if I am short with you, but time is of the essence right now. A package dear to my business was forcefully removed from the ranch this morning. You job is going to be to retrieve said package and return it to me. I’ll pay you a 5,000¥ each now and 20,000¥ more when you are done.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <02-06-11/2043:24> »
Mata Tabi had been silent till now, his thoughts on the new 'member' of the team. Mata wondered where this one stood on his role of responsiblities. Mata could trust two of them, the trog was a disappointment, or merely a realization of all Mata's preconcieved notions on the moral nature of such grotesque creatures...he was rather amused by the last thought, but concealed it behind his glasses. Mata slowly reached for the lighter and cigarette case, feigning out of habit. "Is this offensive to you sir? If so, I'll gladly refrain." Mata slide the cigarette case back into his pocket, but kept the lighter out and in hand. "That indeed is a sum that catches one's attention......"smiling slightly "However, the intial sum leads me to assume that it is both important, and that although high, there is room to negotiate as no one starts at their highest number."

Mata Tabi waited for the negotiations to begin, his smile never leaving him.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <02-07-11/0343:54> »
"Good evening. Time seems to be of the essence a lot lately but you can count on us."
Eight, I'm sending over the program now.
OOC:Rating 3 Paladin under orders to guard Eight's node. Looks like a watch tower. Pilot 3 Response 5 Firewall 5 INIT 3 IP 3 EDGE 3 RES 3. Skills: Computer, Cybercombat, Hacking. Complex Forms: Armor, Disarm, Medic, Shield, Attack. Powers: Castling, Hardening