NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Best served cold (concluded)

• 337 Replies

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« on: <02-05-11/1015:11> »
"Face it you Fraggers. Denver is a sub-divided, pain-wracked, schizophrenic, self-serving, epileptic, sado-masochistic haven for the divinely warped. And I love each and every one of your bitter, thrice damned souls."

- Right Reverend Donald R. Byrne, Street Samurai

Welcome to Denver !!!

SPOILER WARNING: this game is played using the official Missions 02 - 02 Best served cold scenario. If you wish to ever play it do not read any further.
« Last Edit: <03-17-11/1108:11> by Sentinemodo »
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-05-11/1047:32> »
The Call

People in your line of work don’t usually get called during the daylight hours. Some business is best kept in shadow and darkness. All the same, you glance at the chronograph and realize that it’s only two o’clock. Tabby isn’t the kind of girl to call unless work is involved, so you pick up the line.

(OOC: if any of you have undefined fixer contact, right now change it to Tabitha “Tabby” Morgan, Denver fixer with rating 3. For Cursor and Wilco that means change of contact from 2/2 to 3/1, no change for Mata. Stryker was at Mata's place and Eight-stone was contacted via Claw - he was contacted first, but had a job on his own already setup, so routed further, vouching for her a a fixer as honest as they can ever be)

Even across your commlink, she has a voice that almost seems to purr like the spotted cat she resembles.

“We’re burning daylight man and I’ve got a Johnson who’s getting back in the game. His name’s Falcone, and he needs a team out at his ranch in four hours. From what I heard, it’s just some clean up work so pack light and get moving.”

As soon as you agree to hear the details of the job, your commlink chirps with an incoming file being transmitted. The address immediately plots itself from your current location and directions are digitally overlaid across your field of vision. You should have time to clean up and grab something to eat before heading out.

The file has the address and directions to the ranch. Included are pictures of the ranch, Jaron Falcone, and another unidentified man. The Horse Trot Ranch is located at 12057 Washington St. It runs from 120th St to 145th and from Washington St. to halfway to Colorado St. in Sioux Sector.

(OOC: I need you to post gear, you take with yourselves, prefferably like I asked you already by resubmitting your runner card and clearly marking gear you have with yourself)
(OOC2: if any of you need to cross any borders roll Fake SIN Rating + Charisma + Etiquette (1) Test on each one, if any of you want to use Coyote, although you don't know any at Sioux border as far as I recall let me know)
« Last Edit: <02-05-11/1102:41> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-05-11/1259:06> »
Mata Tabi strained his neck to the side as Stryker undid the bandage, as he had for the past days, there was no wet unsticking sound or the tug of flesh to the bandage, a good sign that it was either healed or healed enough to work. The message scrolled across his glasses from Tabby, seemed there would be no time to visit a horishi, and he had in mind an excellent tattoo to commemerate his last job.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #3 on: <02-05-11/1329:20> »
Stryker checked the wound, and applied a derm patch to keep it clean.
"Looks nice, Mata. Let's hope this was the first and last one."
He packed his stuff, and prepared to leave, obviously lost in thoughts...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-05-11/1354:35> »
"Local Johnson? Nice, Thank you Tabs."

After some sprucing up and food, Cursor put his combat load vest on and clenched his metallic fist.

"Pack Light? I pack prepared."

He headed out.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <02-05-11/1534:53> »
"Stryker-san. It seems I have never properly thanked you for this." Mata Tabi says, but leaves it open to drop with a slight smile. "Did you recieve the message concerning the job?" Mata Tabi was hoping it wasnt a social flub, it'd be embarrassing to Stryker to not have recieved it. Mata Tabi quickly gained his wits "There's time still if you'd like to accompany me to a meal, I know an excellent resturant that serves traditional faire." Bowing slightly "My treat of course"

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #6 on: <02-05-11/1543:59> »
Stryker shook his head, looking at his ex-patient with a smile.
"Okay, I won't say no to that. I've skipped breakfast today, because of some stupid accident." Then he took his goggles, microphone an earphones out of the backpack, along with the commlink. "And I don't leave my commlink on while working lately. I had some problems with it. Seems like that hacker doesn't like me." He put the equipment on, and started the OS. "I can pay for myself, no problem. And the job would be nice. It seems I have to get a few things, like a medical practitioner's license, and a magical license. And those don't come cheap."
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-05-11/1556:18> »
Stryker's com signals recorded message from Raven. He asks you to call someone called Tabby. She was looking for some runner available to respond on short notice, and since you're able last time, he proposed you. He suggest you to call as soon as possible.

OOC: if you do and I assume you do, you get the same story as the rest

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-05-11/1608:52> »
Cursor sent out a text with personalised endings to the others;

Testing, Testing. You guys all still on the line? Tabby told me I'm with you guys again. Mata: How're you feeling? Stryker: I spoke to Dean, I don't think he'll screw with your comm on a job with me, so long as it's unrelated to his "interests". Eight: I've got some security Lined up for your Commlink.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #9 on: <02-05-11/1617:07> »
Stryker laughs on the line for a while.
"Hello, Cursor. We're okay, I'd say Mata has made a full recovery. No obvious scarring even. As for the hacker, tell him I won't send any spirits after him either, so he won't have to worry about stairs and crossing the street anymore. And yes, I'm kidding. I went overboard then, but that was a lot of pressure. Not that it's any excuse, anyway. So, what do you know about that job? Could you check out that guy in the meantime?"

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-05-11/1707:43> »
This is what your searches revealed.

Public knowledge
Jaron Falcone - owner of the Falcone Corporate Consultants, which in turn is owner of the Horse Trop Ranch. Falcone Corporate Consultants specializes in corporate retreats for mid-ranking executives and leadership development customized for a wide range of corporate cultures.

Restricted/limited availability informations
“he got out of business years ago...” - Jaron Falcone has been a major fixer in Seattle and Denver (though most work he had done in Seattle). He gave up being a fixer about five years ago when he was shot by a rogue team working in retaliation against a run he had arranged.
“When he was working his rep was solid, a straight shooter.” - Jaron Falcone left with a very good reputation. As honest as the shadows allowed.

It is everything you were able to find, it is either everything that is in Matrix about him, there is more, but without direct link you'll be unable to find it. It took you less then ten minutes to accomplish.

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <02-05-11/1710:48> »
Cursor forwards the info.
"Sounds too clean."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #13 on: <02-05-11/1720:24> »
"It's personal then. Not just business. Seems fishy to me..."
Stryker finishes packing his stuff, and then turns to Mata.
"It's your call. What do you think of this?"

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <02-05-11/1722:39> »
OOC: on both ends of each and every business is a person, doesn't it make each business personal?

Denver Missions
running 13