NEWS

[OOC] Missions 2 - Best served cold

• 498 Replies

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #15 on: <02-05-11/1642:17> »
you can try to conceal it, you can have your crossbow split into parts and hidden in the bag, you can leave it at home, you can stay at home and never walk out ...

or just frag it, run the shadows never show up on police radar

Chrona, such is the life, you can't walk with guns legally through the downtown, this is shadowrun not wild west.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <02-05-11/1644:22> »
-Normally- You can if it's R and you have a liscence like i do

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <02-05-11/1713:01> »
This is not Seattle, I'm affraid. My advice: conceal as much as you can, avoid checkpoints/law enforcers, carry enough cash to pay bribes.
The border crossing difficulty increases with TR. on 1-2 you only need one hit with SIN rating + Charisma + Etiquette which is pretty easy. however if you got caught using the weapon, you're facing several years of prison and thus you're out of the campaign.

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #18 on: <02-05-11/1714:05> »
Stryker isn't using a Sioux citizen SIN, just a Seattle one. And he has license for the gun he's carrying. I bet in SS swords aren't restricted. And he's not waving his around. As he's officially a 'Sixth Sense Adept', it fits his cover story.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <02-05-11/1715:47> »
They're restricted in Ess Ess, that's all that matters.

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #20 on: <02-05-11/1718:34> »
But isn't having a license from Seattle enough? I hoped that stuff is as good as a driver's license.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <02-05-11/1720:51> »
if you have a gun license in USA would you be allowed to go in Poland with it?

if you have a license to sell alcohol in Poland can you sell it in Germany?

Denver is divided into FOUR sectors, that are effectively FOUR different countries.

(I though six, since the Denver book keeps saying six, but on the map I've provided there are four only, so let's keep it at four)
« Last Edit: <02-06-11/0612:55> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #22 on: <02-05-11/1722:24> »
Yeah. Then Stryker wouldn't have the gun on him, as his license isn't worth crap. Can get a refund?

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <02-05-11/1723:43> »
sure, that's what I wanted to tell you on the last mission, i wasn't clear enough it seems. but you can always paint you manhunter as light pistol ;P

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #24 on: <02-05-11/1725:18> »
No, i'll just leave it at his home. I wouldn't use it anyway. That's what i have Powerbolts for on this character.
How hard would be getting a magical license in Sioux territory?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <02-05-11/1729:58> »
I will continue to play but expect to get caught very soon then if all the liscences i bought are useless, I'll also have to change where i live and how much i paid, im not retconning so ill do it after this job (if im not in prison)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #26 on: <02-05-11/1736:36> »
Don't worry, we'll get you a Spiritual Lawyer, or something.
I'd change the gun license for a Weapon Focus license. It would work with the cover story. And I'd have to buy a light pistol. Hopefully after the mission.

My cover story:
Vincent Sorrel, an Awakened 'Independent Magical Consultant'. His abilities are limited to just being able to perceive astrally(Assensing), and use foci. He has a license for his Weapon Focus - the sword he never parts company with.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <02-05-11/1752:29> »
1. getting the license for spellcasting
- cost is pretty low a mere 100 NY  for the town office cost plus 100 NY of Sioux Sector tax on magical activities - this registers you as an Awakened citizen
- the real cost is with passing the SIN test you need to pass you SIN against Opposed test of rating 5 scanner

- the fake license is just double of the standard cost that is rating x200 NY

2. - license to possess large blade 100NY, license to transport 250 NY plus above SIN validation
-fake licenses to trasnport rating x 100 NY

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <02-05-11/1808:35> »
I will continue to play but expect to get caught very soon then if all the liscences i bought are useless, I'll also have to change where i live and how much i paid, im not retconning so ill do it after this job (if im not in prison)

Chrona - If you walk among wage-slaves you should not go flashing your weapons, you could be picked up and prisoned just like that for thoughtless endangering or disturbing behaviour. License may take you far in Seattle, but even then if you walk with your weapon by noon you'll be glanced warily be each and every citizen and watched carefully by passing LoneStars. And they will stop you to check your licenses now and again. Now keep in mind this are fake licenses. You don't want to stress them on every corner, just at the times when it is really necessary, because carrying a fake SIN or license is also a criminal offense. 

Remember. if you're shadowrunner you should keep to the shadows, it is there when you carry your staff.

Denver may be particulary bad for this due to that crossings you need to make every day (or night).

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <02-05-11/1822:39> »
I'm just saying the character was made before these rules and its too late to make them stealthy now so I'll just see how it goes, I cant go to a job unarmed