NEWS

[SR5] Unarmed Adept (Hulk + Yoda - Force)

• 9 Replies

Koshnek

• Omae
« on: <10-13-13/1557:50> »
This is my first time making a shadow run character, and this is my first PnP RPG too. Feedback would be appreciated. I'm one of possibly two characters Astrally perceptive. In General, I want my character very perceptive and reactive. He should also hit hard. I think I did ok overall, but I probably messed up in places. Like can Knucks stack with my bone density? Does bone density mean killing hands can no longer let my fists do stun damage? Would I be better served keeping that 7th power point?

My GM said my teams background with Ares and Knight errant will cover our license and sin requirements for now. The sinner quality is not negotiable. I must have an Ares weapon.

As a side note, if some one could greatly clarify licenses and sins for me, that'd be amazing. I understand what they do, but (mostly for licenses) not how they work.

If you read the backstory, I appologize for the horrible narration!

Name: Günther Herrmann
Alias: Smash
Race: Troll
Sex: Male
Nationality: German
Lifestyle: 1 mo middle (10000¥), 3 mo low (12000¥)
Karma Spent: 25
Physical Description: 20 years old, 7'6", 385 lbs
Personality/background

[spoiler]Smash and other metahuman children were captured by the triad, forced to fight each other for their captors' amusement. As the children began entering adolescence, the fights became fights for survival. The final bout was a battle royal, and the victor allowed to live (in servitude to the triad). The remaining children, an elf, two orks and Smash we're pitted against one another.

Smash knew the next moments could be his last. Two orks... Manageable, but three would be a crowd. His friend, the elf, had lower chances of surviving by teaming with Smash than going solo or even joining the orks. He could finish the elf, risk him joining the orks or join with him and risk being stabbed in the back by his own team mate.. Terrible options with terrible consequences. That was the moment Shark found Smash... Showed him power... Hunger. He dispatched his only friend immediately. Smash would survive.... But at what cost?

The orks were tough... But they didn't last long. A lucky feint put the first off balance and a quick jab put him on the ground with a twisted ankle and a broken wrist. The second Ork wasn't ready for the power Smash could pack into a punch, and Shark had showed him...something. Something that killed his friend in one blow. Force that should be absorbed by muscle and bone continued unchecked. Two blows to the head, and he was down.

Life... To claim it all that Smash needed to do was to finish the job. He could refuse... But he learned what happens to disobedient dogs long ago. The ork couldn't have his place... Lame horses fare no better. The shark showed no mercy.  Yet still, there is a cost to be paid....

With fifteen years and three kills under his belt, Smash began working for the triad. Not that he had a choice. He wasn't a member of the Circle, but he belonged to it. It wasn't all bad. He had a human sized room to sleep in, enough food to keep him from starving... and master Yang, the first human to ever earn Smash's respect.

A troll adept is a rarity amongst rarities, and the circle would not allow such a valuable resource to be wasted. Most of Yang's business came from teaching triad warriors, so any objections went unspoken when he was "asked" to close shop and instruct Smash exclusively. He, however, did not share the circles views towards metahumanity.

Yang was fair with Smash, if not harsh with training. Smash learned quickly and developed his powers. Yang saw to it that Smash was compensated for his jobs. If he was lucky, Smash would be paid half of what a triad member would receive... But they kept him well supplied. Gear ain't cheap, and Smash was a valuable asset.

3 years later, Smash is a force to be reckoned with. He is set on a mission he knows he can use to fake his own death. Yang sees Smash as a son, and his greatest pupil. He gave Smash all the money he could spare, and bid farewell.

A few more deaths is all that stood between Smash and freedom... A politico causing the triad trouble and his body guard (who happens to be built similarly to smash). An explosion, some fire, and luck should see him free. They were dead either way...

Using what money he saved and the creds Yang gave him, Smash secured passage to Seattle. He would lead a different life. A better life... And no one would have to be sacrificed.

...But Shark is always hungry.

Things have gone well so far. By nineteen, Smash was "employed" by Ares. Knight Errant has been simple, and the pay is better than anything the triad threw Smash's way. He can't complain about being paid to beat unruly humans. He's partnered with an ork and a human. We get paid to work with the humans, and the guy can hold his own, so it's bearable.[/spoiler]
TL;DR Background with triad, maltreatment by humans, escaped to Seatle, works for Knight Errant division of Ares.

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
544(6)7
WillpowerLogicIntuitionCharisma
EdgeMagic/ResonanceEssenceInitiative
56511 +3D6

Positive Qualities
Exceptional Attribute (Magic), Mentor Spirit (Shark), Bilingual
Negative Qualities
Sinner (Corporate Limited), Prejudiced (Biased, Human), Gremlins 1

Active Skills
Influence 1Unarmed Combat 6
Thrown 2Gymnastics (Parkour) 3
Perception (Visual) 3Running 2
Assensing 2First Aid 2
Knowledge Skills ( [Logic + Intuition] x 2 free points)
Triads 4Organized Crime 2
Identify Street Gang 1Fixers 1
Language Skills
German NMandarin N
English (Milspec) 3

Adept Powers
PowerCostNotes
Killing Hands0(Shark)
Astral Perception1
Attribute Boost 2.5(Agility)
Combat Sense 1.5
Critical Strike.5(Unarmed)
Improved Reflexes 22.5
Enhanced Perception 1.5
Wall Running.5

Cyber/Bioware
CyberwareEssenceCostNotes
Bone Density Augmentation 3.915000¥
Sleep Regulator.112000¥

Spells/Complex Forms/Programs
CyberwareCostNotes
XXXXXXXXXX¥XXXXX

Gear (70000¥)
Knucks100¥
Ares LF 70200¥
Arm Slides350¥
Smart System (+Smartlink)2200¥
Silencer750¥
2 Spare Clips10¥
20 APDS240¥
40 Regular80¥
20 Shuriken500¥
5 Flashbang500¥
3 Flash-pak375¥
4 Fragmentation400¥
3 Thermal Smoke180¥
Clothing700¥
Armor Jacket1000¥
Shock Frills250¥
Renraku Sensei1000¥
AR Gloves150¥
Subvocal Mic50¥
Silver Credstick20¥
Gold Credstick100¥
Goggles 6300¥
Lowlight500¥
Flare Compensation250¥
Image Link25¥
Vision Enhancement 21000¥
Vision Magnification250¥
Earbuds150¥
Audio Enhancement 1500¥
Spatial Recognition1000¥
Medkit 3750¥
Basic Docwagon Contract5000¥

Vehicles
XXXXX
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmorSensorAvailabilityCost
XXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX¥

Contacts
ContactC/L
Triad Incense Master1/2
Fixer2/1

Priorities:
A - Metatype [Troll (5)]
B - Magic [Adept (Magic 6, one rating 4 active skill)]
C - Attributes [16 points]
D - Resources [50000¥]
E - Skills [18/0]
« Last Edit: <04-27-15/1713:52> by Koshnek »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Rythymhack

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <10-13-13/1708:55> »
I do not know if you missed this or not (because it isnt listed) but Shark also adds +2 dice to unarmed.

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-13-13/1716:30> »
Yeah, I know. I didn't list all my die bonuses... I got some more from adept powers and gear. Sorry bout that : )
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-14-13/2222:00> »
I'm personally wondering what you're doing with both a Low lifestyle and a Middle lifestyle.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-14-13/2334:49> »
I'm personally wondering what you're doing with both a Low lifestyle and a Middle lifestyle.

Safe house? Storage Unit? Low Class mistress?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-14-13/2350:22> »
Yeah, a safehouse. Additionally, I'm under the impression I'm going to be quickly burned by Ares. I figured I'll end up losing that place.

I am thinking about dropping to adept c and taking attributes b. I would lose 2 First Aid (0) and 3 points of edge (2) and gain... Let's say 1 bod (6), 1 reaction (5[7]), 1 Str (8 ), and 1 Cha (3) or Logic (2). I'm thinking Cha to help with berserk tests and Astral Combat.

I am also considering dropping the bioware. I wanted sleep reg for role play (child), but had to cut the child to fit sinner. I took the bone density being I was losing pp anyhow. That'd put me from [7+2]+1 dmg (bone density) w/ +2 bod for determining DR to [8+1]+1 dmg (knucks) w/ one actual bod. I'm not sure what I'll do with the extra PP or ¥ yet.

With the ¥, I could snag a gold doc contract and get 3 karma back... Or get all 10 karma back and find something to spend 4k¥ on.

I'm thinking one mystic armor to help losing the ware and maybe spell resistance. Or maybe light body 1 or 2 for role play. I could get one point of bod instead of armor and light body for an extra condition monitor and actually be ahead of where I was at with Bone Density. Thoughts? Never having played SR, I'm kinda winging it lol.
« Last Edit: <10-15-13/0017:48> by Koshnek »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-16-13/0401:37> »
So I rearranged my character, and this is what he looks like now. I don't think I can get him much better, although I'm still tempted to pick up Mystic Armor 1 and Light Body 1-2 instead of Improved Attribute (Body). I mean... Wall running parkour troll!!

Any suggestions/Critiques are still very much welcome! My Two lifestyles are intentional, my gm said Sinner is mandatory and my lack of ID's/Liscenses will be initially covered by the campaign.

Game Mechanics and notes:
1. I used the following priorities:
ATroll5
BAttributes20
CMag/ResAdept Mag 4/One rating 2 active skill
DResources50000¥
Eskills18/0

2. I spent karma on the following:
-24: Positive Qualities
 24: Negative Qualities
-15: Increase Charisma from 2 to 3
 -5: Influence Skill Group 1
 -2: Astral Combat 1
 -2: First Aid 1
 -1: Contacts

3. I spent 2 of 18 skill points on specializations.

4. Here's the background I put together. It's definitely the finest penmanship ever, lol.
[spoiler]Smash and other metahuman children were captured by the triad, forced to fight each other for their captors' amusement. As the children began entering adolescence, the fights became fights for survival. The final bout was a battle royal, and the victor allowed to live (in servitude to the triad). The remaining children, an elf, two orks and Smash we're pitted against one another.

Smash knew the next moments could be his last. Two orks... Manageable, but three would be a crowd. His friend, the elf, had lower chances of surviving by teaming with Smash than going solo or even joining the orks. He could finish the elf, risk him joining the orks or join with him and risk being stabbed in the back by his own team mate.. Terrible options with terrible consequences. That was the moment Shark found Smash... Showed him power... Hunger. He dispatched his only friend immediately. Smash would survive.... But at what cost?

The orks were tough... But they didn't last long. A lucky feint put the first off balance and a quick jab put him on the ground with a twisted ankle and a broken wrist. The second Ork wasn't ready for the power Smash could pack into a punch, and Shark had showed him...something. Something that killed his friend in one blow. Force that should be absorbed by muscle and bone continued unchecked. Two blows to the head, and he was down.

Life... To claim it all that Smash needed to do was to finish the job. He could refuse... But he learned what happens to disobedient dogs long ago. The ork couldn't have his place... Lame horses fare no better. The shark showed no mercy.  Yet still, there is a cost to be paid....

With fifteen years and three kills under his belt, Smash began working for the triad. Not that he had a choice. He wasn't a member of the Circle, but he belonged to it. It wasn't all bad. He had a human sized room to sleep in, enough food to keep him from starving... and master Yang, the first human to ever earn Smash's respect.

A troll adept is a rarity amongst rarities, and the circle would not allow such a valuable resource to be wasted. Most of Yang's business came from teaching triad warriors, so any objections went unspoken when he was "asked" to close shop and instruct Smash exclusively. He, however, did not share the circles views towards metahumanity.

Yang was fair with Smash, if not harsh with training. Smash learned quickly and developed his powers. Yang saw to it that Smash was compensated for his jobs. If he was lucky, Smash would be paid half of what a triad member would receive... But they kept him well supplied. Gear ain't cheap, and Smash was a valuable asset.

3 years later, Smash is a force to be reckoned with. He is set on a mission he knows he can use to fake his own death. Yang sees Smash as a son, and his greatest pupil. He gave Smash all the money he could spare, and bid farewell.

A few more deaths is all that stood between Smash and freedom... A politico causing the triad trouble and his body guard (who happens to be built similarly to smash). An explosion, some fire, and luck should see him free. They were dead either way...

Using what money he saved and the creds Yang gave him, Smash secured passage to Seattle. He would lead a different life. A better life... And no one would have to be sacrificed.

...But Shark is always hungry.

Things have gone well so far. By nineteen, Smash was "employed" by Ares. Knight Errant has been simple, and the pay is better than anything the triad threw Smash's way. He can't complain about being paid to beat unruly humans. He's partnered with an ork and a human. We get paid to work with the humans, and the guy can hold his own, so it's bearable.[/spoiler]
TL;DR Background with triad, maltreatment by humans, escaped to Seatle, works for Knight Errant division of Ares.

Quote from: Character Sheet
== Personal Data ==
NameGünther Herrmann
AliasSmash
MetatypeTroll
EthnicityGerman
Age20
SexMale
Height257cm
Weight342kg
Street Cred0
Notoriety1
Public Awareness0
Karma0

== Attributes ==
Body6(7[Improved Attribute(Body)])
Agility4
Reaction5(7[Improved Reflexes 2])
Strength8
Willpower5
Logic1
Intuition5
Charisma3
Magic7
Edge3
Essence6
Initiative
Physical12 +3d6
Martrix (AR)12 +3d6
Astral10 +4d6
Composure8
Judge Intentions8
Memory6
Lift/Carry120kg/80kg
Movement8/16/+1
Limits
Physical10
Mental4
Social6

== Condition Monitor ==
Physical12
Stun11
Overflow7

== Qualities ==
Positive (-24)
Exceptional Attribute(Magic)-14
Mentor Spirit(Shark)-5
Bilingual-5
Negative (24)
Sinner(Corporate Limited)15
Prejudiced(Biased, Human)5
Gremlins 14

== Active Skills ==
Unarmed Combat 6+2 (Shark)
Thrown 2
Astral Combat 1(Karma)
Gymnastics 3(Parkour)+2
Perception 3(Vision)+2+1(Enhanced Perception)
Running 2
Assensing 2+1(Enhanced Perception)
First Aid 1(Karma)
Influence Skill Group 1(Karma)

== Knowledge Skills ==
German N
Mandarin N
English 3(Milspec)+2
Triads 4
Organized Crime 2
ID Street Gang 1
Fixers 1

== Adept Powers ===
Killing Hands0.0(Shark)
Astral Perception1.0
Attribute Boost20.5(Agility)
Combat Sense10.5
Critical Strike0.5(Unarmed Combat)
Improved Reflexes22.5
Enhanced Perception10.5
Wall Running0.5
Improved Physical Attribute11.0(Body)

== Contacts ==
Triad Incense MasterC4/L1
FixerC2/L3

== Armor ==
   4600¥   Armor Jacket, w/Chemical protection 6, Fire Resistance 6, Shock Frills, and Hidden Arm Slides

700¥   Clothing

== Melee Weapons ==
      100¥   Knucks

== Ranged Weapons ==
   3480¥   Ares Lightfire 70 w/ Silencer and external smartgun system [smartlink], 2 spare clips, 20 APDS Rounds, and 40 Regular Rounds
     500¥   Shuriken (20)
     400¥   Frag (4)
     500¥   Flash-bang (5)
     300¥   Thermal Smoke (5)
     375¥   Flash-pak (3)

== Gear ==
   1000¥   Renraku Sensei (DR3)
     150¥   AR Gloves
       50¥   Subvocal Microphone

20¥   Silver Credstick
     100¥   Gold Credstick

2325¥   Goggles R6 w/ Low-light vision, Flare compensation, Image link, Vision enhancement 2, and Vision magnification

1650¥   Earbuds R3 w/ Audio enhancement 1 and Spatial recognizer

1500¥   Medkit R6
   5000¥   Basic Docwagon Contract
    150¥    Stim patch R6
    100¥    Antidote patch R2

== Lifestyle/ID/Nuyen ==
   10000¥   Middle lifestyle, 1 month, (4d6*100)+5000 starting nuyen
   12000¥   Low lifestyle, 3 months
« Last Edit: <10-16-13/0556:31> by Koshnek »
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-16-13/0441:19> »
I am completely missing where you list what your PP expenditures are.  I will say if you consider mystic armor, max out your combat sense first.  Combat sense costs the same and beats mystic armor big time.
Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-16-13/0538:50> »
Oops, I edited that in, lol. I copied someone else's format and didn't add my adept powers in, my bad. Why is combat sense better?
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-16-13/0634:44> »
Oops, I edited that in, lol. I copied someone else's format and didn't add my adept powers in, my bad. Why is combat sense better?

Combat Sense prevents damage while Mystic Armor reduces it.  That said, you still want a reasonable soak roll since you are going to get hit eventually.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.