NEWS

Can the alternate mystic adepts astrally project?

• 4 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« on: <04-25-18/0522:22> »
I know there was something in a recentish book about variant mystic adepts (with many other names) who gave up say conjuring or spellcasting. However I can't find the book and the information so rather than spending an hour or two hunting through all the books I figured I'd just ask. Can the variants who sacrifice something else e.g. conjuring astrally project or are they also bound the no projection rule?'

Oh and if someone remembers the name of the book (I thought it was shadow spells but I don't see it there) that would work too.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-25-18/0610:17> »
The book you are thinking of is Forbidden Arcana.

There isn't a "variant" mystic adept, but there are several new types of magical Talents: Apprentices (partial mages limited to a single school of magic, rather than just Spells/Conjuring), Explorers (only capable of Astral Perception and Projection), and the Aware (only Astral Perception).

None of the new aspects have access to Adept Powers, so they aren't Mystic Adepts.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-25-18/0612:58> »
Ah thanks for the information and the book name. Its not with the others so Must have saved it somewhere odd time to hunt for the download location, speaking of which dark terrors is still in my downloads folder I need to move that too. O r just redownlaod from drivethrurpg. Anyway so not mystic adepts hmmm maybe I'm mixing it up with a thread on these forums time for a search.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-25-18/0806:22> »
You are probably thinking of how they tried to stealth Nerf mystic adepts by taking away the enchanting skill group but accidentally gave them astral perception instead.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-25-18/1544:00> »
That sounds like it.