NEWS

/dev/grrl What information is around about her?

• 54 Replies

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #45 on: <05-08-12/2356:30> »
Well, I haven't *read* Safehouses yet.

(I hear it was made by some guy who's never even played the game before. Sheesh!)
No, but he's GMed and been a font of knowledge for many years now.  ;D

Now if only I could remember his name...  It's at the tip of my brain...
Hmm, i have gamed once and GMed once. Maybe i should mail some examples...

Nah, people go nuts whenever i give my take on the rules.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #46 on: <05-08-12/2359:28> »
TB has history as a beetlehead, yeah, and that's not something that you get over so much as you get the upper hand on. Most of the Jackpointers are clean, but theer are a few with substance, or sim, abuse issues. Heck, there's probably a few that trade war stories in private.
There is also at least one that need metahuman substances in their diet...

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #47 on: <05-09-12/0001:30> »
Psychotropic IC can make even hardened bigots forget who they hate.
Doesn't Bull have some nasty stuff that he's kept around for just such types of people?
A orc throttling a hobgoblin for being a bigot, quite the irony ;)

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #48 on: <05-09-12/0004:23> »
Kane's comments on page 35 of Corporate Guide are kinda interesting considering the current relationship. /dev/grrl was sixteen then, which makes her 17 to 18 now.
Dunno why, but i have this impression that the CAS has dropped their legal age some years. Not sure where it got it from tho.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #49 on: <05-09-12/0032:11> »
Honestly, I think the JackPoint crowd is going to extract her from her Corporate Hellhole for her 18th Birthday Present.  ;D
I think you're wrong.
Why not?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #50 on: <05-09-12/0117:57> »
Kane's comments on page 35 of Corporate Guide are kinda interesting considering the current relationship. /dev/grrl was sixteen then, which makes her 17 to 18 now.

I don't think Kane would actually go there for a few reasons, Kat being the biggest.
Threesome?

Honestly, I think the JackPoint crowd is going to extract her from her Corporate Hellhole for her 18th Birthday Present.  ;D
I think you're wrong.

I think she'll get an Ogrehammer.
That just might cause a bit of a stir with her whitebread parents who don't know she's a Shadowrunner.

As for why she won't get extracted for her birthday, the answer is simple, while she could survive in the 'real' world, what would her parents do outside of corp-ville? /dev/grrl doesn't seem like the type to ditch her parents and never talk to them again.

However, after graduation she may decide not to take a job with NeoNET, and instead go into 'business' for herself as a 'freelance matrix security and data recovery consultant'. That way, she could still be a runner, and wouldn't have burned the bridges with the family. Of course, maintaining a semi-legit cover takes work, but if she convinced everyone she was a regular corp brat thus far, she could pull it off.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <05-09-12/0235:24> »
I think you're wrong.
Why not?
For reasons we're not going to discuss here.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #52 on: <05-09-12/0640:23> »
I think you're wrong.
Why not?
For reasons we're not going to discuss here.

She's DOOOMED!  She wont make it to her 18th birthday...  Either that or she will extract herself by then in some sort of emancipation rite... or the corp will realise she has been running the shadows and 'recruit' her to inflitrate jackpoint and keep an eye on the elite of the elite.

But I'm going with doomed and bug spirits.  Cause everything should have a bug spirit...  Hmmm... bug spirits inflitrate NeoNet, take ove mid-level corper... shadowrunner wannabee suddenly finds father is a corperbee...spirit... ok.. too far...
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <05-09-12/0818:08> »
the corp will realise she has been running the shadows and 'recruit' her to inflitrate jackpoint and keep an eye on the elite of the elite.

You assume that she hasn't been doing this all along...
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #54 on: <05-09-12/2100:33> »
/dev/grrl reminds a char described in the short story "Ca Plus Change". I refer to the target of an extraction made by a group of Shadowrunners. She really like this target: young, matrix expert and with corp parents but the story was settled before the 70s.
Loved that story. That soft cover SR2's opening pages are well worn...
That story made Shadowrun for me, I truly believe it's a must read for everyone who plays. Yeah, the Sega game was my first introduction to Shadowrun, but that piece of fiction made me "get it".

I miss those days. :'(
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada