NEWS

|SR5| What would a Predator I look like compared to a V?

• 3 Replies

Lwmons

• Newb
« on: <11-15-20/2333:05> »
I was reading about some ideas for Runs and one suggestion that ended up coming up was stealing the first Ares Predator ever manufactured for an eccentric collector. But knowing my group they'll definitely try and fire off a few rounds of it at some point.

I'm mostly curious about what it would look like numbers-wise when compared to a modern Predator V. I don't have much(read: any) experience with 1e so I'm not sure how much the statblocks would have differed.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <11-16-20/0828:07> »
Predator I

Predator II

Predator III

Predator V

Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of Predator IV at this time.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <11-16-20/1017:11> »
I, for one, am really glad the Predator V and VI went back to the Predator I roots of ripping off RoboCop.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <11-16-20/1032:22> »
I was reading about some ideas for Runs and one suggestion that ended up coming up was stealing the first Ares Predator ever manufactured for an eccentric collector. But knowing my group they'll definitely try and fire off a few rounds of it at some point.

I'm mostly curious about what it would look like numbers-wise when compared to a modern Predator V. I don't have much(read: any) experience with 1e so I'm not sure how much the statblocks would have differed.

If by statblock, you mean things like damage code, number of rounds, etc... then its important to remember, that basically the stat block is not going to change much, if at all.
But:
Things like the smartgun may not work with modern systems (the smart gun tech IS 40 years old now!).

Its still a heavy pistol, so dors heavy pistol damage and has heavy pistol range.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.