NEWS

Wild world of shadowrun

• 2 Replies

Dudesomebody

• Newb
« on: <04-16-20/1900:43> »
  Shadowrun is game with potential for alot of madness and bizarre situations. The players and GMs have a great many tools and rules at there disposal to get into all kinds of hijinx so i was wondering, what is the weirdest thing that has ever happened at your table?? Maybe a player came up with an interesting use for a piece of gear? Maybe some creative spell use? Did you have a pink mohawk scenario all set up only to have your usual murderhobos black trenchcoat the crap out of it?

I would happily share a story from my own table but alas, I have only just gotten my current group to play something other than D&D and haven't played enough shadowrun elsewhere. I eagerly look forward to hearing others war stories though.

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <04-16-20/2144:49> »
Twice in a row, I heard from players of mine, "Maybe we can just 'Weekend At Berine's' this?"
I believe I've already told the story about one of those times here before, so here's a completely different one:

The Mission:
Some "Dangerous Experiments" had gotten loose at a locked-down Shiawase biotech R&D lab. We were to eliminate every single one, and submit a recording of such to Ms. Johnson to have video evidence that none of them got away.

The Runners:
Prick, the Uncouth ork decker/surgeon from Quebec (my PC)
Casper the Caster, human wizard with crippling social anxiety. They had a tendency to keep standing out in the open whenever violence was occurring, and occasionally had to be reminded to become invisible.
Slayer X, elf rigger and pseudo-face, by virtue of having higher CHA than any of us: 3.

What Happened:
We all had micro-cams in our armour/on our helmets/ballistics masks, not to mention our smartguns. Casper gave Prick an Increase AGI spell, and Slayer X brought one of his drones with him.

Prick plugged into a security camera and reviewed footage from the host, mainly seeing furtive movements from a bunch of rooms all over the place. Prick sent a copy of the floorplans to everyone so that we could be methodical.

The first room we opened had three of the same woman, all in surgical gowns (though one had a taser and armoured jacket), with one sporting Cat's Eyes and another with Dermal Plating.

Casper walked into the room, threw a Stunball at all three, then got dropped with a single taser shot. After killing all three of the experimental bioware clones (it was Slayer X's first melee kill, so he failed a Composure test and threw up all the expensive sushi he'd eaten with Ms. Johnson) We had to lock the place back up again and spend an hour in Slayer X's van with an ice pack on Casper's head.

Other highlights include Prick attempting to block a punch from one that turned out to have sticky mucus, and getting her stuck to his bracer. Slayer X threw up again trying to cut her off his bracer with his AK's bayonet; one who turned out to have something like 12P corrosive spit instantly destroying a drone, then, when Slayer X walked up to take a shot at her, instantly killing Slayer X ("I've got Chemical Protection," he said. "Rating 1."). Fortunately, he had Edge to burn. We then locked him in a closet so he had to be his one remaining roto-drone.

With his drone in place, Prick on cram, and Casper safely invisible, we managed to shoot all the others with no major risk. When we opened the door to one of the break rooms, we saw one of the lab's scientists sitting in a chair with the last clone sitting across the table.
The man told us we were killing living people who'd been purpose-grown as means to an end, and that he'd felt sorry for them.

Prick just tearfully said, "I know. I'm sorry." as he aimed his gun and shot the last one through the head. The whole thing was ruined by the drone then firing a burst of Stick&Shock at the man (all of which missed) while the rigger tried to apologize for shooting at him. We left him crying in his seat as we went to get our stricken rigger out of the supply closet.

I decided to edit the footage before sending it in to Ms. Johnson, mainly blurring the runners' faces, setting the whole thing to the Sabre Dance, and, put in three seconds after the end of the footage (because Uncouth), a montage of every single hurl in the run.

We agreed to help SINless people for our next run.

"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"

Dudesomebody

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-16-20/2334:20> »
That was several shades of epic, awesome character arcs, personal growth and a puke montage. What more can you ask for :)