NEWS

Run Faster Errata

• 288 Replies

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #270 on: <02-24-17/1409:18> »
Yeah, that was how it was supposed to come across.

I guess I should try to get something done today while I'm able to get on this site again. Oi.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Reshy

• Newb
« Reply #271 on: <03-13-17/1600:56> »
What is up with the website anyway?  I've never seen a forum so unreliable before.

Sascha Morlok

• Newb
« Reply #272 on: <04-09-17/0406:00> »
Someone asked me the question what happens, when you reach the natural maximum in one attribute of your character within the Life Module system? The rules specify what happens to skills that reached level 9 (add points beyond that to another skill in the same skillgroup), but as far as I can see it doesn't mention the attributes.
German Freelancer for Pegasus Spiele
Wrote the S-K chapter of Market Panic and Power Plays

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #273 on: <04-12-17/2217:08> »
So in priority-gen, does an Adept that becomes a Nosferatu have to pay for their power points in the same manner as a mystic adept?
Once they become mystic adepts, they play by mystic adept rules.

So what happens to the power points they already acquired?  Do they have to spend karma to repurchase something they started with?  What about the power point metamagic?

My guess is they keep them but it goes into the negative karma pool that they have to pay off from getting infected before spending new karma.
At least I think that is how it works.
So in the short term, great, you get some extra abilities, but its going to be a LONG time before you get any earned karma building up.

SavarWallk

• Chummer
« Reply #274 on: <06-16-17/2118:52> »
p68, the Life Modules: Corporate Drone and Arcology Living are the same

Not exactly, one provides a Corporate Limited SIN, the other doesn't. They are very similar backgrounds that produce similar outcomes, after all, but they are different flavors.

The problem is that Arcology gives a Corporate Limited SIN but no balancing extras, they have the same skills.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this  message...however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #275 on: <06-17-17/0134:01> »
So in priority-gen, does an Adept that becomes a Nosferatu have to pay for their power points in the same manner as a mystic adept?
Once they become mystic adepts, they play by mystic adept rules.

So what happens to the power points they already acquired?  Do they have to spend karma to repurchase something they started with?  What about the power point metamagic?
Thought I'd answered this one already, but apparently I didn't. Sorry about that.

They don't lose power points that they already had; I'm not that much of a dick. I honestly haven't thought about it much​, but I understand the "karma debt" approach, though I shy away from it. My own style is more forgiving; this is what you had pre-Infection; from this point forth, though, the rules are different. Makes bookkeeping a pain in the ass, but it's how I see things working.

When we return to this subject, I'll throw this to the team and see what comes up.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

MrAtoni

• Newb
« Reply #276 on: <07-25-17/1230:51> »
On p.71 of Run Faster, in the text about the Magical Education module it refers to p.44 in the last sentence:
Note that you must purchase Adept, Aspected Magician, Magician, or Mystic Adept separately (p. 44) to select this module.
I'm guessing it's suppose to refer to either p.64 or 66

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #277 on: <09-07-17/1001:29> »
Are the bonuses for shapeshifter metahuman forms supposed to carry back over to the shifter's base form? Troll reach and lifestyle costs, adjusted vision, etc. 

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #278 on: <09-08-17/0411:06> »
Are the bonuses for shapeshifter metahuman forms supposed to carry back over to the shifter's base form? Troll reach and lifestyle costs, adjusted vision, etc.

Of course not, that's like arguing the metahuman form would have animal form powers, such as flight. No one wants to live in flying troll world.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #279 on: <09-10-17/0640:13> »
So how does something like the Dryad's Symbiosis work for a shifter then? If it's only present in the metahuman form, do you have to remain in the metahuman form for the entire acclimation period? If you switch forms, does it reset? 

KatoHearts

• Newb
« Reply #280 on: <09-10-17/1218:24> »
In the interest of shifters not being absolutely insane, yes and no respectively.

Simpler answer, they don't have symbiosis at all as per "When in their new shape, the creature gains access to all non-paranormal abilities innate to that race (if any), including Armor, Natural Weapons, and Enhanced Senses. The creature retains all of its paranormal powers in its new form."
« Last Edit: <09-10-17/1238:07> by KatoHearts »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #281 on: <02-07-18/1821:55> »
If a character with MAG 1 gets infected by HMHVV, do they stay at 1 MAG or burn down to 0?
Quote from: RF 141
All Strain II and Strain III Infected begin play with an Essence of one less than their original Essence and a Magic of 1, unless they were magically active before their Infection. In this case, they begin with a Magic rating  one less than their original Magic

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #282 on: <02-07-18/1824:42> »
It'd have to be MAG 1; it's likely that line was written on the assumption that almost all player characters with a MAG rating have it as high as possible without thinking about that specific borderline case.  It also wouldn't make much sense for someone to lose access to their magic from becoming Infected when it makes mundanes magical (in a sense) in the first place.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #283 on: <02-07-18/2105:47> »
It would stay at Magic 1
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #284 on: <02-09-18/1341:31> »
I believe you go down to 0, then you are without, and as such, get bumped to 1 again? Not that the details matter. I mean, it even grants 1 magic to a character that, after the infection, has 0.x Essence left.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.