NEWS

Parazoology out now!

• 31 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <03-12-11/0003:34> »
The latest PDF-only product, Parazoology, is out now, with 30 critter write-ups--21 classics, 9 new ones! It's available on the Battleshop and at Drivethrurpg. Here's the summary if you're looking for more info:

Beware the Beasts

The Awakening had a dramatic effect on the world, and those effects have not stopped shaking things up. Across the Sixth World, magic and other environmental factors continue to twist and distort all variety of living things, and the results can be deadly—or useful, to those who know how to harness the powers let loose in the animal kingdom.

Parazoology brings several critters from earlier editions of Shadowrun into Fourth Edition, while also introducing brand-new beasts. Inside you’ll find the stealthy and predatory cactus cat, the mind-altering stone toad, the horrific sea wolf, and twenty-seven other critters. Complete with full-color illustrations and game statistics for every beast, Parazoology provides a host of challenges, dangers, and potential resources for your Shadowrun game.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-12-11/0444:43> »
Is there really no shadow talk at all in this release , like the sample success?
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #2 on: <03-12-11/0556:37> »
There's a Jackpoint page at the beginning, but no, there is no shadowtalk/jackpointer commentary in the meat of the book. And in this case, I don't miss it.

In Mil-Spec Tech, it felt tacked on and out of place half the time, and I would have rather had the space dedicated to an in-depth explanation of some of their choices, common optional load-outs, etc. For the little pdf's, you need the space, badly. In a book, you have room for the commentary & done right, it adds to the book. Done wrong, it feels hackneyed & thrown in out of customer expectations. Like the random "this is a great place to have sex" debates thrown into War. Sorry, could've done without knowing where Kat o' Nine Tales lost her virginity.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <03-12-11/1045:44> »
I think the Vorpal Beaver might give Drop-Bears a run for their money.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <03-12-11/1124:58> »
Sorry, could've done without knowing where Kat o' Nine Tales lost her virginity.
Fits her character perfectly, however.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-12-11/1252:09> »
There's a Jackpoint page at the beginning, but no, there is no shadowtalk/jackpointer commentary in the meat of the book. And in this case, I don't miss it.
Maybe it's just me missing the old Paranormal animals of * books, but i think that shadowtalk add a ton to a book like this.
But i guess its understandable why it's missing, adding it for all the crittesr would have probably made the book too big.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <03-12-11/1312:02> »
Also, JackPoint has a much more limited number of posters, a lot of whom never leave a city.  So, what would they know about Snowmoose and New Boar?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #7 on: <03-12-11/1505:56> »
(>) A Snowmoose bit my sister once.  No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...
(>) Bull

(>) We apologize for the fault in the Shadowtalk.  Those responsible have been sacked.
(>) Fastjack

(>) What the hell are you two on about?
(>) Slamm-0!

(>) *facepalm*  Fraggin' kids today...
(>) Bull
« Last Edit: <03-12-11/1508:20> by Bull »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-12-11/1600:53> »
So instead of focusing on what's NOT in the book ...

I like it. I can't believe some of these didn't make it into RW in the first place.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <03-12-11/1754:49> »
(>) A Snowmoose bit my sister once.  No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...
(>) Bull

(>) We apologize for the fault in the Shadowtalk.  Those responsible have been sacked.
(>) Fastjack

(>) What the hell are you two on about?
(>) Slamm-0!

(>) *facepalm*  Fraggin' kids today...
(>) Bull
That would have been perfect!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #10 on: <03-12-11/2008:57> »
I hope to have some fun with Slamm-0! down the line.  Him and Bull aren't exactly on the same page as far as what being a Decker/Hacker means.  For even more fun, we need a "3rd generation" Shadowtalker to play with, someone really young.  Bull's in his 40's, Slammo's in his late 20's...  We need a 16 year old punk that the two of them can both be irritated with :)

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-12-11/2046:40> »
I hope to have some fun with Slamm-0! down the line.  Him and Bull aren't exactly on the same page as far as what being a Decker/Hacker means.  For even more fun, we need a "3rd generation" Shadowtalker to play with, someone really young.  Bull's in his 40's, Slammo's in his late 20's...  We need a 16 year old punk that the two of them can both be irritated with :)

will a young 20 year old work?

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-12-11/2246:20> »
/dev/grrl ?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <03-12-11/2255:42> »
Don't get some people started about her...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <03-12-11/2258:18> »
That's why I suggested her.  I think a lot of people might like more experience runners face-palming at her.  :)