NEWS

Fifth edition LFGM&G

• 3 Replies

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« on: <06-24-16/0558:37> »
Somewhat inspired by the 'Missions Banned' characters thread, I'm looking for a GM willing to run a campaign involving the more eclectic character options available in SR5. Preference for Infected.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-02-16/0911:40> »
Alternatively, or in addition to (as I've never quite found this particular style of game);

A story-driven street scum game!

Gang politics, rep building, survival skills, claiming a makeshift clubhouse, mini-heists, street fights involving pipes, chains, and cobbled together guns and handfuls of bullets. Shit getting really really real when you accidentally kill some asshole suit who thinks he can beat on your little brother just because he's SINless. Your best chummer getting in too deep with a narco gang trying to keep everyone fed. Crazy get-rich plans, and building (and fixing) a fortress of neon garbage, scavenged tools, and (eventually) a decent air filter.

That description was pretty inspiring, as things go. Congrats whoever came up with it.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-02-16/1353:03> »
I love ganger campaigns, for all the reasons mentioned. My first post (five years ago) that brought me out of lurking was an ode to ganger campaigns.

They are still my favorite but I find that they are not well-suited to the traditional PbP game format, wherein resolution of individual conflicts is slow. With that in mind, I am tentatively working on an adaptation of the rules that I am calling Career Mode. The idea is to make the basic units of time to be days and weeks, rather than initiative passes and combat turns. There is still strategy, but instead of revolving around battlefield tactics it would be more about the art of war. Negotiation, diplomacy, and political maneuvering mixed with strategic applications of violence, but abstracted so that the world progresses and develops quickly. This could potentially work for either a normal (shadowrunner) level - hence the term Career Mode - or for a street scum (ganger) campaign.

I'm still working out the particulars behind the concepts. I may post something more extensive in the near future.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-21-16/0318:32> »
Quiet for over 100 views. :P