NEWS

Shadowrun Cancelations at GenCon 2021

• 3 Replies

Panthros

• Newb
« on: <09-09-21/0122:18> »
I just got notified of the following:

SRM2081-05 on Friday at 1pm EST is canceled.
SRM2081-06 on Friday at 6pm EST is canceled.
CMP2081-06 on Saturday at 6pm is canceled. 

This is really frustrating as I could have signed up for something else and of course everything else is booked.  Is anyone else seeing any cancelations?  Do I need to worry about my other sessions?

Sorry for my tone.  I should have also said, I wish everyone to be safe. If people decide to they cannot go for whatever reason, we need to support them. 
« Last Edit: <09-12-21/0152:39> by Panthros »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-09-21/0632:52> »
Companies are pulling out of GenCon due to concerns regarding COVID-19. I know R. Talsorian recently announced they would not be attending as well.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-09-21/1046:30> »
I just got notified of the following:

SRM2081-05 on Friday at 1pm EST is canceled.
SRM2081-06 on Friday at 6pm EST is canceled.
CMP2081-06 on Saturday at 6pm is canceled. 

This is really frustrating as I could have signed up for something else and of course everything else is booked.  Is anyone else seeing any cancelations?  Do I need to worry about my other sessions?

I don't know this to be the case, but I expect that's the result of a gm or gms changing their mind and cancelling on going.  I'm fairly sure CGL is still going, but games are dependent on CDT volunteers...
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-10-21/0956:23> »
I can confirm it is due to GMs that have had to cancel due to covid restrictions.
We have had a few gms that have not been cleared to travel,  a couple that have had personal issues, and when coupled with the lower number of initial volunteers to run events the pool of available GMs is just not there to support the games.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team