NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <05-22-14/2301:26> »
I'm sure the whole team assumes that "everyone" just means O'Connor.
« Last Edit: <05-22-14/2303:48> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <05-23-14/2208:21> »
Logistically, someone will need to make a check in with contacts to make this security suit shopping trip happen, and you have issues that may seriously impact price.  There is a similar situation regarding Red's firearm problem.  In both case you are looking at some off the shelf with no time for customizing or tailoring.  Anything up to an availability of 6 is commercially available, but if you go that route it needs to be noted what ID is making the purchases.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <05-24-14/0443:37> »
So basically, all the fashionable and high-end stuff Sammy had in mind will be stock and need a contact.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <05-24-14/0653:42> »
It doesn't have to be the latest fashion, it just have to look as if you belong somewhere other than the Barrens.  The problem is that Necro has always stated that O'Connor is wearing Barren's clothes and those won't allow you into the needle.  The others should be okay, Vashion Island, Mortimer, Zoé are all no problem.  So in order to make it easy for everybody, let's assume O'Connor's armour is not the problem (he will have made sure it is still in good condition I assume), it's just the clothing he wears with it.  So a quick trip to the shop to get some nicer looking trousers and a decent shirt and vest to wear under that armour jacket of yours and we should be okay.  and that shouldn't cost too much either.

For weapons only the ID issue might be a problem, as an Ares Predator is 4R and you don't need many mods on that one.  It might be easier if someone has a spare weapon.  And secondly, don't even think about walking into the Needle with anything bigger than a heavy pistol, no matter who you are and what licences you have.

Also, I might not be on much the next week, as I'm on holiday and I don't know what I will have in the way of internet access.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <05-24-14/0818:26> »
Sam has his normal Self Defender and the Roomsweeper we picked up during the last run. Fionn's welcome to the latter if he wants; Sam isn't really a gun guy. :)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <05-24-14/1719:13> »
And, of course, Fionn doesn't have any other combat skills.  A lightly armed drone might be an option; I'll have to crack open Seattle 2072 when I get home.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <05-27-14/1750:28> »
If a professional appearance is part of the equation, I am going to have to disagree with the idea that O'Connor's jacket fits the bill.  It is pure street chic, badassery gear.

If a coordinated professional appearance is the goal, then all of you have some shopping to do.  Even Clementine, whose professional gear is most in line with the idea of personal security, has a personal style that would look inappropriate on some of the rest of you.

Regardless, if you are looking to avoid SIN entanglements, someone is going to have to call on a contact or do some other kind of legwork.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <05-27-14/1755:25> »
On a separate note, I need a Memory roll from Clem and O'Connor.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <05-27-14/2222:19> »
Memory Test
Logic 3 + Willpower 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5) → [2,4,1,5,4,6] = (2)
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <05-28-14/0147:08> »
I don't think buying a suit is that much of a problem to do on a fake or even a real SIN.  It's perfectly legal.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <05-28-14/1133:49> »
It is perfectly legal, but what you are talking about is getting professional clothes after 7pm for early the next morning, that takes some juice nowadays.  Several suits of said in different sizes if you are going for a coordinated look.  Remember also, even clothing can have all the ARO and tracer bits that a good shadow contact will make sure are not there, or at least are never activated and registered.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <05-28-14/1203:38> »
Can't we just go to one of those malls which are open until very late.  And those suits don't have to have all the exact same look, they just have to be presentable.  We can worry about the tags later (if someone doesn't have a tag eraser on his/her equipement list). 

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-28-14/1553:24> »
You can go that route, for some very utilitarian gear.  Are you going for a coordinated look for the group?

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <05-29-14/1858:47> »
To clarify O'Connor's statement, one of the reasons that most folks don't 'loot' weapons in Shadowrun, beyond personal style, is the fact that weapons tend to be a link between criminal activity.  You start using the piece you took off a ganger you beat up, you might find out the wrong way that the same weapon matches ballistics with an unsolved murder.  Considering the owner of the particular weapon, that is a likely situation.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <05-29-14/1954:30> »
...and, of course, it's something I didn't think for Sam to ask his fixer to do anything about. :(
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!