NEWS

[SDS IC] Sorting Spaghetti

• 205 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #165 on: <06-06-16/1009:41> »
The edit takes no time at all to make.  Pennies closes the filing cabinet with a smile.  There were a few noises back in the hall where the drones continued their routine duties, otherwise, all was quiet.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #166 on: <06-06-16/1036:02> »
Pennies looks at Ice and nods, letting her partner know the deed was done.  The two slip back through the host and then out of VR into their own bodies.  The Dwarf looks at John and says, "All done here.  Let's be off to join the others and get at this."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #167 on: <06-12-16/0551:06> »
With the schedule placed into the host of the exterminators, the team prepares for the next step, infiltrating and recovering the equipment they need to pass at the facility.

Ice looks to Requiem, "I think the planning here is where you shine."

The others look to him with a nod.  "Yeah, I can work some mojo, you tell me where you want it.  Invisibility, you think?  Or illusions?  Hopefully we won't have to frag anyone here."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #168 on: <06-12-16/1249:18> »
Pennies nods.  "I have a schedule of other call outs.  Perhaps we could intercept one of the trucks and take their gear and uniforms?"

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #169 on: <06-13-16/1111:50> »
“Right, so the breadcrumbs are in the exterminator’s host, now we need a ride and uniforms to complete the look.  I’m assuming you can’t just assign us one of the two vans in the lot…?” he gave the two hackers a brief moment to respond, “so I guess if we can’t come up with a facsimile we need to borrow a work crew’s unit.  I’m reluctant to get anyone else involved as it increases the risk of this going wrong but I’m not sure our upfront payment will cover the necessaries in the timeframe we require.  Can you locate a crew that is just starting their shift?  If we can delay them somewhere they hopefully won’t be missed before we’re done…if you send their original target an apology about a delay and wipe the record from the exterminators’ system that should give us the window we need.”

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #170 on: <06-13-16/1131:59> »
Pennies looks at Ice and nods.  "Sure, we can try that.  Here is a list of the day's appointments.  Let's look at it.  Hmmmm. Look here.  Those two trucks still on the lot are scheduled for a routine maintenance check.  We can slip one of your identities into the file as the guy picking up the van to take it to the maintenance garage.  You could walk in and grab a couple of uniforms and drive away.  Would that work?"

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #171 on: <06-13-16/1215:16> »
Ice shrugs.  "It's worth a try, I suppose?"

"Doubt it would work," Div responds.  "The company is small time, so the people probably know each other by face."

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #172 on: <06-13-16/1220:05> »
Divillian continues, "Instead of hitting it at the maintenance garage, how bout we grab it as it's returning from a job. I convince the crew to leave us the vehicle for the night, maybe even get them to corroborate the story if there's any inquiries later. Nuyen, some strong words, and a touch of magic go a long way for these people."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <06-14-16/0223:19> »
Pennies shrugs.  I can go with that.  What can Ice and I do to help make it work?"

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #174 on: <06-14-16/2021:51> »
Divillian shrugs and mentions a few ideas,

- Find a spot along their path which isolates them from traffic.
  - Hack the vehicles personal gridguide and make it believe that it's been instructed by KE to come to a stop in that area. Force the vehicle to roll down its mirrored windows. As I approach the vehicle, I send a second spell their way to help ensure they cooperate and believe the illusion. Thats when I start talking to them in disguise.
   - disable but don't destroy their links. If possible, set it up so that you can restore it after the job is done and over. Maybe encrypt their operating system so that they can't use it.
   - Support the illusion with imitation police chatter, cut from a movie or public soundboard or something, which will be coming from my Link.
   - I'll ask them to step out of their vehicle and while questioning them, casually guide them away from it.
   - You guys steal the van.
   - I pretend to call in the stolen vehicle and influence the two to hang out in a club nearby. I'll cover the cost and promise them the safe return of their van, then we go do the job.
   - Once the job is done, I bring the vehicle back to them and alter their memories so that they think they did the extermination job. If possible, restore their commlinks functionality and plant any needed evidence without being seen. Then we leave.

I'm open to suggestions if there's something about this you'd like to change, but I suggest we get the job over and done with.

« Last Edit: <06-14-16/2023:47> by schenn »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #175 on: <06-15-16/1008:05> »
Pennies and Ice nod and set up a division of labor to make the idea work.  Pennies gets a mark on the vehicle and is prepared to stop it if necessary while Ice sends a message to the two occupants that purports to be from their dispatcher and instructs them to pull over at a designated place and provide any assistance possible to the KE officer that will approach them.  They are told not to contact the office or anyone else about the stop until after it was all over.  The only information available at this time is that this is part of some sort of sting operation.

The guys in the van are more than willing to cooperate, especially if it means some paid time off in a bar.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #176 on: <06-15-16/1428:38> »
After prepping the mini-job, the crew waits patiently for the van to stop.  Divilian walks over and bids them to roll down their window.

"What can I do for you, Officer?" the driver asks.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #177 on: <06-15-16/1534:20> »
Requiem waited in their own vehicle, outwardly calm, calculating the best angles of approach for maximum impact, should things go south. The silenced Lightfire in his lap was loaded with narcojet capsule rounds...he didn't want to kill these poor bastards that were simply wrong place wrong time...

The face mask felt odd but a quick check in the mirror confirmed it was in place and that he didn't look like himself...none of them did!
« Last Edit: <06-15-16/1536:25> by Aria »
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #178 on: <06-16-16/1550:05> »
"I'm in pursuit of a pair of runners in the neighborhood who were broadcasting your SINs. Those bastards demoed my car. That's coming out of my year-end. I need you to step out of your vehicle so I can ask you some questions and take a brief look inside.  They really didn't look like you, and runner's never use their real identities anyway, but I need to verify that you weren't involved. This should only take a few moments."

« Last Edit: <06-16-16/1621:58> by schenn »

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #179 on: <06-17-16/1627:32> »
"Oh,  uh," The man looks uncertain at first, then nods.  "Sure thing, officer.  I hope you're all right..."

The two men step out of the vehicle and give their undivided attention to Div.