NEWS

Introductory Box Release Date

• 84 Replies

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #75 on: <01-01-14/1456:34> »
To me, the worst part about these sort of wild speculation/excitement/disappointment threads is that I can't clear the air the way I'd like to, because backstage discussions are under NDA. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #76 on: <01-01-14/1620:36> »
I'm really glad I don't know what is discussed backstage, because that means I actually can gossip.

Truth be told, I don't mind what we heard about the box, they're taking their time and making sure it gets done well, and that means it won't be a disappointment.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #77 on: <01-01-14/1945:08> »
@Critias - TBH, that comment alone really helps (me, at least). Thanks

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #78 on: <01-01-14/2236:42> »
You mean the extremely-rushed Sprawl Wilds and SR5 Core? Because those are an exception to the rule.

No I mean WAR and several others that have spelling and grammar errors all over the place that make it annoying to read.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #79 on: <01-02-14/0608:50> »
Ah, you're talking SR4. Yeah, I really dislike WAR.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Jame Rowe

• Newb
« Reply #80 on: <07-05-14/2040:05> »
As an aside (pardon the thread necromancy), considering that I have SR4A, how useful would the Introductory Box Set be for me?
Especially since I don't have $60 to spend on the 5E Core Book?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #81 on: <07-05-14/2049:15> »
There are some pretty decent reviews of the digital content out there. If you've are already familiar with the game, but on a budget, might be an idea to check out the 5th QSR which are free. Of course, you can always get the PDF of the core rules for $20, but not sure if digital content is of interest.

Jame Rowe

• Newb
« Reply #82 on: <07-05-14/2135:02> »
I'm more of a hard-copy kinda guy, though thank you for your suggestion. I'll think about it.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #83 on: <07-06-14/1455:17> »
"Decent" is being generous...

And if $60 is too much for you, there might not be any point in getting the hard copy, considering that the Alphaware box (where all of the good stuff is at) is priced at $60. Together with the Beginner's Box, it's $80.

I've been backwards-converting the modules in Plots and Paydata for SR4A. It's definitely doable, and that in that regard, not much difference between the two editions.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #84 on: <07-07-14/0756:19> »
"Decent" is being generous...
Note that by "decent" I was referring to the review describing the contents (at least in my opinion), not necessarily the "rating" of the product.