NEWS

[SR5] Interest Check - Mook Generator

• 5 Replies

prismite

• Omae
« on: <05-15-14/0957:36> »
For a few weeks now I've been working on a generic "mook" generator. It generates categorized bad guys based on your selection and even throws in a bit of random advancement so that not every guy is the same. Its not done (obviously) but feel free to check it out:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0cWLUCJD5oZdWhCMjJ0SFdpbEk/edit?usp=sharing

Essentially where ever you drop the file when you press one of the functional buttons (all 3 versions of Thug, Gangmember, Go-Ganger and Mafioso are working) it will create a like-named text file with the character in it.

There is still a ways to go, but this early beta (if you would call it that, lol) gives you an idea of what is possible.

Thoughts?
Want to join a skype game on R20 on Sundays? PM me!

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1 on: <05-15-14/1114:30> »
i will come back to this and check it out on my home computer.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-15-14/1201:49> »
This seems like an awesome and INCREDIBLY useful tool for GMs, very cool.  Are you planning on making attributes become (somewhat) randomized as well?

Looking forward to not just seeing this when it's fully developed, but using it as a player as well to browse randomly created characters to get ideas for my own characters.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

prismite

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-15-14/1223:14> »
This seems like an awesome and INCREDIBLY useful tool for GMs, very cool.  Are you planning on making attributes become (somewhat) randomized as well?

Looking forward to not just seeing this when it's fully developed, but using it as a player as well to browse randomly created characters to get ideas for my own characters.

Thanks for the positive feedback! And to answer your question, yes. In my mind the finished product will be able to create multiple guys without overwriting the previous guy, along with a lot more customization (like cyberware and adept options for each genre) and more. I just had to pick a starting point.
Want to join a skype game on R20 on Sundays? PM me!

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-15-14/1834:43> »
What might go a long way is adding external support files.  Such as a weapon or spell file.  So that users could add homebrew items to the mix.  This would have to come after the generator is able to randomize it's output.

And while it is limited for me currently, I see great potential in this.  I will follow it's development, and love it and call it George.
« Last Edit: <05-15-14/1836:39> by Iridios »
Signature file not found

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-15-14/2140:18> »
And while it is limited for me currently, I see great potential in this.  I will follow it's development, and love it and call it George.

Yeah, I immediately saw it's potential and thought about how cool it would be for it to be able to spit out fully formed characters using chargen rules as well. For GMs to use making NPC runner teams of course, not so that I can hit the button 50 times and to through the characters for random inspiration. Nope, not at all.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral