NEWS

[SR5] Shedim Challenge

• 3 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« on: <08-17-13/1729:42> »
So in the game I'm running, the "group"  (even though it's just two people) will be encountering a neo-luddite village that has been overrun my Shedim.  The characters are a technomancer and a shamanic magician (who's fairly proficient at combat spells) and so they don't have a huge amount of combat ability beyond the fact that the setting will be an area where grenades, fire, and whatever else will be acceptable because of the distance from normal society and lack of innocents around.

Though they don't have any need to kill the shedim to finish their job, combat will inevitably happen and I don't want it to be too one-sided in either direction.  In addition, there will be one Master Shedim who is in the body of shaman and thus will have spells.

This story was written originally for 4th Edition, so I'm asking for some help with both translating the important abilities Shedim have to 5th (possession, mainly) and choosing a good Force rating for them to be.

Possession might work essentially the same as it did in 4th (add the attributes together, gain Immunity to Normal Weapons) but the changee in damage ratings means suddenly having the spirits only know how to use Unarmed and have to rely on the bodies of civilians went from totally ignorable damage to "could be life threatening".

The plan is that Shedim lack much offense, but are supernaturally terrifying (Fear, Deathly Aura) and very hard to kill.  Would Force 2 for the normal ones and Force 4 or 5 be good for the Master?

Other concerns are the "Static/Spam" zones coming up.  The village would have almost certainly have a 4-5 Noise Rating, and I'm still seriously confused on the implications of that.  All weapons will cease to function wirelessly, including any drones and vehicles.  If either of them had cyberware it couldn't be wirelessly active either unless it was like, Betaware.  I don't understand how having nothing around you makes it impossible for two things a meter from eachother to communicate via radio signals.
« Last Edit: <08-17-13/1736:07> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-18-13/0303:35> »
Those Force ratings seem appropriate.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <08-18-13/0521:18> »
Drones could be controlled through an RCC right?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #3 on: <08-18-13/0526:00> »
The drone and vehicle in question belong to a technomancer and the characters are part-way into the job, so buying an RCC isn't immediately an option.  I feel like noise is too harsh for non-Riggers sometimes...
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.