NEWS

Cyberdeck/Matrix tracking aids

• 19 Replies

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« on: <03-18-19/0214:25> »
I got the idea of creating a card/sheet to help deckers track their cyberdeck settings, modifiers, etc. quickly. This is what I've come up with so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28zetbq1ba3p2ng/Cyberdeck%20sheet.jpg?dl=0

It's a work in progress. Ideally, you would laminate this or put it in a sheet protector, and use wet-erase markers to track attributes and other variables on your deck or for your persona in general. I also have a set of small American-sized board game cards that you would line up below this card to indicate running programs. They look like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhlv0sla6g7ckb6/Program%20card.jpg?dl=0

For the GM, I'm working on a sheet to track info for a hacking session, including Host info such as Rating, Normal Configuration, and Security procedures. I'll put up a preview when I have it ready. This is more likely to be a printed sheet that can be filled out and thrown away. I might create a series of standard sample hosts of various ratings on half or quarter sheets to drop into this sheet.

Lastly, and also for the GM, I have standard card-game sized cards for all the IC in the core book. These look like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2atofhyy1nmpoz/IC%20Card.jpg?dl=0

These would ideally be placed in sleeves and the GM can mark off damage with a marker.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and offer any suggestions. Especially anything you want added onto the cyberdeck sheet.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-18-19/0447:30> »
Oooh thats fancy. Im especially a big fan of the program cards.

Regarding the cyberdeck- wirh Kill code yoy no longer suffer any penalty for worling actoss grids. Only public grid still has the -2 modifier.

Program cards: maybe a small note/symbol showing if its a common or hacking program. Or its use like defensive, utility or offensive program.

I woyld think matrix action cards ala the program cards would be nice :)
« Last Edit: <03-18-19/1425:10> by DigitalZombie »

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #2 on: <03-18-19/1509:37> »
That is awesome. Would love to see/use the final product!
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Dangermaus

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-18-19/1659:53> »
Very nice, would be a great addition to my campaign!

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #4 on: <03-18-19/1950:43> »
Looks great and smartphone sized^^
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-18-19/2154:22> »
Oooh thats fancy. Im especially a big fan of the program cards.

Regarding the cyberdeck- wirh Kill code yoy no longer suffer any penalty for worling actoss grids. Only public grid still has the -2 modifier.

Good to know. Thanks. Correction made.

Program cards: maybe a small note/symbol showing if its a common or hacking program. Or its use like defensive, utility or offensive program.

The common programs are titled in green, while hacking programs are red. I'll add an icon for it for people who will print in black-and-white.

I woyld think matrix action cards ala the program cards would be nice :)

This occurred to me, but that's a lot of cards and I'm not sure I want to dig through a deck every time I pick an action. Then again, maybe that works better. I'll look into it.

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <03-19-19/1321:43> »
I don't know what your using to make them, but would it be possible to make it so you could fill in the level for Hosts and auto populate the stats and boxes for things like IC?
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <03-19-19/1512:19> »
I don't know what your using to make them, but would it be possible to make it so you could fill in the level for Hosts and auto populate the stats and boxes for things like IC?

I'm using Microsoft Publisher, so unfortunately I can't do that.

I'm still learning the Matrix rules, so can you point me to where I can find that information, and maybe I can come up with something?

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <03-19-19/1847:01> »
p. 247
IC rolls Host x 2 for most rolls, uses Host stats for matrix attributes.
Kainite

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #9 on: <03-19-19/1921:07> »
Never mind
« Last Edit: <03-19-19/2019:14> by PiXeL01 »
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <03-19-19/1940:27> »
IC use Host attributes, yes - but they aren’t host x2. They are Host Ratingx2, host rating +1, host rating +2, and host rating +3, one of each of these and they are locked

I said -

Guess I am not getting what you are saying I said wrong... IC rolls Host x 2 for attacks (I.E. Host rating 6 rolls 12 dice). IC uses matrix attributes of host (A/S/D/F) which is derived as you stated. I did not include "rating" was all, but you can't possibly conflate host/host rating with matrix stats as they are completely separate entities.
Kainite

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <03-19-19/2051:23> »
It sounded to me like you wanted to be able to enter the "host level" which I assume meant host rating, and it would somehow populate the host's attributes and what IC it was running. Since you were not specific, I assume that there was some place in one of the books where these things were listed for sample hosts.

Does such a thing exist? Your response:

p. 247

...didn't really answer the question. I suppose I could add a box for "Host Rating" so the Decker can write it down once they've determined it via a Matrix Perception action. After that, they can easily double that on their own to know what IC are rolling against them. As for populating the Host's attributes, they are are Rating +1, +2, +3, and +4, but not in any particular order. I think a hacker still has to take a Matrix Perception action to determine these values, so auto-populating them wouldn't make much sense. I can certain add boxes for the hacker to write them down once determined, however, so I'll consider that.

kainite311

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <03-19-19/2103:02> »
It sounded to me like you wanted to be able to enter the "host level" which I assume meant host rating, and it would somehow populate the host's attributes and what IC it was running. Since you were not specific, I assume that there was some place in one of the books where these things were listed for sample hosts.

Does such a thing exist? Your response:

p. 247

...didn't really answer the question. I suppose I could add a box for "Host Rating" so the Decker can write it down once they've determined it via a Matrix Perception action. After that, they can easily double that on their own to know what IC are rolling against them. As for populating the Host's attributes, they are are Rating +1, +2, +3, and +4, but not in any particular order. I think a hacker still has to take a Matrix Perception action to determine these values, so auto-populating them wouldn't make much sense. I can certain add boxes for the hacker to write them down once determined, however, so I'll consider that.

I was thinking of it from GM point of view using the cards, not for the players to see. Enter the host rating, and it auto populates the init, matrix box condition, attack rolls, ect... on each IC card that you choose to print out to use as scratch cards for tracking IC. Each host is unique in what IC it can have and what order so wasn't implying that part. I.E. You enter host rating 7 and it auto populated all the IC cards as level 7 for quick printing and selection. But I guess in the long run you would still have to populate the matrix stats of the host to truly be able to list the stats. Those are what I meant for auto populate. The stats that are derived from the Host Rating for the IC. In the end it just as easy to just manually fill out the Host card...
Kainite

The Dread Polack

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <03-19-19/2223:01> »
Okay, I see what you're saying. If this were an online utility, that would be great. One thing I might consider is creating multiple Host tracking sheets for GMs, one for each Host rating, up to 12 (any point it rating 1 or 2?), with some of the basic info listed out for convenience. I think the host tracking sheets are more likely to be disposable, rather than re-usable, based on how I GM.

I haven't gotten to the GM sheets yet, but I probably will soon.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #14 on: <03-20-19/0408:47> »
...definitely would love a set of programme cards. So much easier to reference.

I do like the idea of a deck tracking sheet, wasthinking about coming up with something similar as well. The one suggestion I have is make it a "form fillable" PDF rather than set to a specific deck so configurations can be changed and bonuses applied (like from the Overclocker quality, running certain programmes, installed modules, noise reduction, etc).
Forsaken daughter is watching you