• 766 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <03-22-11/1654:49> »
Ah, just received word on my theory.

And Captain Chaos is off the list. :P

As for Slamm-0!, I doubt it. He's a great hacker, but he's the one that pointed it out in Attitude, and that would make him waaaaay more enigmatic than I think he is. And baby may have TM abilities, but I don't think (s)he's (do we know the sex yet?) got the language and life experience for those posts.
Oh well.  So much for getting our Captain back.   :'(  *Pours a 40 on the curb*

As for the baby, I did suggest that, perhaps, (s)he DLed knowledge through Mommy...  Language might be part of that.  Doesn't have the hardware developed yet for language, but the software and wetware might be ready.  Might also explain the lack of a username.  (S)He might not even have the concept on one for him/her self yet.
Ah, he's still out there, this just ain't him. ;)

Outrider45

« Reply #16 on: <03-22-11/1735:11> »
Ah, just received word on my theory.

And Captain Chaos is off the list. :P

As for Slamm-0!, I doubt it. He's a great hacker, but he's the one that pointed it out in Attitude, and that would make him waaaaay more enigmatic than I think he is. And baby may have TM abilities, but I don't think (s)he's (do we know the sex yet?) got the language and life experience for those posts.
Oh well.  So much for getting our Captain back.   :'(  *Pours a 40 on the curb*

As for the baby, I did suggest that, perhaps, (s)he DLed knowledge through Mommy...  Language might be part of that.  Doesn't have the hardware developed yet for language, but the software and wetware might be ready.  Might also explain the lack of a username.  (S)He might not even have the concept on one for him/her self yet.
Ah, he's still out there, this just ain't him. ;)

I know who it is....its your roomie FastJack! I told you to sever the connection when you goto the can to "download". Its been Brian all along!  j/k   ;D

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #17 on: <03-22-11/1953:58> »
A) It appears to be someone with key interest in Central/South America (two direct comments on Atzlan, one on Cartels)
B) There's no smart-alec 'nyah-nyah' tones to the posts. They're all direct and to the point, so it means someone has either:
- 1) Gone to a lot of trouble to post useful comments with an unrecognisable ID... for no real reason
- 2) Registered the alias 'A.Nonymous' (is this any worse than a runner going by E.Nigma or N.Cognito?)
- 3) JP knows who it is, but there are some comms conflicts causing the poster's alias to not be recognised

I also don't recall Fastjack making any comments querying the identity of this poster, or concerns with unidentified posts, which implies he either:
A) Knows who it is
B) Knows how they're getting in.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <03-22-11/2003:11> »
His error reports on JackPoint (Did it ever get past Alpha/Beta stages?) say to alert him to anything like it, but he probably already knows about it.

Be interesting to see who this poster is.  AI With No Name, icon like that of a young Clint Eastwood?   :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <03-22-11/2331:07> »
Yes, per the JackPoint login screen, it appears they are getting in without FastJack's approval:

Quote from: War!, p. 4
<020573> Any irregularities seen on the site can be reported, but you can also assume I’m generally aware of them before you are. —Fastjack
Quote from: Parazoology, p. 2
Someone tried to hack the network yesterday, make sure that you are using the latest protocols. – FastJack
Quote from: Attitude, p. 4
<032073> I’m not playing games anymore. the situation will be resolved soon. i apologize for the inconvenience. —FastJack

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #20 on: <03-22-11/2359:41> »
The plot thickens... Maybe the Dawkins Group? They are sniffing around Jackpoint.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

MK Ultra

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <03-23-11/0822:54> »
Pyramid Watcher would hav no reason to post anonymously. Slam-O, I agree witht he poster above. Netcat´s little one, meh, I hope not, and it dosn´t make a lot of sense. Dawkins Group, maybe, but I´d imagin their MO to be more subtil then anonymous hack-in posts.

Alice didn´t realy have a problem with Aztech, but rather with Thomas Roxborough! Now Roxy left the Aztech Board some time ago...

Now it might be Rox. He has a lot of intel on the Big A and probbaly some antipathy for them, after he left, and he would have an interest to stay anonymous. The fat blob also spent a lot of time in the matrix, so he might have picked up some trix - or else use UniOmni Support. Anyway, I don´t beleave it´s him.

Maybe someone from inside of AZT? They have a record of hacking Shadowland.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <03-23-11/1059:59> »
Alice survived Crash 2.0?  I'd be amazed if she did.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <03-23-11/1232:30> »
Not so sure:

Quote from: System Failure, p. 84
     Her last conscious thought—before blackness closed around her and everything she was ceased to be—was one of insane amusement:
    —So this is how it ends: Alice sucked down her own rabbit-hole …

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-23-11/1239:45> »
Roxy could know about JackPoint, too, since KAM was a guest user in Augmentation.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #25 on: <03-23-11/1324:39> »
He's not known to be subtle, though, having appeared in SOTA:2063 and SOTA:2064 with ... unkind comments about KAM & crew.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <03-23-11/1330:28> »
He's not known to be subtle, though, having appeared in SOTA:2063 and SOTA:2064 with ... unkind comments about KAM & crew.
Unless his time with Alice, in Wonderland, changed his perspective a bit.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #27 on: <03-23-11/1847:50> »
Yes, per the JackPoint login screen, it appears they are getting in without FastJack's approval:

<020573> Any irregularities seen on the site can be reported, but you can also assume I’m generally aware of them before you are. —Fastjack
Someone tried to hack the network yesterday, make sure that you are using the latest protocols. – FastJack
<032073> I’m not playing games anymore. the situation will be resolved soon. i apologize for the inconvenience. —FastJack

But do any of these actually mention A.Nonymous?

re: War!
FastJack is not saying there is a problem, just that he'll generally notice them first (because he's smug like that :P) Also, A.Nonymous posted in this book, and FJ didn't mention any actual problems here.

re: Parazoology
Just because someone tried, doesn't mean they got in. This sounds like the standard 'please update your virus check software' line any good admin would promote.

re: Attitude:
What is he actually referring to? I would expect that if there's a serious issue, FJ would make mention of it near the event (or posting).
A.Nonymous does post in this source, but FJ doesn't mention any issues here?

I'm just not thinking A.Nonymous is a problem ID. It looks more and more like a legitimate username. Now if the ID instead said: <User Unknown> then I'm sure all this conjecture would be warranted.

Until then, who says it's anything but an actual legitimate UserID?
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <03-23-11/2350:56> »

But do any of these actually mention A.Nonymous?

re: War!
FastJack is not saying there is a problem, just that he'll generally notice them first (because he's smug like that :P) Also, A.Nonymous posted in this book, and FJ didn't mention any actual problems here.

re: Parazoology
Just because someone tried, doesn't mean they got in. This sounds like the standard 'please update your virus check software' line any good admin would promote.

re: Attitude:
What is he actually referring to? I would expect that if there's a serious issue, FJ would make mention of it near the event (or posting).
A.Nonymous does post in this source, but FJ doesn't mention any issues here?

I'm just not thinking A.Nonymous is a problem ID. It looks more and more like a legitimate username. Now if the ID instead said: <User Unknown> then I'm sure all this conjecture would be warranted.

Until then, who says it's anything but an actual legitimate UserID?
Check it out

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #29 on: <03-24-11/0010:23> »
Any known AI that has a beef with the Big-A?
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.