NEWS

Scariest Gun Contest!

• 78 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« on: <09-15-10/1916:10> »
Alright, I've been kicking this idea around for a couple days, so I'm gonna try it and see if anyone is interested.

This is a weapon modification contest! The person who makes the scariest gun is the winner and gets bragging rights for building the most terrifying, devastating gun imaginable! Weeee!

All factors about the weapons will be taken into account.

Six modification slots (standard) and you may also have all the accessory slots available for a weapon of it's type. Specific ammo selections are also allowed. Basicly this means that you have to follow the rules when creating the weapon. Please make sure to post all the information about the weapon you build. More than one entry per person is permitted. Only personal weapons please. No vehicle mounted heavy machine guns. Sorry.

Edit: If a weapon cannot be carried it will not be counted. This is what I meant by personal weapon.
« Last Edit: <09-17-10/1212:08> by Joker »

Andinel

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <09-15-10/2211:00> »
Start with an Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle
Add a major firing selection change and make it high velocity
Equip a Gas Vent 3 accessory and a gyromount.
You now have an assault cannon that deals a base damage of 9P with AP -half-4 that can go HV Full-auto for a base damage of 20. It's expensive as hell, though, and you'd never be able to actually get it, but it can kill anything
Shadowrun 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Number 176 of 1500

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-15-10/2217:35> »
That thing is pretty damn scary. I figured the Gauss would be popular in this thread.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <09-15-10/2243:24> »
2 Panther XXL's duct taped together with the triggers wired together.

(Redneck Troll Modification #45) ;)

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-15-10/2249:28> »
I don't know about that one, chummer. :D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <09-15-10/2340:40> »
Trust me, I nearly drekked my pants when a 10' tall troll with two teeth (both the biggest, ugliest tusks you ever saw) stepped out of the bayou dressed in dirty denim and alligator boots (I know they were real because he didn't bother to remove the legs, eyes or teeth) carrying this puppy. Fortunately, he was our contact on a smuggling run from the CAS to parts in the CL.

Of course, when he fired the damned thing, everyone did drek their pants. But, it sank the patrol boat that had been chasing us and that's all that mattered. Well, okay, so he DID loose his trigger finger in the recoil, but he just smiled those yellow tusks and gums at us and mumbled something about how he hated when that happened, since it Doc was always bitchin' about growing him a new one.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #6 on: <09-16-10/0110:33> »
Add a major firing selection change and make it high velocity
Equip a Gas Vent 3 accessory and a gyromount.
You now have an assault cannon that deals a base damage of 9P with AP -half-4 that can go HV Full-auto for a base damage of 20. It's expensive as hell, though, and you'd never be able to actually get it, but it can kill anything.
I'm pretty sure that would take 8 modification slots, thereby breaking Jokers rule about it needing to be possible according to RAW. =P Other than that... sounds awesome.

My entry:

Start with an Stoner-Ares M107 HMG [7P dmg, -3 AP]
Gas Vent 3 (included)
Smartgun System (1 slot)
Electronic Firing (2 slots)
High Velocity (2 slots)
Improved Range Finder (1 slot)
Shockpad (0 slots)
Gyro Stabilization (0 slots)
Trigger Removal (0 slots)

In the end, you get a gun that fires 12 round long bursts, (+12 DV or -12 Defense pool), has 11 RC (AKA no recoil under normal circumstances), all range categories are reduced by 1, all perception checks to find where the gun is being fired from are reduced by 1 die, and you get the +2 dice from smartgun.

If combined with hawk eye (Positive Quality), you can shoot a target at 1200m with a full burst (dealing 19P base damage, -3 AP) and still be rolling (Agility + Automatics + 1) dice. And that's assuming standard ammo. Add AV rounds or hollow points to the mix, and it just goes downhill from there.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Andinel

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-16-10/0128:39> »
Well, the modifications are:
• Large firing selection change - 4 slots
• High velocity - 2 slots
• Gas Vent 3 (accessory) - 0 slots
• Gyro Stabilization (accessory) - 0 slots

In fact, since the gauss rifle only has 10 shots, we can get rid of the high velocity mod, and instead include more fun stuff, like a personalized grip and a powered folding stock for 2 slots. This gives us a total of 11 points of recoil compensation, providing plenty for full-auto fire for base damage of 18P.

The one flaw in this plan is that you expend the entire resources of the gun in one round.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #8 on: <09-16-10/0134:49> »
ahh, didnt think of the gas vent as accessory, that makes more sense now. my bad. =)
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <09-16-10/0135:45> »
Ah, but what a glorious round it will be ;D
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-16-10/0242:28> »
Ill number this so its easier to answer
1:Add a major firing selection change and 2:make it high velocity
3:Equip a Gas Vent 3 accessory and a 4:gyromount.
You now have an assault cannon that deals a base damage of 9P with AP -half-4 that can go HV Full-auto for a base damage of 20. It's expensive as hell, though, and you'd never be able to actually get it, but it can kill anything
1:Gauss rifle qualifies as a weapons using unusual loading mechanisms or exotic ammunition(IMHO), so not allowed
2:See 1 for why this isn't allowed
3:can only be built into machine pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, and  machine guns
4:Allowed, but not exactly needed anymore
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Andinel

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <09-16-10/0340:26> »
Actually, the gauss rifle has a standard clip and uses assault cannon rounds. If assault cannon rounds disqualify it from a firing selection change, then you're right, but that ammo isn't exactly "exotic". So I think it still qualifies.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-16-10/0353:13> »
Actually, the gauss rifle has a standard clip and uses assault cannon rounds. If assault cannon rounds disqualify it from a firing selection change, then you're right, but that ammo isn't exactly "exotic". So I think it still qualifies.
Actually it uses Gauss rifle rounds and a powerclip to power the shots.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-16-10/0636:05> »
It's not the ammo, it's the loading mechanism. Powered clips do not count as unusual loading mechanisms in my opinion. Just like energy clips for a laser pistol. For an example of a strange loading mechanism please check out the sakura fubuki or the pain inducer.

The reason behind the rule is simply that some weapons only have the capability of being so fast due to their nature. The pain inducer already fires a steady beam. The Fubuki is already capable of firing as quickly as it's components, such as loading mechanism, are able to. At least this is how I think of it. I'm open to other interpretations.
« Last Edit: <09-16-10/0651:34> by Joker »

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-16-10/0712:57> »
The reason behind the rule is simply that some weapons only have the capability of being so fast due to their nature. The pain inducer already fires a steady beam. The Fubuki is already capable of firing as quickly as it's components, such as loading mechanism, are able to
I would say that that applies just as well to the Gauss Rifle, you can only raw so much power at a time and only charge up the magnetic field so quicly, before it becomes technically imposible to do that any faster.
It's all ready a SA gaus weapon, as opposed to its bigger brethens that are only SS.

Also i would say that the fact it's the only weapon requiring two types of ammo to shoot qualifies it for "unusual loading mechanic".
« Last Edit: <09-16-10/0715:08> by Mäx »