NEWS

Jackpointers/Shadowlanders/Whoever you want to know more about

• 176 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #15 on: <11-16-11/1657:30> »
And from Seattle 2072 we also know that he received Saelestra's 'Good morning, World' message/email/filedisk.

That actually predates 2072 by a fair bit.  FJ posted that bit waaaaay back in 2nd ed, I think.  Denver Boxed Set, maybe? 

And looking at everyones lists...  Hehe.  Cool. :)

My personally, I want an update to Jack Skater and his team from the Mel Odom novels.

Bull

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <11-16-11/1726:49> »
Yep. Denver Sourcebook, p.73.

A character I'd like to see an SR4 update on would be Cinder (Renraku Arcology Shutdown, Threats 2). She was an Otaku present when Deus' minions attacked Shadowland and after the Shutdown she was targeted by Pax who said she could 'hear the ressonanace and the dissonance'. And just because there's got to be a story behind the green... Clockwork.
Perri has that ability in the SR4A story, Happy Trails. And Perri has rotated through a ton of names.

So there's that.

I should send Jay an e-mail.
« Last Edit: <11-16-11/1730:37> by James Meiers »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <11-17-11/0752:34> »
Yep. Denver Sourcebook, p.73.

A character I'd like to see an SR4 update on would be Cinder (Renraku Arcology Shutdown, Threats 2). She was an Otaku present when Deus' minions attacked Shadowland and after the Shutdown she was targeted by Pax who said she could 'hear the ressonanace and the dissonance'. And just because there's got to be a story behind the green... Clockwork.
Perri has that ability in the SR4A story, Happy Trails. And Perri has rotated through a ton of names.

So there's that.

I should send Jay an e-mail.
Is Perri a different person than Peregrine? I'm assuming so, but it's a bit convoluted...

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #18 on: <11-17-11/1302:58> »
Everytime I see someone talk about Peri/Perri, my first thought is "Perianwyr" :)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <11-17-11/1407:41> »
Everytime I see someone talk about Peri/Perri, my first thought is "Perianwyr" :)
Usually mine is too. Which adds in that much more confusion when you're not quite sure who's posting... ;)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #20 on: <11-17-11/1434:23> »
I always thought Peregrine/Perri is the same as Fastjack's daughter, who is the same as the sysop at the Nexus. Partly because she gets away with calling him Jack in Spy Games, while Sticks gets booted.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #21 on: <11-17-11/1441:22> »
I always thought Peregrine/Perri is the same as Fastjack's daughter, who is the same as the sysop at the Nexus. Partly because she gets away with calling him Jack in Spy Games, while Sticks gets booted.

That was my thought too. I thought Sticks was booted from Jackpoint, but he was posting in Street Legends.
Andrew Grim

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <11-17-11/1459:44> »
There's "Booted" as in kicked off completely, and "Booted" as in kicked offline.  He was just knocked offline and probably given a serious case of Dumpshock for good measure.  Only really good friends of FastJack (No, the other one) gets to call him "Jack".
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <11-17-11/1542:52> »
Well, see Peregrine was part of the Resistance in the Arcology back when Deus shut it down in 2060. She was 17 then and spoke about how she lived in the Arc and her dad was a company man. Now, it is possible FastJack works for da man, but she didn't know if her dad was alive or dead when she escaped the Arcology. If FJ's her dad, then I'm sure that he'd let her know as soon as she started broadcasting on Shadowland.

Now, Perri, the technomancer SysAdmin at Denver's Nexus, is apparently the same Perri introduced in Target: Matrix to make the Otaku "public" to Shadowland there. Apparently this is FastJack's daughter, which makes all of Emergence and everything that MUCH more interesting in Jackpoint.

There's never been clarification that they aren't one and the same, and they're both about the same age (at least, the Perri from Target: Matrix in 2055 "sounds" like she's about 12). That would put them both at around 30 in 2073. And about 21 in 2064 when Crash 2.0 hit, which again seems like the right age since Perri's in (a) University at the time. But nothing says they are/aren't one and the same (at least nothing in the books or here I'm not that active on Dumpshock, so I don't know if anything was revealed there).

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #24 on: <11-17-11/1557:49> »
Perri, the otaku (who is also FJ's daughter), was actually introduced in the Denver box set. Notice how protective he is of her in there.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <11-17-11/1651:21> »
I doubt FastJack is Perri's biological daughter. She doesn't even call him "dad" until the end of Happy Trails when he kills the piece of Jormungand trying to eat her.

There's no way Peregrine is Perri. Remember, the first generation of otaku were forgotten, abandoned children who had no families. They made the Matrix their homes, and their tribes were their families. Also, at the time most otaku were concentrated in the Denver Data Haven. Worrying about her father would not be an issue because I doubt she ever knew her real father. If there were otaku in the SCIRE, they were Banded or they were the rare otaku a runner team going into the arc might have with them. Or they're Overwatch, who operated outside of the Arc.
« Last Edit: <11-17-11/1653:36> by James Meiers »

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #26 on: <11-17-11/1652:08> »
I was impressed with FJ locking the then Nexus sysops out.

Was who or what was introducing the Otaku to the "Deep Resonance" and the "Complex Forms" (Denver: City of Shadow Box set, Players guide page 87).
Andrew Grim

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-17-11/1654:17> »
It was never said, but I have my suspicions.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #28 on: <11-17-11/1658:03> »
Well, Deus certainly had his own otaku, and didn't Mirage make some more?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #29 on: <11-17-11/1828:34> »
My brain hurts.  And, no, it's not part of a back-up of Dues.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11