NEWS

Jackpointers/Shadowlanders/Whoever you want to know more about

• 176 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <11-16-11/1213:56> »
There's a thread on DUmpshock covering this, and figured I'd start up a similar thread here (Especially as that one largely derailed into a conversation about whether or not a product like Street Legends was useful.  Lets avoid that here...  If you don't like/want/need Street Legends and won't use it, that's cool, but lets not thread crap here by telling us about that.  Feel free to start up a "Street Legends is Useless " thread :))

So...  What characters from Shadowrun do you want to see more of?  Whether it's a Street Legends style write up, a 10 Jackpointers style, or whatever?  These can be Jackpoint characters, old Shadowland characters ("Where are they now?"), or even characters from game fiction or adventures.  And, most importantly, WHY do you want to see more about them?

Bull

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-16-11/1239:37> »
I said it there and I'll say it here ... I want to know more about /Dev/Grrl, personally. There's a damn good story there.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <11-16-11/1242:04> »
Just thought of something (And here's better than there to ask it), what about inquiring about old ShadowLand posters/Cannon characters from the novels?

I'd like to know what happened to Argent and Peg, for instance.  And  more about Dirk and his techie chummer (Whose name escapes me right now, but posted to ShadowLand a few times as well.).
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #3 on: <11-16-11/1245:41> »
Netcat - What did she do to get on Jackpoint, and how's the little TM doing with pregnancy? And any more news on the cat?
/dev/grrl - Would love to know more about her.
Aegis - A throwback to the Shadowland days, he was pretty prominent in the Tir Tairngir supplement. Would like to know more about him.
Fastjack - I just would love to see what the full bio on him is.
Captain Chaos - An obvious choice if one does a 'Fallen Heroes' collection.
Hatchetman - Same as Cap. Would love to see some bios of the big names of days gone by.
Harlequin - Because we really could use more of the last Knight of the Crying Spire.
Deus - There are hints that he's out there, but I wanna know what happened to him, and the other uber-AIs!
Pax - If this slitch isn't dead, then it'd be good to know more about her.
Ehran the Scribe - Because it'd be interesting to see what people could come up with for him.
Non-metahuman Sapient Runners - Nagas, Centaurs, and Pixies, oh my!
Ghostwalker & the other great Dragons - Because knowing more about them means it is easier to keep from getting in their way.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <11-16-11/1301:07> »
Okay, first things first: Is there going to be a PDF-Only update to Street Legends including some of the write-ups from the GenCon Tourney (i.e. Ryan Mercury, Arsenal, NetCat, et al)?

As for who I'd like more info on:

#1) Captain Chaos - I have my own story for his "comeback", but I'd like official word on what's going on with the ol' man/e-ghost.

More info on the Puck storyline, to be sure. What's he up to and has he found what he was looking for?

For the current crowd, I'd like to know more about 2XL, Plan 9, and /dev/grrl. And how about clarification on whether FastJack's daughter is/isn't the Peri at the Denver Nexus (I believe she isn't, but there's not really anything concrete one way or the other).

For the "Where are they now?" aspect. Give me info on Neon Samurai and his one-man-war against lasers, Pyramid Watcher and his one-man-war against the Azzies, Dragonslayer and his one-man-war against dragons, ANY detail at all on Pendragon, and possibly/maybe/if-its-cool-with-the-boss a story or two on Fatima's family (maybe a nephew/niece/son/daughter that is following in her footsteps)?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <11-16-11/1304:34> »
Just thought of something (And here's better than there to ask it), what about inquiring about old ShadowLand posters/Cannon characters from the novels?

I'd like to know what happened to Argent and Peg, for instance.  And  more about Dirk and his techie chummer (Whose name escapes me right now, but posted to ShadowLand a few times as well.).
From the GenCon tourney, I can tell you a little bit on Argent & Ryan Mercury. Seems that when Ryan went looking for Nadja, he got caught by a band of rebels/warlord's scum/whatever down south of the border. They tossed him in a pit to fight a la Gladiator, so they could broadcast the TriD and make a lot of nuyen. Unfortunately for them, the opponent they tossed in with him was Argent. The two of them proceeded to break out of the pit, take care of the rebels and make their way back to civilization.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <11-16-11/1319:14> »
Being new to the francise I am now curious about stuff that I'm not sure i'm ready to run in my games. Particularly I was looking over Harlequin's Back, the cross over between a system I've never played Earth Dawn is it? And shadowrun, I like mysteries and trying to figure them out so Harlequin's got me scratchin my head quite a bit. So I'd like to find out more about this mystery elf because he intrigs me.

Being new i'm still learning a bit of the personalities out there. Fastjack seems like an interested character with a lot of history out there so I want to know more about him, since he seems to be a "Veteran" type person. :D
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-16-11/1327:02> »
Earthdawn and Shadowrun used to be made by the same company. While Shadowrun is the story of the Sixth World, Earthdawn is the story of the Fourth. Think D&D, with Lovecraftian horrors running around causing all sorts of trouble.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <11-16-11/1334:38> »
Just as a note, there are 64 JackPoint users. There have been another 70 guest users or contributors whose material was posted through someone else (mainly Butch in Augmentation).

I just noticed a couple when looking at Fastjack's (the mod) Shadowland Authors pdf.

• Diabolique, who broke the existence of Dunk's Watchers
  • The Gingerbread Man, because he's the damn Gingerbread Man
  • Red Wraith, who's still fixing in Brussels and northern Europe as of Spy Games
  • MissTick, the "street witch" from Target: UCAS, and Not Alachia as per Loose Alliances
  • Tish Bite, the vampire who isn't Martin De Vries
  • Chuck-Chuck Razool, who might be dead
  • Connie Connoiseur, because she can get into any shadow haunt, anywhere
  • Intern, because he's got an interesting perspective on running
  • Kernel, cyberlogicians and savant characters are neat
  • Kestrel, female but less sociopathic version of Haze
And some Posters:
  • Neon Samurai, did he find justice
  • Nightfire, the life of a sell-out
  • Peregrine, Renraku
  • Priest, It's Priest.
  • Reality Czech, old-timer who had a good amount of skepticism about the world
  • Santiago, who actually worked for Aztechnology
  • SPD, because he's the only Shadowlander older than FastJack
  • Doctor Bones, AKA Steven Ridgemont
  • Spes, see where he landed after the Tir shakeup
  • Sidewinder, the noob decker from "Plus ça change ..."
  • Jane-in-the-Box, Dunk's decker
  • Grey Knight, AKA Col. Lloyd Ritter
  • Demonseed Elite, to drag Jay back into the pool
  • Victoria, find out how she pulled off that sneak in NAGRL
And a couple of JackPointers:
  • Hard Exit, she seems cool. Ex-Lone Star and CAS military
  • DangerSensei, who is a mystery man

Outside of posters, the last big one is Ryan Mercury, because Fuck You
« Last Edit: <11-16-11/1336:45> by James Meiers »

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-16-11/1348:35> »
2XL - Probably has some great stories.
Butch - Always need to know about the person patching you up.
Clockwork - Is there something behind his utter hatred of the Emerged?
Frosty - C'mon, anyone who hangs with so many movers and shakers has to have some fun tales to tell.
Mihoshi Oni - Gotta love the guy.
Smiling Bandit - Just because.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <11-16-11/1353:22> »
Mihoshi is a woman.

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #11 on: <11-16-11/1436:07> »
I really liked Street Legends, and will use it in my game (although some names will change to protect the survivors). I was disappointed with 10 Jackpointers lack of stats. I've always liked Man-of-Many-Names after the story of him summoning a Man of the Woods in Paranormal Animals of North America.

I would like to see Netcat, Slamm-O!, and the kid. More on Fastjack. Really anything that gives me story ideas, or just make life as GM easier (NPC Stats) is always nice.
Andrew Grim

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-16-11/1503:19> »
Unfortunately for them, the opponent they tossed in with him was Argent. The two of them proceeded to break out of the pit, take care of the rebels and make their way back to civilization.
Wow. That was action-movie villain stupid.

As for the Street Legends supplement, I think it's okay to say that one is in production.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <11-16-11/1529:43> »
Ironically, I don't want to know everything about FastJack. I mean, I'd love to have his full bio and stats, but I know that after reading the info, I'd get real depressed about a secret being brought to the light. Right now, all we know is that a) he's a guy, b) he was born in 1999 and c) he's got a daughter and some nieces. Oh, and that he can kick the ever-lovin' hoop off anything in the Matrix.

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #14 on: <11-16-11/1541:37> »
Ironically, I don't want to know everything about FastJack. I mean, I'd love to have his full bio and stats, but I know that after reading the info, I'd get real depressed about a secret being brought to the light. Right now, all we know is that a) he's a guy, b) he was born in 1999 and c) he's got a daughter and some nieces. Oh, and that he can kick the ever-lovin' hoop off anything in the Matrix.

And from Seattle 2072 we also know that he received Saelestra's 'Good morning, World' message/email/filedisk.

A character I'd like to see an SR4 update on would be Cinder (Renraku Arcology Shutdown, Threats 2). She was an Otaku present when Deus' minions attacked Shadowland and after the Shutdown she was targeted by Pax who said she could 'hear the ressonanace and the dissonance'. And just because there's got to be a story behind the green... Clockwork.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.