NEWS

Personal Update

• 2 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« on: <03-10-19/2022:21> »
Um... hoi, chummers. I hope this doesn't come across as stepping on any toes to anyone, but this is firebug's fiancee typing. We wanted to give everyone an update, but she didn't have it in her to be back here again, only to give the bittersweet news that we have to give right now.

For context to those who don't know, last year we went homeless, and after a couple weeks of sheer frustration attempting to use the public resources available, we turned to reaching out for help via a gofundme, and a heartfelt plea for help anywhere someone would listen. This community saved our lives. We put as much as we could into rent, and as little as we could get away with for steady food and internet access, and I tried to work as long as I could. I lost the gig I picked up when we were homeless after coming down with a flu that started two days before we moved in here, and lasted until the middle of October, just about. I haven't been able to get work through that temp agency again, or anyone else without my ID in hand, so far,.

Apart from our personal demons, the worst complication of it all has been that, prior to going homeless, I had an out-of-state ID, which I lost. I found out due to taking an extra month to pay off all my court fees from something in late 2014 in Florida, that my old Id was suspended, and I'd have to go acquire a signed affidavit from my old hometown's court saying I'd payed my fines. It's taken me a long while to get all the kinds of proof of address and ID that I'd need in order to just get a new PA ID without having my old one to forfeit.

Sadly? This means it's March 10th, and our rent was due on the 1st. We HAVE insurance now, we HAVE foodstamps, we just need enough for rent, and my fees for my ID. We're so close that it hurts me that I haven't fixed this already. Every day, I feel like I am actively failing firebug in some deep, deep way, but at least I could come begging for help instead of her this time.

Please, don't hold this against her. You can think I'm a piece of shit, but this isn't firebug's fault. She loves this game, and we both love this community, and we hold so much gratitude in our hearts for everything that we've already been given, but...

If anyone can help, here's the new gofundme link. https://www.gofundme.com/please-we-need-help-one-last-time

Thank you,
CT
« Last Edit: <03-10-19/2024:02> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

adzling

« Reply #1 on: <03-11-19/1254:46> »
Please don't crap on yourself. You've got plenty of shit to deal with without you bringing yourself down. Your I.D. plight is the perfect example of how the American justice system is rigged against the poor, no fault of your own here.

You're doing the best you can in a terrible situation, kudos to you.

Really, I'm not just saying that. The shit your dealing with is beyond the ken of most people in the U.S. today and should not be trivialized.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, you'll get out of it if you can keep it together.

In the meantime I spiffed you some more $$

best of luck

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-03-19/0028:48> »
Somehow I missed this post when it first went up. I just sent a little more cash your way; I'm sorry you didn't get it sooner. I'll echo everything Adzling said, and add that you're respected and appreciated here. We all hope to see you back on your feet soon. PM me if you want help with a résumé, or a reference, or a letter of recommendation.